• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N i30N is not overboosting

Just guessing, maybe you don't have some prerequisite for overboost? Like low quality gasoline, missed service interval or even a minor malfunction. Have you tried 100 octane gasoline?

Sorry! I completely forgot to update this thread!

After a few months I filled with 98 octane instead of 95 and now the overboost is back! I wasn't thinking about it anymore.. it was like "oh the overboost is back again".

So now I only use 98 and everything is running perfectly!

Maybe the 95 was bad fuel or have water mixture on it and wasn't reaching real 95 octanes.. I don't know..
Both fuels are from Repsol

Must have something to do with that specific fuel.
I never used anything else than 95 and the overboost has always been there (65K and counting).

Issue solved, after taking it to the dealership, and doing pressure tests and several tests, everything is fine. Solution? They reset the factory car and it works again!

Reactions: loafer-N77
Hello everyone,

I know there is a post with this topic. However my case is a bit different. On the other post I saw that the person who was reporting the issue clearly the car wasn't boosting to full power. Mine on the other hand looks like it is, however the light does not come up. Also there is a missmatch between the graph on this display and the one on the screen. As you can see in the video it says around 1.1bar, on the screen it says 0.95bar.

I have seen that some people solved the issue by changing to high octane petrol, others just going to the dealer. Does anyone had this issue?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Ongoing dicussion;

I'd look at the fuel you're utilizing first and foremost. Top tier fuel is considered best for the 2.0T Theta II engine. If you're using anything else, this might be the cause.

I'd look at the fuel you're utilizing first and foremost. Top tier fuel is considered best for the 2.0T Theta II engine. If you're using anything else, this might be the cause.

I will have a look on that... In theory here in Spain all fuels are more or less the same as there is just one distributor authorised. I'll have a try on that.

Most of the time overboost light is on, you're looking at the road, so it is easy to miss it... once you get know each other better you'll meet much often ;-)

Most of the time overboost light is on, you're looking at the road, so it is easy to miss it... once you get know each other better you'll meet much often ;-)

The light is definitely not coming on... You can see in the video that I attached, that was full throttle.

Little update:

I used my OBD 2 device to register some parameters of the car and all seems quite ok... Ignition timing was 17 so it was ok for a 95 octane fuel... No idea what is going on. I'll call the dealer on Monday and see what they tell me.

I have MY20 non-performance model. When all conditions are met, I got overboost icon active for a few seconds, then it automatically goes off. Boost gauge goes to 1.2 bar, then slowly drops to about 1.0 bar.

As the car is supposed to have 250 HP and no overboost at all, I'm a bit puzzled. What about others?

IMAG7787_1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: GazmaN
It's not suppose to have overboost , if it's the basic 250 hp and not the i30N Performance 275 model.😂

Personally, I think there's to much concern with a little light on the dash.😉

Reactions: Bu11eT
It's not suppose to have overboost , if it's the basic 250 hp and not the i30N Performance 275 model.😂

Personally, I think there's to much concern with a little light on the dash.😉

I can definitely feel the car struggles to build up the power... I have been speaking with a guy that had the same issue and the problem solved resetting the ECU.