• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

I'm seeding the latest software at the moment. There is a magnet link and a GDrive link at the bottom of the OP post
Thanks for the reply.

The software in post 223 is different to the one in the OP, i have the one in the OP and that's v112 191207, but the version in 223 is v112 200730. I have the software from both, just missing the maps from post 223, not sure if the maps are cross compatible... don't really want to take that risk!

Thanks for the reply.

The software in post 223 is different to the one in the OP, i have the one in the OP and that's v112 191207, but the version in 223 is v112 200730. I have the software from both, just missing the maps from post 223, not sure if the maps are cross compatible... don't really want to take that risk!
You must have the naps as well to match the software otherwise the naps won'i load.

Just a heads up people there's a much easier way to update the software and maps now.
Here's a quick guide

- Head to update.hyundai.com from there you can download Navigation Updater
- Take the SD card from your N and slap it in a SD Card Reader
- Open the Navigation updater software select the i30n from the list
- The program will download the newest software and maps for your N
- The update will be copied to the SD Card
- Take out the SD Card and put in back into your N
- Put car into Accessories mode
- Head to settings and click on software info and press update
- The unit will detect the updated software on the SD Card
- Confirm you want to update
- Grab a beer and wait for the update to apply

I own a Veloster N '19 and I recently updated my navigation system with a file from Hyundai that is from November 2020, later then I continue reading found the program from Hyundai the Navigation Updater. Later that I installed it in my PC and started it I see another update but for the Veloster N 2021. My question is could I use that update in my 2019?

Cheers @BraT81
Can confirm this works for Australian cars, updated it this morning without fault.
Long overdue, last software/firmware update for my head unit was May 2018.....
Fantastic, got me a job for the weekend.

Mine hasn't been updated since 2018 either despite asking the dealer to do it in 2019 and 2020 when it was in for service. When I made a firm point of it to the service advisor last time they told me in a stern voice that they will only do it if map updates are available. Said I didn't care about navigation (there's only one way in and out of Darwin and you just can't get lost here), just wanted the software/firmware updates. "What are you talking about?" they asked. "Just write it in the customer comments, please" I said. They did. No update and they took paint off my bonnet and wiper arms trying to change wiper blades instead. I hate Darwin Motor Group.

Reactions: ClarkyAU
Just a heads up people there's a much easier way to update the software and maps now.
Here's a quick guide

- Head to update.hyundai.com from there you can download Navigation Updater
- Take the SD card from your N and slap it in a SD Card Reader
- Open the Navigation updater software select the i30n from the list
- The program will download the newest software and maps for your N
- The update will be copied to the SD Card
- Take out the SD Card and put in back into your N
- Put car into Accessories mode
- Head to settings and click on software info and press update
- The unit will detect the updated software on the SD Card
- Confirm you want to update
- Grab a beer and wait for the update to apply
Thanks for the info @BraT81

I did the update today, and it went smoothly.

Rather than having the car in Accessories mode, I had the engine running (as per instructions on the webpage). It took about 15 minutes. I was a bit worried when copying the new data to the SD card, because the card gets formatted, so the old maps and software get wiped. I thought if something goes wrong with the update, I'll be left with a blank SD card. But no need to worry. Erasing the old version also answered my question; what happens when the SD card gets full? Manually erase it, I guess.

I found some new features with the update.

You can now have your speed displayed on the map, if you tick the box.

There is a choice of 3 colours for the map, and a choice of normal or large font.

They have added "Sounds of Nature" to the menu. You can have the sound of a forest or waves etc. Probably only useful if you are in Eco mode.

Maybe some of you already have these features, but they're new to me, coming from an April 2019 version of software. This means my software/maps hadn't been updated since the car was built, even though the dealer told me an update was done at the last service. It's good to know that I can now do an update myself when a newer version comes out. No more having to rely on the dealer.

The New Veloster N has the same screen format as our i30N but with a new looking interface, looks much more modern fonts etc. Is there a way of putting that firmware on our Head units?