• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dan_bush27’s FL DCT N Performance thread

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtu.be
Hello all,

It’s great to be back again😁. After the blood, sweat, tears, heartache and immense amount of joy I received from my previous I30n, I couldn’t stay away. Having moved to both an N55 M2 from the N then onto an A45 AMG, nothing quite filled the void my I30n left. Which to some on the outside may look crazy, but I just missed the engagement and fun my N gave me.

I ordered my new 21 I30N performance DCT with N light seats in shadow grey in early August and was told to expect a mid November delivery, although I had a call from my sales manager (James at Luton Perry’s who I must say has really really looked after me, anybody who wants his details shoot me a pm) saying that it’s likely to be at the end of September.

I figured that I had better get ordering some bits in time for its arrival.

What I have received/ordered so far:
  • Black badges (of corse)
  • LED reverse and indicator
  • N side skirt logos
  • Carbon N mode button covers
  • Motec Ultralights
  • Eibach springs
  • Team dynamics 1.3 track day wheels (from @loafer-N77)
  • Deadweight industries lithium lightweight battery
  • Side sticker (redesigned as my previous one….well let’s just say it was rather popular and ended up on quite a few I30n’s around the world 😅
1BF5099A-0A5A-4358-8CF3-21C7B34C0BF9.jpeg
05543632-7C46-4461-8C1E-7CE3D933E623.jpeg960DA4A0-8497-4605-923E-70DEFE03E9BD.jpeg

There are other things in the pipeline already, but just waiting on clarification on fitment etc.

The car, as my old one did, will go to Forge Motorsport for development to see what parts are carry over, what needs modifying, re designing or just a whole brand new creation for the FL DCT model.

The car will also visit Courtenay sport when they have availability to get their hands on tuning it, which im very excited about with reports of what’s coming over from Germany from just an ecu remap.

I am really, REALLY looking forward to this journey and sharing it all along the way as I did with my previous thread 😁

One last thing, I’ll be selling the complete FL I30n forged wheel and tyre package from my new car. They will be removed straight after I arrive home from the dealer, pictured and put up for sale.

Last edited:

d4nei30n

Nthusiast
Oct 13, 2020
North
Hello all,

It’s great to be back again😁. After the blood, sweat, tears, heartache and immense amount of joy I received from my previous I30n, I couldn’t stay away. Having moved to both an N55 M2 from the N then onto an A45 AMG, nothing quite filled the void my I30n left. Which to some on the outside may look crazy, but I just missed the engagement and fun my N gave me.

I ordered my new 21 I30N performance DCT with N light seats in shadow grey in early August and was told to expect a mid November delivery, although I had a call from my sales manager (James at Luton Perry’s who I must say has really really looked after me, anybody who wants his details shoot me a pm) saying that it’s likely to be at the end of September.

• N side skirt logos
  • Motec Ultralights
  • Eibach springs
  • Side sticker (redesigned as my previous one….well let’s just say it was rather popular and ended up on quite a few I30n’s around the world 😅
View attachment 18098
View attachment 18100View attachment 18101

There are other things in the pipeline already, but just waiting on clarification on fitment etc.

The car, as my old one did, will go to Forge Motorsport for development to see what parts are carry over, what needs modifying, re designing or just a whole brand new creation for the FL DCT model.

The car will also visit Courtenay sport when they have availability to get their hands on tuning it, which im very excited about with reports of what’s coming over from Germany from just an ecu remap.

I am really, REALLY looking forward to this journey and sharing it all along the way as I did with my previous thread 😁

One last thing, I’ll be selling the complete FL I30n forged wheel and tyre package from my new car. They will be removed straight after I arrive home from the dealer, pictured and put up for sale.
Do you mind me asking where you brought the black H covers from and the black badges? I was about to buy the proper Black H’s and remove the bumper etc but don’t know whether to go for covers now to save hassle.

