• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

Привет
Мне очень нравится i30n, но есть некоторые недостатки:
- плохая звукоизоляция,
- использование круиз-контроля не удобно (не показывает выбранную скорость, ее нужно активировать, нет ограничителя),
- легкое прилипание рулевого колеса на скоростях от 100 км / ч,
- музыка не очень хорошая.
В целом, это отличный автомобиль!

******In English******
Hello
I really like the i30n, but there are some disadvantages:
- poor sound insulation
- the use of cruise control is not convenient (does not show the selected speed, it needs to be activated, there is no limiter),
- easy adhesion of the steering wheel at speeds from 100 km / h,
- the music is not very good.
All in all, this is a great car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: N-Mode
Привет
- плохая звукоизоляция,
- использование круиз-контроля не удобно (не показывает выбранную скорость, ее нужно активировать, нет ограничителя),

Welcome, please use English in the main parts of the forum :)
I've edited your post this time.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Привет
- плохая звукоизоляция,

******In English******
Hello
I really like the i30n, but there are some disadvantages:
- poor sound insulation
- the use of cruise control is not convenient (does not show the selected speed, it needs to be activated, there is no limiter),
- easy adhesion of the steering wheel at speeds from 100 km / h,
- the music is not very good.
All in all, this is a great car!
I agree with everything you say, but please post in English :)

Reactions: loafer-N77
I have run this car hard and i think the only thing i bloody hate is how low quality the stereo is (Underpowered amp)
and the headlights not being bright enough from factory.

Other than that, this car is absolutely exhilarating to drive

I have run this car hard and i think the only thing i bloody hate is how low quality the stereo is (Underpowered amp)
and the headlights not being bright enough from factory.

Other than that, this car is absolutely exhilarating to drive
Should try a mk1 octavia vrs for headlights.🤣🤣

Reactions: N-Mode
Agree on the headlights, the ones in my previous Clio 220 Trophy were miles better, other than that, its a cracking car, I test drove a Megane Trophy before I bought this, but just couldn't live with the ride quality, truly awful on anything but a smooth surface, which there aren't many in SE England.

Reactions: Bu11eT
Agree on the headlights, the ones in my previous Clio 220 Trophy were miles better, other than that, its a cracking car, I test drove a Megane Trophy before I bought this, but just couldn't live with the ride quality, truly awful on anything but a smooth surface, which there aren't many in SE England.

This is the main reason that I rejected buying an RS Megane Trophy at the start of the year. That and the fact that the sales guys was an unbelievable Twat. Not sure how many cars he sells but I'd bet good money that it's not many with an attitude like he had.

I find the dipped lights on my I30N pretty good, much better than the rate adaptive xenon's on either of the Focus ST's that I had. Think the whiter light helps a lot here. But the full beam on the I30N has no where near the penetration (think I can use that word after mid-day) than the Focus ST. Do miss the fact that the lights don't move with the steering wheel on the I30, like they did on the Focus, always thought this was a brilliant idea.

Also find the high beam assist on the I30N works pretty well, it was a disaster on the Focus, it kept dipping the lights every time you can upon a road sign (reflected light seemed to confuse the system).

Reactions: Kobrah
Yes agree about the lights they aren't great for a car of this performance that's one area where my megane RS Cup scored hopefully when the i30N Mkii comes along (when is that) they will have improved the lights.

...hopefully when the i30N Mkii comes along (when is that) they will have improved the lights...

Anyone's guess at the moment I suspect. The current I30N should inherit "at some point" the mid life changes that the stock cars are in the process of getting at the moment. Though the styling at the front end appears to have changed a bit, not heard anyone say that the lights themselves have been improved.

As to a MK2 I30N (IE. complete new car) I suspect we are a good couple (probably three I would suspect) years away from that, going by the fact that the mid-life facelift appears to have occurred at around the three year mark.

this may be rather nit picky but one thing that irritates me which i havent gotten used to yet it the stop/start push engine button. it's on the 'wrong' side and in such a weird spot??? in Aus every other car i've ever driven has the key or button on the right but on the i30n it's on the left and also awkwardly placed

• Love
Reactions: Kobrah
Also find the high beam assist on the I30N works pretty well, it was a disaster on the Focus, it kept dipping the lights every time you can upon a road sign (reflected light seemed to confuse the system).

I guess there are some different opinions on that.
I for instance find the high beam assist complete rubbish: it activates to slow, but what is worse is that it deactivates way to late. When I used it people were constantly flashing their lights.
I don't use it anymore because it stressed me out...

This may be rather nit picky but one thing that irritates me which i havent gotten used to yet it the stop/start push engine button. it's on the 'wrong' side and in such a weird spot??? in Aus every other car i've ever driven has the key or button on the right but on the i30n it's on the left and also awkwardly placed.
Not nit picky. On the RHD it is rather awkward. I often find I am doing up my seatbelt with my left hand and pushing the START button with my right, which would obviously be easier if it was on the right hand side of the steering wheel :)

Reactions: BoyRacerN
Not nit picky. On the RHD it is rather awkward. I often find I am doing up my seatbelt with my left hand and pushing the START button with my right, which would obviously be easier if it was on the right hand side of the steering wheel :)

Don't know if it's a left handed thing but I actually prefer the start button on the left as I find it difficult on all the cars that have it on the right :p

Reactions: loafer-N77
Don't know if it's a left handed thing but I actually prefer the start button on the left as I find it difficult on all the cars that have it on the right :p
The very point I was about to make! As a left handed driver in a R.H.D car I also think learning to drive was easier for gear change and clutch control in all cars.

this may be rather nit picky but one thing that irritates me which i havent gotten used to yet it the stop/start push engine button. it's on the 'wrong' side and in such a weird spot??? in Aus every other car i've ever driven has the key or button on the right but on the i30n it's on the left and also awkwardly placed
I suppose it would be on the right in the majority of countries?

I guess there are some different opinions on that.
I for instance find the high beam assist complete rubbish: it activates to slow, but what is worse is that it deactivates way to late. When I used it people were constantly flashing their lights.
I don't use it anymore because it stressed me out...

Interesting.

I suppose that no automated system can be as intuitive as a human.
IE. you can quite often see a car coming before the system gets a chance to "see" oncoming headlights and dip the lights. I suppose if it was set too sensitive, it would maybe keep dipping the lights for no real reason.

Just wondering if it could be a calibration problem for you (only guessing here). As we get pretty long dark nights up here in Scotland and I don't remember being flashed once. And the main beam seems to switch back on quite quickly. The system also seems pretty good at recognizing a cars rear lights and also dips. The same when coming into an area with street lights.

Still far far better than the system on either of my Focus ST's.

But as you say "I guess there are some different opinions on that".