• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Door handle issue

I honestly don’t know what has happened but it started off with just the plastic piece next to the handle coming loose. Now the handle can’t be used from the outside as it’s come completely off!

I’ve managed to piece it all back together, and the door opens fine from the inside/locks ok etc.

But it’s been like that for a couple of weeks and I had just been avoiding using the handle, until I was giving the car a vacuum today and totally forget - full handle off again in my hand!!

I know I need to phone Hyundai, local service centre is nearby. Maybe if I stress that the situation is worse than it it, they’ll get it fixed asap. My guess - 4-6 weeks for an appointment, then the same again for the part(s).

Have no idea how this happened btw!!
It’s a common problem with them, I’d just drop into the dealer like @Kev_G said. I’m bloody terrified of pulling the handles off!!

Reactions: Crocoman