• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

CleanSlate's Clean Slate

Damn that is my keys jingling. I was more referring to what sounds like the valve train turning over but honestly I'm now starting to think I'm hearing things now or more likely they are all perfectly normal noises.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Reactions: asd
Damn that is my keys jingling. I was more referring to what sounds like the valve train turning over but honestly I'm now starting to think I'm hearing things now or more likely they are all perfectly normal noises.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

In the nicest way possible, I think you are tripping...

All sounds normal to me but hard to tell through a video!

Reactions: CleanSlate
Direct injection engines are known to be noisy. Its to do with the high pressure fuel pump/injectors and how they operate. We have a new Mazda 3 that sounds like this. I couldnt really hear anything that sounded out of the ordinary (besides the keys haha) :)
Now get out and enjoy your car!

In the nicest way possible, I think you are tripping...

All sounds normal to me but hard to tell through a video!

Probably am tripping but I'm still wondering what the sound generator is meant to be doing because am not sure I hear that.

I hear something in this video, it sounds like metallic but is that what it is or is that the keys you are holding?

That probably is keys. I'll just roll with it :)

Direct injection engines are known to be noisy. Its to do with the high pressure fuel pump/injectors and how they operate. We have a new Mazda 3 that sounds like this. I couldnt really hear anything that sounded out of the ordinary (besides the keys haha) :)

Good to know. Thanks :D

Probably am tripping but I'm still wondering what the sound generator is meant to be doing because am not sure I hear that.
To provide the inside of the i30 N with a real high-performance experience, a sporty engine sound is produced by the Electronic Sound Generator in the body panel. In the cabin, at the base of the windscreen,an engine sound generator which provides some extra acoustic drama to match the mood of the driver.
It's 'artificial' sound effects when you switch to sportier modes.

Reactions: CleanSlate
It's 'artificial' sound effects when you switch to sportier modes.

That's what I thought. I can hear the exhaust note change but not the engine note.

Edit: is it a noticeable change in noise coming from the dash when switching to sportier modes?

The Sport+ exhaust setting is also opening the valve in the straight through exhaust pipe so allowing a 'real' increase in exhaust volume. That will not have a proportional effect on the engine note. Have you tried driving with the rear windows open to see what comes in from the outside?

I would like to be able to turn off the ESG as it serves no purpose for me.

Reactions: asd
I would like to be able to turn off the ESG as it serves no purpose for me.
That was my thought too, unfortunately no easy way to do this, as the ESG sits on one fuse with the radiator fan ;) (and wiper fluid nozzle heater and seat heater module, but those aren't crucial) ;)

Reactions: speedking
Some photos!

A 49" TV went into it easily... even with the brace bar in. I just put a bag under it to help support it:

6Wu5374l.jpg

jEWri0Jl.jpg

The photos don't really illustrate it but it also got a 35% tint on the side/back windows:

5Svf5ICl.jpg

x0cH7NFl.jpg

flc0az6l.jpg

edit: if you ever want full sizes of my images just right click and open in a new window then delete the last letter before the .jpg

Yeah I have an SR20 turbo in my my Datsun 1600 which has noisy injectors, well known to that motor.