• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Haven’t driven manual before

Davo01

No that’s normal - it’s what a clutch does: let it out friction on the plates occurs and you move, the further out the pedal, the more friction. Eventually it’s fully out and the plates are maximally connected. Prior to that point it’s called “slipping the clutch”.

The antistall is that it automatically increases the revs a bit. I’d rather do that part myself :)

BoyRacerN

No that’s normal - it’s what a clutch does: let it out friction on the plates occurs and you move, the further out the pedal, the more friction. Eventually it’s fully out and the plates are maximally connected. Prior to that point it’s called “slipping the clutch”.

The antistall is that it automatically increases the revs a bit. I’d rather do that part myself :)
Ahhh right, i didn't know that. Anti stall or not I stalled a bucket load!!

silverex

I didn't know about the anti-stall feature, so thanks for pointing this out.

I stalled the demo car as we were exiting the showroom parking lot on my test drive! And I've been driving manuals since before a lot of you guys were born.

In my first week of ownership I think I stalled about 5-6 times and it still happens occasionally now, after nearly 4 months.