• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dan_bush27’s FL DCT N Performance thread

I've never had ppf done before but thinking about it for my i20n (when it arrives). Stupid question but can you see it when it's on? I'm just a little concerned you may see 5hitty plastic wrapped over your bonnet? Can you recommend it being done?
shall message you save clogging dans thread up.

Dan - Godspeed make some bloody good products

Reactions: NTastic!
A day at Cooksport Performance yesterday to have a full whiteline overhaul, eibach springs fitted and fast road geo set up. It’s literally ridiculous the amount of grip the car has now. Minimal body roll and so much lateral grip, minimal axle tramping or wheel spin too. It just grips and takes off F454CE32-FF19-4263-A39F-F6BDE9E0AA7E.jpeg520BD023-422E-4FAA-98D3-25C66B62807B.jpeg9D6EC7A5-D1BA-4792-8D5C-15C756293983.jpeg53D6078E-3E39-40AC-B566-07A7C9A92008.jpeg7D58CC64-A339-4E03-994A-53F68EA2665E.jpegC79CE84B-8416-40CF-86EC-F972D3FB3134.jpeg

Where’s the upper rear control arms?😃👍🇺🇸
Hey buddy! It’s something I didn’t even look into, in wasn't goo sure on the benefits of them. I knew I should have asked you after I read your build thread and saw you had them too 🤦🏽‍♂️ I really hope you and family are well

Hey buddy! It’s something I didn’t even look into, in wasn't goo sure on the benefits of them. I knew I should have asked you after I read your build thread and saw you had them too 🤦🏽‍♂️ I really hope you and family are well
Dan we are doing well and I hope the same for yours as well.

The short of it; more camber.

The long description; allow for increased range of camber adjustment. They utilize low compliance bushings to minimise NVH and maximise longevity. More stability, strength and less flex.

They complete the rear end package the stamped steal OEM units don’t provide any adjustment and are flat, which can cause some twisting and loss of rigidity under high loads.

Anyway not a mandatory requirement but we’ll worth the money.🙂👍🇺🇸

Last edited:
Your passion and enthusiasm is infectious Dan. I must admit to being a bit 'closed' to the new DCT model in the past. I didn't voice any major opinions or try and rain on anyone's parade, but I was more than happy with my 2019 I30N with the manual transmission. In many ways, I still am more than satisfied with the car and I genuinely love going out in any kind of journey with it.

But over the past few weeks, the DCT car has grown on me. I never realised the turbo was different and better now for some more power straight out the box. The transmission itself appears to be being mentioned in the same breath as Porsche (not saying it's as good btw) but seems to be a truly lovely addition. Added to that the multimedia improvements and the seats and wheels, and I'm now sold.

I just need to go and buy one now. Oh, and the small matter of convincing my wife that we need a new car....

It's threads like these that are invaluable to the I30N community. Real owners doing real things. And loving it! I've always admired the A45 AMG from afar, but did consistently have that niggle that the power and speed would translate to just a 'too easy' driving experience, if that makes sense. Plus, I can't afford one......ha ha.

Anyway, good to have you back Dan and it goes without saying that I've subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Hello my international N family. I hope you are all keeping very well.

I have just published a new video on YouTube, covering RPM Performance’s new sport cat down pipe, flex pipe and GPF delete.

If you have a spare few, please feel free to check out out 😁

Did you feel any difference with the lower control arm braces?
I got the ones from Tork Motorsport which should be similar to yours, but I did not feel anything noticable.

Hello my international N family. I hope you are all keeping very well.

I have just published a new video on YouTube, covering RPM Performance’s new sport cat down pipe, flex pipe and GPF delete.

If you have a spare few, please feel free to check out out 😁

Love that you’ve kept the rear looking OEM while underneath is just pure 🔥 🔥 🔥
Would it be advised to have these 3 parts fitted even if you weren’t planning on a re-map?
cheers Dan

Love that you’ve kept the rear looking OEM while underneath is just pure 🔥 🔥 🔥
Would it be advised to have these 3 parts fitted even if you weren’t planning on a re-map?
cheers Dan

You can fit them as Dan said. But be aware that the car will run quite a bit richer without a remap. So you may have to visit the gas station a bit more often than not. Mine consumes about 1.5L to 2L on 100km more than before.

Reactions: Mdubz
I think it sounds daft now but its not my car. I have the flexi to fit but thats as far as i am going to go with it. Mad to see the FL has brake ducts saves adding rs3 ones i guess

I think it sounds daft now but its not my car. I have the flexi to fit but thats as far as i am going to go with it. Mad to see the FL has brake ducts saves adding rs3 ones i guess
Why just the Flexi Kev? I do think the car has the perfect balance from stock… can take ya Nan shopping in normal mode but then can also cause a RIOT in N mode and be a bit of a hooligan🚀

Why just the Flexi Kev? I do think the car has the perfect balance from stock… can take ya Nan shopping in normal mode but then can also cause a RIOT in N mode and be a bit of a hooligan🚀
I meant exhaust wise sorry. GPF delete is a worm hole with so may differing views and sports cat well I dont need it. Once my standard exhaust is fubar then i'll get a remus.