• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

My clutch foot comes into contact with something when I pivot from footrest to clutch and it annoys me.

The after sales.

Reported a issue with my brakes & have been back to the dealer twice. Both times could feel the issue both times sent away to monitor, being told to keep note of when and how it happens to replicate it. Emailed the manager several times now to be told keep monitoring it. I've since emailed saying i want them to look at it as basically the pads are glazed and need replacing or taking out to show this - no reply no help nothing so yet again I will have to go to hyundai uk to get something done as i've proven its the pads but they are not interested

This morning we had a temperature of -5°C.
On friday i parked the car in the custom mode with the Diff in middle mode.
today in the morning I wnated to go around the first corner and the front inner wheel started scrubbing. Means, the Diff was completly locked and did not let go. After some weaving the Diff opned and I could drive normaly. I must admit, I'm already on my summer tyres.
Was a corious situation, since I know those noises only from Drift cars with a whelded Diff.
Is it normal that the Diff can get "frozen"? Or is the grip of the summer tyres so bad, that they can not overcome the preload (if there is any)?

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
This morning we had a temperature of -5°C.
On friday i parked the car in the custom mode with the Diff in middle mode.
today in the morning I wnated to go around the first corner and the front inner wheel started scrubbing. Means, the Diff was completly locked and did not let go. After some weaving the Diff opned and I could drive normaly. I must admit, I'm already on my summer tyres.
Was a corious situation, since I know those noises only from Drift cars with a whelded Diff.
Is it normal that the Diff can get "frozen"? Or is the grip of the summer tyres so bad, that they can not overcome the preload (if there is any)?

That's completely normal mate, I presume you were turning nearly on full lock?

Indeed. Nearly complete full lock.
But what's the reason for this? The summer tyres in such cold conditions? A "frozen" differential?
Today in the morning with the same temperature the same thing happened. But this time I was in the normal mode. So the diff should act like an open differential.

But what's the reason for this? The summer tyres in such cold conditions?

Basically this ^
PZeros's in low temps combined with agressive geometry combined with front diff. Google "Ackerman Effect.
Since junking the front Pzeros it doesn't do it at all now on mine. It was really, really bad as the Pzeros were down to the limit of tread.

The armrest on the door of the driversside has develloped a "depression" where I always rest my elbow.
Started last summer after about 30000km but then it went away again after some time. Now it has become permanent. Not the best quality of foam I think...
My Subaru 3.0 R Spec B had the same depression in the armrest. We must both have sharp elbows.

Reactions: Tom Vanlimbergen
Indeed. Nearly complete full lock.
But what's the reason for this? The summer tyres in such cold conditions? A "frozen" differential?
Today in the morning with the same temperature the same thing happened. But this time I was in the normal mode. So the diff should act like an open differential.
But it's a LSD, it will never act as an open diff.

It is open when it doesn't need to lock-up (based on the sensors). Weird sentence I know..
The main thing is that it can be locked at any setting; Normal or Sport. The difference is how fast it will ramp up that locking.

I was driving today and twice this warning sign came on and said "check esc", so I turned the car on and off and it went away, has anyone else had this?

I was driving today and twice this warning sign came on and said "check esc", so I turned the car on and off and it went away, has anyone else had this?
Twice now I've had just about every warning light pop up randomly while driving. Turn off car at destination, walk away. Come back later, start her up and business as usual. Simple power off and on reboot - it's IT trouble shooting 101, lol.

Twice now I've had just about every warning light pop up randomly while driving. Turn off car at destination, walk away. Come back later, start her up and business as usual. Simple power off and on reboot - it's IT trouble shooting 101, lol.
yeah i tried that and it worked fine. but then when i was driving shortly after and it happened about 10 times in a row, it came up then i clicked the function to get me back to speed, then i rinse and repeat. i might just bring it up with hyundai on my 1 month service

yeah i tried that and it worked fine. but then when i was driving shortly after and it happened about 10 times in a row, it came up then i clicked the function to get me back to speed, then i rinse and repeat. i might just bring it up with hyundai on my 1 month service
Yeah for sure mate - that sort of behaviour demands a trip to the dealer. Go forth and keep us all posted. Good luck man.

You can be lucky not to be forced t oshut the esc off everytime you start the car :D it's not a bug, it's a feature!! ^^

I hate that the slot for the phone is too small to fit my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 when the USB is plugged in..