• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

CleanSlate's Clean Slate

There is a service action in Germany for the sound generator supposedly..."70CC18" dont know what it entails though...
Good news that the engine seems fine :)

Reactions: CleanSlate
Hi, go into the engine, gearbox & tuning section in this forum and look for my post "rattle from engine"
The car is still at the dealers I expect waiting an replacement engine and also the mechanic stated that the tensioners would not adjust and caused damage to the engine.
New car is behaving well.

On start up and especially when cold. Makes a rattle which seems to go after a little throttle.

Thanks for the heads up HAZO

Ah I see, it's not as bad as I was thinking then. But I have to say that I have lost a bit of confidence in the i30 N in terms of (serious) issue/glitch free, my expectations were probably a bit too high, still waiting for @Bill Thomas to respond to some of the questions that have been asked about the ECU replacements that some dealers are not aware of or have not been done.

Yeah - I'm a realist and expect a few teething issues with such a beast of a hatchthback. Its so different from what the company normally produces so I think it will all come down to how Hyundai handles them as they arise.

Reactions: Bill Thomas
It was in a comment on Garths video on YouTube. Search "i30n engine sound generator" and look through the comments. I think its referenced in a thread on here somewhere too.

Ah I see, it's not as bad as I was thinking then. But I have to say that I have lost a bit of confidence in the i30 N in terms of (serious) issue/glitch free, my expectations were probably a bit too high, still waiting for @Bill Thomas to respond to some of the questions that have been asked about the ECU replacements that some dealers are not aware of or have not been done.

Hi HN,

I haven't picked up those notes yet, sorry. I'll have to go back and check. The two issues I am aware of:

- AEB warning light (warning light comes on if camera is exposed to harsh glare). Fixed with software upgrade to camera function
- Fuelling issue (car goes into limp mode, little/no boost, lumpy idle). Fixed with replacement ECU. As I understand it, these ECU's were replaced at the factory for Australian-build cars, but I will double check

I'll have to do a proper trawl through the European sections and get a better handle on it. Haven't heard about this 'rattle' in the engine, that's a new one on me.

By the way, the cooling fan operation after shut-down is entirely normal. It's a nice sound, too, IMHO. We noticed it straight away on our HMCA cars.

If somebody wants to collate all of the various issues discovered on Aussie-build cars into a single thread, I will get onto the tech guys here and give you an official update re service actions and comms to dealers.

Best to all,

BT

Hi HN,

I haven't picked up those notes yet, sorry. I'll have to go back and check. The two issues I am aware of:

- AEB warning light (warning light comes on if camera is exposed to harsh glare). Fixed with software upgrade to camera function
- Fuelling issue (car goes into limp mode, little/no boost, lumpy idle). Fixed with replacement ECU. As I understand it, these ECU's were replaced at the factory for Australian-build cars, but I will double check

I'll have to do a proper trawl through the European sections and get a better handle on it. Haven't heard about this 'rattle' in the engine, that's a new one on me.

By the way, the cooling fan operation after shut-down is entirely normal. It's a nice sound, too, IMHO. We noticed it straight away on our HMCA cars.

If somebody wants to collate all of the various issues discovered on Aussie-build cars into a single thread, I will get onto the tech guys here and give you an official update re service actions and comms to dealers.

Best to all,

BT
Thanks for being a link between us enthusiast and Hyundai Australia @Bill Thomas

Thanks for being a link between us enthusiast and Hyundai Australia @Bill Thomas
No problem, Hazo, I'll try to drop in here as often as I can: v keen to know about problems especially. You guys need looking after!

No car can ever be perfect, but we should aim to be on top of all issues quickly and effectively. Geoff Fear and Phil Rodgers on here will help as well.

BT

Hi HN,

Best to all,

BT

Thanks @Bill Thomas! I was thinking about starting a post to collect all common problems in the Aussie section too but I think @Hazo_i30n has just done this.

No problem, Hazo, I'll try to drop in here as often as I can: v keen to know about problems especially. You guys need looking after!

No car can ever be perfect, but we should aim to be on top of all issues quickly and effectively. Geoff Fear and Phil Rodgers on here will help as well.

BT

Appreciate your and Hyundai Australia's presence here!!

It's true no car is perfect and I'd be happy as long as there are no serious/major issues and I get good support from the car company to deal with issues.

I would hate to cross off the i30 N from my list, actually Renault Australia has just made it easier for me to keep the i30 N on my list by cutting their warranties for their RS range from 5 to 3 years, so the 2018 Megane RS is off the list!!

Best to all,

BT

I think the cool down process will be very useful for me as I often don't have time to sit and wait for the car to cool down.

I'll let you know about the rattle tomorrow

Reactions: NTRAK