• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Where best up here Paul for a Dyno run?

I'd go to Ecotune in Hillington personally but I have a relationship with them so I may be biased.

I had a run booked for Monday but something has come up and I had to cancel.
 
Biased or not, I take it you rate them highly?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what she makes stock.
 
Biased or not, I take it you rate them highly?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what she makes stock.

They’ve remapped both of my previous Fiesta ST’s and I’ve never had an issue. They make you feel welcome in their premises and explain everything that is happening with the car and why. Great customer service and great staff!

And no, I don’t work for them! Haha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rival Son
I just like I can take it off, plus resale value or if I get a new car, just get it reprogrammed, saying that if there was some kind of ford-mountune partnership with Hyundai and a tuner where it is all warrantied, I’d get that in a heart beat

Yes that would be ideal . But it's not going to happen anytime soon.
DTUK units are supplied and programed by DTE in Germany by all accounts one of the best. The program for this car was developed using a dyno and all parameters set and test run for over 1000kms so should be able to cope well. As i don't push my car to stratosphere every time i use it I am happy to give it a try.
I have never paid less than £400 for a re-map so this is in the same ball park....so i have no issues cost wise
Like you say each to there own.. and on your own shoulders.
 
Guys i hate to be spoil sport but let some dyno prove one these box's, My skyline and Subaru were all old school maps and dyno proven with print outs.
That tunning box that's been mentioned on KIA GT was put on the dyno and made 211HP from the factory 201hp and added approx 30LbFt now you can argue with fact.
Users of the box will say that felt extra power well of course 30LbFt will be felt over stock but it no where near there 245hp/326NM BS claim.

I'm not trying to start a fight im asking people to think before parting with £400 im a huge petrol head and as skyline owner i parted with a lot cash on snakeskin oils, lets hope we can get on the dyno and see good for the i30N :)
 
Guys i hate to be spoil sport but let some dyno prove one these box's, My skyline and Subaru were all old school maps and dyno proven with print outs.
That tunning box that's been mentioned on KIA GT was put on the dyno and made 211HP from the factory 201hp and added approx 30LbFt now you can argue with fact.
Users of the box will say that felt extra power well of course 30LbFt will be felt over stock but it no where near there 245hp/326NM BS claim.

I'm not trying to start a fight im asking people to think before parting with £400 im a huge petrol head and as skyline owner i parted with a lot cash on snakeskin oils, lets hope we can get on the dyno and see good for the i30N :)
It certainly feels the difference but like you said, unless it’s proven.....maybe I’ll get mine on the rollers
 
Ha, ha. This topic deserves a thread (maybe even an entire section) on its own!!

I’ll say this - I know the difference between a placebo and the real thing. My 30-50 and 30-70mph times were quicker with the particular tuning boxes that I’ve used.

The gains weren’t ridiculously overstated either. The maximum you were getting out of that 1.6 Gamma engine was around 235bhp and around 320nM of torque.

Anyway, you pay your money and you make your choice. I think we’re all big enough to make what we all consider are informed decisions when it comes to our pride and joy;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
The other thing these boxes can do is sharpen throttle response which in turn “makes” the car feel quicker!
 
Ha, ha. This topic deserves a thread (maybe even an entire section) on its own!!

I’ll say this - I know the difference between a placebo and the real thing. My 30-50 and 30-70mph times were quicker with the particular tuning boxes that I’ve used.

The gains weren’t ridiculously overstated either. The maximum you were getting out of that 1.6 Gamma engine was around 235bhp and around 320nM of torque.

Anyway, you pay your money and you make your choice. I think we’re all big enough to make what we all consider are informed decisions when it comes to our pride and joy;)
my poor project page!!!
 
Ha, ha. This topic deserves a thread (maybe even an entire section) on its own!!

I’ll say this - I know the difference between a placebo and the real thing. My 30-50 and 30-70mph times were quicker with the particular tuning boxes that I’ve used.
joy;)

its not placebo, no one has mentioned that i dont think. I dont know your experience in tunning so forgive me if i sounded condescending it not meant to. Your felling the peak torque in those pulls your not feeling the 10hp extra to so speak. can' find a single independent dyno run to support these boxes but plenty to disprove them.

Dan sorry I'll not post on you thread anymore mods can clean it and make us a new thread maybe so we chat if people want to?
 
Haha I have no problem at all, was just playing up to it, it makes it all an interesting read if I’m honest, I’ve decided to put my car on the rollers so will do a pre box and post box run, will get it booked in tomorrow (not for tomorrow) so we can all have a nice idea of what these things can or can’t do :D
 
Really hope you get good results on these boxes. Will be good to see if makes good power now and maybe 3, 4, 5 years down the line before people's pcp ends
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Yes me to .. I'm sure it will be favourable.. .Anywhere near the quoted output figures will be fine. Itching to get mine on now... Must resist.... I must resist :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
588mls not that I'm counting .. I'm looking at 10000mls to get a feel of the full standard performance and then fitting my "box".
I havn't exceeded 3500rpm yet in any gear so will start to explore the full potential now and change the oil and filter same time as fitting the "box"
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crocoman
588mls not that I'm counting .. I'm looking at 10000mls to get a feel of the full standard performance and then fitting my "box".
I havn't exceeded 3500rpm yet in any gear so will start to explore the full potential now and change the oil and filter same time as fitting the "box"

You are a patient man! I must admit, I certainly went above 4000rpm before I hit 600 miles but certainly nowhere near the redline. I’m at 1100 miles now and you can feel the car a bit looser.

Please get out there now and do some pops and bangs! You can get a 1st Gear one around 4500rpm I think;)

Yeah, this 1000 mile oil and filter change is interesting....read about it elsewhere...
 
  • Like
Reactions: KevinM
You are a patient man! I must admit, I certainly went above 4000rpm before I hit 600 miles but certainly nowhere near the redline. I’m at 1100 miles now and you can feel the car a bit looser.

Please get out there now and do some pops and bangs! You can get a 1st Gear one around 4500rpm I think;)

Yeah, this 1000 mile oil and filter change is interesting....read about it elsewhere...
Yeah I popped into my local Hyundai dealership earlier where our very own Daniel hall works as I had the camera software updated, not sure on this 1000 mile oil change. I can imagine it certainly doesn’t hurt! But unsure if it’s really needed?