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtu.be
After hearing back from Whiteline, they confirmed that their line is a carry over to the FL 😁. I was so so impressed with my anti roll bars and anti lift kit on my previous N, I just ordered the same for the FL, along with their new bump steer correction kit which has been released since I sold my N.
EDE1B32C-8188-4EF1-98FA-7BC3F08F520C.jpeg

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtu.be
Just taken delivery of my Deadweight industries Tonge 500 lightweight battery. It weighs only 3.8kg! A total of 16kg saving over the stock battery 😲 Absolutely perfect to reduce some of that weight over the front axle added from the DCT box. The best lb for £ saving around without just removing parts

82DAC2BA-15C9-41DF-9A5F-C2A519384D54.jpegF6CBE261-7A68-47BD-98D5-4A7AD1717984.jpeg81D16A32-7D9B-4567-8C12-5F41AF384342.jpeg

Last edited:

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtu.be
I’ve been rather quiet here, only unfortunately due my car delivery being pushed back and back. But the pile of mods waiting to be fitted to the car is huge, and growing week after week.

I’ve had a few messages over the past couple of months suggesting a I start/build a YouTube channel of my car. Covering things like how I find the difference between pre fl and fl, what I like/dislike about the car, what modifications I have made and want to make coving what my favourites are too.

Is this something anybody would invest their time into watching? Obviously time is valuable to everybody, including myself. But I think I could have a little fun in building a YouTube channel.

d4nei30n

Nthusiast
Oct 13, 2020
North
I’ve been rather quiet here, only unfortunately due my car delivery being pushed back and back. But the pile of mods waiting to be fitted to the car is huge, and growing week after week.

I’ve had a few messages over the past couple of months suggesting a I start/build a YouTube channel of my car. Covering things like how I find the difference between pre fl and fl, what I like/dislike about the car, what modifications I have made and want to make coving what my favourites are too.

Is this something anybody would invest their time into watching? Obviously time is valuable to everybody, including myself. But I think I could have a little fun in building a YouTube channel.
Would definitely watch any content on the new N! Always looking for new stuff to watch and new ideas 👍🏻

Reactions: loboo and Bu11eT

Endriel

Nthusiast
Apr 16, 2019
Germany
This is totally missing on YT, or I haven't found it yet. So far, these comparisons are only made by people who have not read more than the data sheet, but have never really dealt with the cars. I have traded in my N for the FL and would be happy about exactly such content.

Reactions: loboo

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Comparison can be advantageous for certain transactions not all. For someone wishing to make a choice between previous and current model offerings it can be a plus, especially considering the cost of new vs preowned.

Performance based can be helpful, taking in consideration factory upgrades from previous models. We already know the primary change, is in the turbocharger. But how does it really effect performance from a previous model year owner standpoint?

I‘m not a You Tuber but it can have its advantages I suppose.😃👍🇺🇸

Last edited:

Burger81

Nthusiast
Mar 12, 2020
Bedfordshire

Definitely do this! There isn't enough content on the i30N so this would be well received I'm sure.
I just picked up an i30N Friday just gone (pre facelift) and from watching some YouTube content you and your car were featured in a while back helped me make that decision.

Reactions: loboo

alpiv64

Nthusiast
Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Hello all,

• N side skirt logos
  • Motec Ultralights
  • Eibach springs
View attachment 18098
View attachment 18100View attachment 18101

Good to see you back in a i30N when it arrives . What are your thoughts on the AMG A45 ? is it just to good and not that engaging enough.

alpiv64

Nthusiast
Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Pretty much exactly that. Very fast, too forgiving. Just too easy to drive
Thanks for that you saved me a lot of heartache . the M2 and A45 are two cars I would like to buy but value for money and bang for buck the i30 N is the winner it seems. Hope to get back on the race track in November. Out of the M2 and A45 which would you pick ?

Dan_bush27

Nthusiast
Mar 19, 2018
UK
youtu.be
Thanks for that you saved me a lot of heartache . the M2 and A45 are two cars I would like to buy but value for money and bang for buck the i30 N is the winner it seems. Hope to get back on the race track in November. Out of the M2 and A45 which would you pick ?
If I had to pick between them, it would be the M2. The A45 was totally effortless, which some people may want, but it didn’t suit me

Reactions: alpiv64