• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Exhaust- / Sound Discussion

1616176206891.png
yo, sorry if wrong thread. noticed a drip when pulling into the garage, noticed the black sooty spot on the left exhaust pipe. Couldn't feel any holes/damage or anything, but definitely watery/condensation drip from there, after parking. Gonna go clean it up tomorrow for a better look, anyone had similar? MY19

I have a SXTH element Downpipe and an AFE mid and axel back exhaust. would anyone want me to make some sound clips?
hell yeah, get to work! haha im actually leaning towards getting it pretty soon so i'd f'in love that. pretty positive i wont be messing with the exhaust tho, sounds purdy damn good already so i cant justify the $$ lookin 4ward to the sounds :D also, i've noticed something about the N. For some reason i don't too care for the sound in videos, but man i love it in person. Am i the only 1? =/

View attachment 16498
yo, sorry if wrong thread. noticed a drip when pulling into the garage, noticed the black sooty spot on the left exhaust pipe. Couldn't feel any holes/damage or anything, but definitely watery/condensation drip from there, after parking. Gonna go clean it up tomorrow for a better look, anyone had similar? MY19
We've run into this before. Check where the darkened spot is on the tailpipe you've pictured. There is a very small pin hole which is suppose to be there to relieve exhaust condensation.

Hi all. I'm currently in the market to buy an i30N. I'm based in South-Africa, so I'm not quite sure exactly which variant of the i30N I'm getting (All I know is it is a 2020 model and has no AEB, manual) When I test drove the car, it made no pops and bangs, it did rumble on throttle release. I'm wondering if it is just because the car has only 50kms on the clock (I read that the exhaust gets louder with more kms on the clock) Can anyone who had a similar issue confirm whether this is the case?

What mode were you in? What were you doing to try and initiate pops and bangs? When you get your own car, run it in.

I was in N mode and N-custom, I set the exhaust to its most aggressive setting, the engine response as well, with only the suspension in normal. I tried to initiate it by flooring it in 1st (no wheelspin, I did it gradually enough) and the rapidly releasing the throttle, but it only gurgles. Don't know if they changed the exhaust or something in that model or if it just not run in like you say. (The dealer is pretty useless in answering my questions about the car, they don't know much about it it seems...)

No need to floor it, it's the slowing down that counts. 2nd gear up to 30 mph and back off does it for me. But there is thought to be a potential difference between Cat equipped cars and those later ones with GPFs.

Ok, I'm really very unsure of it all, it still sounds very awesome, but I would like to be able to make some machine gun fire every now and then XD. There is very little information on what changes happen between year models and I only seem to find 2018 models in videos and such

Mine gurgles if I go up to 4000 rpm and release the throttle. It bangs if I go between 5000 and 6000 and release the throttle.

100% every time for bangs for me is to 3rd gear up to 115km/h and lift foot off throttle. I can then tap the throttle lightly another 2-3 times to create even more bangs.

I have a 2019 GPF model with Resonated GPF Delete and Flex pipe. It would still gurgle and pop at those points before I did the mods, it's just louder now, and can happen outside of these windows as well.

I'm seeing a lot of youtube videos of the new I30N DCT with the opf and I have to say it sounds really loud. Can I ask who has it if the videos do it justice? Live is it that loud? I have an A35 AMG which appears to be an electric car in comparison.

Hi, is it true that the valve in mode N or sport+ only opens at 70%? Then you need to buy a remote controll connected to the valve to open it at 100%?

If it is true anyone has a link or something for the upgrade?

Thanks!

I got the DMS control fir the exhaust.

I can put it to 100% closed, even if i stand, or i can put it 100% open, and its open.

Or you can put it to stock, and than the car is stock.

Problem is only with the police.... Maybe.

Thank you

I got the DMS control fir the exhaust.

I can put it to 100% closed, even if i stand, or i can put it 100% open, and its open.

Or you can put it to stock, and than the car is stock.

Problem is only with the police.... Maybe.

Thank you

Have you got link? I found two from german websites but I don't know. With this plug you just open it at 100% in a static way right?.

Hi, is it true that the valve in mode N or sport+ only opens at 70%? Then you need to buy a remote control connected to the valve to open it at 100%?

If it is true anyone has a link or something for the upgrade?
As I understand it (for pre facelift) the valve opens:
Eco/Normal 0%
Sport 50%
N 100%

As the other pipe is always open then Sport mode = ~70% of total capacity, but if you drive in N or N custom then the valve is open 100% of the time anyway. Prepared to be corrected though.