• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30N Car Insurance

Happy to see this thread, I’m looking to buy an N later in the year, just renewed my Mazda 3 with One Call for £240, have them a reg of an N from a auto Trader, and they said they wouldn’t insure it!

So I would have to cancel it and move insurance companies!

I’ll come back here to see what peeps are using.

I'm insured by Hyundai directly. 680€ for small omnium so everything covered except for damage when I mess up. Just the basic insurance was 380€. For our 110hp Megane diesel it's over 500€!! Reason is the safety systems on the i30n.

Reactions: BadShadd
Mhm 19 years old, been driving for a year. Just been working a lot and think i'll be treating myself to a i30n performance!
If you dont mind me asking, you buying it outright, getting in on finance or getting a bank loam? In a similar position myself.
Cheers

Reactions: Noose
If you dont mind me asking, you buying it outright, getting in on finance or getting a bank loam? In a similar position myself.
Cheers
He seems to be in the same position as my self I ended up buying the car on finance as I can always change it after a couple of years.

Reactions: MattK
The N is still so rare and limited & we're taking care of them that the insurance companies are keeping the numbers low. I paid more than a third less than on my 2008 Mercedes E200 wagon with my kids (20 & 22) still on the policy.

Yes I was paying £666 for my 2015 Subaru WRX STI with 300hp and now well under £300 for the N with only a few less HP.

I was very surprised especially when my wife lost 6 years no claims when her company car scheme screwed her but with only 3 years no claims ours has come out at £320 which is £300 cheaper than my Octavia vrs that I have 8 years ncb on!

Mines been the same switches from the mk7 Golf R to this had 1 month left they gave me money back and then offered the renewal at silly money in comparison it was 300 quid less!