• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Showeringpope

Sep 2, 2022
Uk
I have been considering moving up in vehicle size from my i20N for a little while now. I have considered Audi s3, 330i, R’s but when I look at the overall cost of ownership I don’t see it as a viable option, so I always come back to the i30N. The only thing i30N lacks is the 4 wheel drive system and interior quality - these are things I can live without.

Currently there is not an immediate need for me to increase vehicle size, however, we are looking to try for a family shortly.

I have loved my i20N which I have had for 18 months. Ok, the ride can be slightly harsh and it’s not particularly quiet on the motorway but as a daily driver for the trips I do (8 mile round trip to and from work) it has been the perfect car. I have covered 10,500 miles in it.

I currently pay £260 pcm on my pcp deal. I saw a PFL (69 plate) with a local Hyundai dealer for and was quoted £330pcm. I am aware petrol and insurance costs will rise if I opt to go for the i30N.

Has anyone else moved from an i20N to i30N (or vice versa)? Was it worth it? What made you change? Any regrets?

performance is very similar when considering the power to weight ratio,the only difference is the i30n is awful on MPG,plus is the adaptive damping

Last edited:
Reactions: Showeringpope
Dampening on the i30n is excellent makes a big difference in normal mode.
Fuel consumption Is truly terrible.

Probably should clarify,if you’re doing a good combination driving including motorways then the i30n will claw back some MPG on a good run,but if like me you practically don’t do any motorway miles,just stop start city driving,the i30n will be lucky to get into the 20s,vs 30 in the i20n

Probably should clarify,if you’re doing a good combination driving including motorways then the i30n will claw back some MPG on a good run,but if like me you practically don’t do any motorway miles,just stop start city driving,the i30n will be lucky to get into the 20s,vs 30 in the i20n
Maybe you have a bit of a heavy foot? Lol! 90% of my driving has been town and im getting 36.5 mpg average and constantly in N mode

A sensible average MPG for the i30N is 27, this is what mine averages out at doing around 8,000 miles a year, mostly commuting and probably heavy right foot 1/3rd of the time! A couple of longer trips can pull it up to 34mpg if you are sensible, but why would you be with these cars!

I had the same thought last year, so I changed the i20N for an i30N full spec ... Fortunately, we kept the i20N in the family for my son in Greece.

i20N a better car ... I may say. Not that i30N is a bad car, on the contrary ... but i20N a true driver's car

Reactions: YNWaN