• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

DTUK do appear to be a very good company from what I've been reading .. Crocoman has used there "boxes" on a Kia with excellent and very reliable results.
Ive only ever had re-maps in the past... Albeit from well proven remap company's on well proven cars.
This being a new and "unknow" engine and transmision.. with regard to power increases.. I'm thinking that the box is the way to go in this instance.
I will ring them tomorrow and see what extra information i can get over and above the website sales description page .. If I'm happy and confident with that ...i will certainly be interested in giving one a go.
 
I’ve bought it to enjoy my car more, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t sell it if it was unsafe etc etc I could go on forever. If your interested just buy one. I’m not a guinea pig
I wasn’t asking for you to be a guinea pig, I’m genuinely interested but would like to know how the car real world use with it being a relitively unknown engine so to speak
 
I’m all for whatever method is safe and reliable to be honest.

As I said before, initially I ran a box from Racechip. Think it was £399. Adjustable ‘maps’ but that required the box itself to be opened up. Not a big problem in itself but worth noting. However, what I noticed with this box was the throttle occasionally ‘sticking’ - hard to explain, but something just wasn’t quite right.

Anyway, almost a year later, Racechip offered a full refund as they were having some issues with the ‘Gamma’ engine in the Ceed GT that they obviously weren’t happy with. You can’t argue with that and great online tech support.

Went with TDI Tuning after that and their multi channel box ran flawlessly for nearly 2 years. Maps could be changed via buttons on the box and similar price.

Can I just say that I use my wife as a barometer if you like, for these types of upgrades. She’s not easily impressed and will not just say something is good if it isn’t! Anyway, she HATED it anytime I would remove the box for servicing or warranty work as the stock car just felt so sluggish.

Sorry for the big post - admin feel free to move this to one of the technical sections isn’t you want....

Finally, it’s worth noting that the big player in the Tuning Boxes seems to be DTE Systems whom are based in Germany. DT-UK and others are official distributors for them. They have dyno’s and offer warranties etc.

Hope this information helps anyone and I’m happy to answer any questions about the boxes that I’ve had etc.
 
Unlike most on here by what I'm reading .. 0-60 times are of no real interest to me and to be honest i will never use the launch control system.
However mid-range torque is and has always been my reason for re-mapping.. as for me.. this is a much more useful use of a power increase.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ellroy and Crocoman
Unlike most on here by what I'm reading .. 0-60 times are of no real interest to me and to be honest i will never use the launch control system.
However mid-range torque is and has always been my reason for re-mapping.. as for me.. this is a much more useful use of a power increase.

Absolutely. You give this car an extra 20-30bhp and 50nM of torque and it’s not going to do much else in 1st and 2nd Gear, other than rip through your front tyres!

But it’s that extra energy the car will have higher up (not that it necessarily needs it, but we’re greedy aren’t we?!).

Tuning boxes are very popular for people that have caravans for towing etc due to that extra torque.
 
Well i took the plunge today...After a long chat with Luke at DTUK i felt confident enough to purchase one of there boxes along with the app. What swung it for me is that it can be totally immobilised if required without actually removing it from the car.
Should be here tomorrow...but of course won`t be fitting it until i`ve completed the run-in period plus a little more.. so as to experience the cars full potential in standard form first.
I got a decent deal.. of a little discount... plus free delivery ..so rude not to.
I`m probably one of the more laid back drivers on here and very rarely exploit a cars true potential...but its nice to have it on tap if required.
Hopefully i will be pleased with it both in performance gains and reliability.
Like i said its a chance you take....but from previous experiences with re-maps (albeit a box this time) i have no complaints...but time will tell of course.
 
Don't be... When i first looked on there website they had a £10 reduction for March even though it was April when i looked. This had been removed this morning so you probably got that which i didn't.
I said i would give it some more thought and probably get back to him later today They then gave me an incentive for purchasing today of the £10 back plus free delivery.
He said a guy called Dan had purchased one and was so far pleased with it... So I'm assuming that was you. So we probably paid much the same :cool::)
.
 
Cheeky feckers didn’t let me have that £10 :rolleyes: either way I’m happy with it and promise you will be too, I am doing a tank of fuel set in eco and currently averaging 38mpg in eco mode and economy map setting so if I wanted to be really boring...it would pay for itself....eventually
 
Mine was 460

Just picked my jaw up off the floor....

I'll wait for a remap and have some change and peace of mind as its been run up on a dyno and checked...
 
I just like I can take it off, plus resale value or if I get a new car, just get it reprogrammed, saying that if there was some kind of ford-mountune partnership with Hyundai and a tuner where it is all warrantied, I’d get that in a heart beat

You going to get it on the dyno to see what she makes?
 
Tbh I have no intention of it, although regal motorsport are a couple of miles away, I have no idea on cost of a few runs but if it’s cheap enough I may do.

Usually around £60 for a few runs.

For the peace of mind of knowing its fueling correctly and not pulling timing all over the place surely that's worth it!