• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Cheers mate, sounds like it's pretty easy so I'll do some investigating. Thanks for answering my newbie questions!
 
Gloss black grill badge wrapped

2a9y5he.jpg


Wonky photo but you can see how it looks

2jaeo86.jpg
Hi Dan,

Some very nice and tasteful mods there, the Oil I promised you that you can have as a top up will arrive Wednesday this week so feel free to pop a grab it and grab a Larte from our cafe! While your at it ;-)

Dan
 
Hi Dan,

Some very nice and tasteful mods there, the Oil I promised you that you can have as a top up will arrive Wednesday this week so feel free to pop a grab it and grab a Larte from our cafe! While your at it ;-)

Dan
Thank you dan! I’ll pop in for sure and definitely make use of the cafe :D
 
Today was a good day

Started with a wash
xkrpmh.jpg

5otx5w.jpg


Then the new plates went on
mrcr49.jpg

mvrds7.jpg


While all this was going on...mr postman made a visit and delivered this...
264468i.jpg


Fitted
24e8d1e.jpg


With claimed figures of 313bhp and 423nm, I can believe it, as it’s given the car a great big kick up the arse!!! It’s absolutely rapid now.
The smartphone app is great too as you can change to an eco map and get better fuel economy if you’re on a long run although I’ve just left it on “sport” for maximum power.
Looking forward to doing a 0-60 run with launch some time soon
 
Looks a nice tidy and neat installation....Does it interfere with the normal Custom settings on the car...or just blend in seamlessly to whats already programmed producing the extra power and torque!!
 
Hi do you know if thr Dtuk box afects the warranty on the car ?. Like the sound of it might be interested in getting one how easy was it to install and set up .and how are you getting on with it?
 
Hi do you know if thr Dtuk box afects the warranty on the car ?.

Badly i would suggest... if damage to your engine occurs ....its a chance you take with any box or remap not endorsed by Hyundai
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You SHOULD inform your insurance company of any modifications made to your car,,,,especially regarding performance upgrades..
Once again that`s a chance you take if you don`t.... Bear in mind that insurance companies do not like paying out claims and will look for any excuse not to...I highly recommend that you do...which most definitely will result in a higher premium to be paid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MarkMark and Howy
the Box seamlessly integrates

Warranty, sure it’ll effect it, just take ot off, like it was never on there and they’ll never know. I’ve not had any problems on previous cars.

Insurance, sure your right, illegally spaced plate, de badged, sticker in the window, all similar reasons not to pay as not declared, like you said....any reason not to pay. All with a pinch of salt
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nabster323
I don`t know for sure...but have read that on newer vehicle CPU`s, it is highly possible that there will be a log installed showing if the parameters set by the manufacturers ( Boost pressure/fuel supply/rpm etc. )has been exceeded in which case they would know.....It wouldn`t put me off.. if like you... a reputable well programmed and tested box was installed....but would still look at it .......As a chance you take.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nabster323
I don`t know for sure...but have read that on newer vehicle CPU`s, it is highly possible that there will be a log installed showing if the parameters set by the manufacturers ( Boost pressure/fuel supply/rpm etc. )has been exceeded in which case they would know.....It wouldn`t put me off.. if like you... a reputable well programmed and tested box was installed....but would still look at it .......As a chance you take.
Good point didn’t think of that really, either way I’ll take it on the chin, it’s far to much fun blasting out of roundabouts with over 300bhp running through that e diff
 
I don`t know for sure...but have read that on newer vehicle CPU`s, it is highly possible that there will be a log installed showing if the parameters set by the manufacturers ( Boost pressure/fuel supply/rpm etc. )has been exceeded in which case they would know.....It wouldn`t put me off.. if like you... a reputable well programmed and tested box was installed....but would still look at it .......As a chance you take.

I ran the same box on my Kia Pro Ceed GT for around 2 years. Had a couple of warranty claims in that time plus usual servicing.

Car has now been returned and final invoice received with no issues.

But it certainly is the chance you take.

None of us on here are Hyundai engineers so we don’t actually know what they have access to during a diagnostic or whatever.
 
Under normal servicing and non engine warranty issues... I can see no need for it to be an issue. . However if it was an engine problem.. .It could become a major issue.
The big advantage of the box over a remap to the CPU is that it can at least be physically removed with minimum hassle to at least look as normal ... Not so with a remap.. Would necessitate a visit back to the re-map centre to reinstate the original software .. At the very least a lot of hassle and expense .. Assuming you can get it there at all of course.
 
Good point didn’t think of that really, either way I’ll take it on the chin, it’s far to much fun blasting out of roundabouts with over 300bhp running through that e diff
What on car Turbo boost pressure are you seeing now as compared to before on high torque exceleration..!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nabster323
Very interested to see how this box performs in the real world. It’s a turbo charged engine so can gain power quite easily but it a little concerned if they have done any actual testing to make sure the engine is being fueled properly with this fitted.
Get it on a dyno with a real time gas analiser and upload the results. If it’s good I’ll fit one too.
 
Very interested to see how this box performs in the real world. It’s a turbo charged engine so can gain power quite easily but it a little concerned if they have done any actual testing to make sure the engine is being fueled properly with this fitted.
Get it on a dyno with a real time gas analiser and upload the results. If it’s good I’ll fit one too.
I’ve bought it to enjoy my car more, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t sell it if it was unsafe etc etc I could go on forever. If your interested just buy one. I’m not a guinea pig
 
  • Like
Reactions: padigree