• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Brake Upgrade Discussion (Discs / Pads / ... )

Bleeding Sequence I use for RHD , Left Rear then Right Rear , Left Front finally Right Front or according to workshop book Right Rear , Left Front , Left Rear , Right Front.
Thank you and I appreciate the reply you have no idea how much this will help me a lot.

I asked EBC how long with their floating rotors last they replied by saying their rotors will last a considerably long time in fact years as they make them out of G3500 cast iron and with their Yellow stuff pads they will far outlast any OEM equipment they would not give the amount of years but they stated it would be a rather long time before the rotors or discs would need replacing and I would not need to buy the bell as the new discs will come with new bobbins to attach to the bell so I will save a wee bit of money there come brake disc replacement time the yellow stuff pads are designed to work exclusively with this EBC Callipers and seemingly the brake pads will last for years also this is all without any track use with just spirited hard or otherwise road driving if you are going to th4e race track then obviously they will wear considerably faster.

I do honestly believe this is the braking kit that should have come on the car as standard anyway and this is what I would be looking for as it will set the car off lovely and will make it look like a real race car, I know it might not be to everyone’s taste but who would not want these brakes and discs on their car as it does look amazing, would anyone else consider getting this Big Brake Kit, I just got fitted yesterday the Hyper GT alloy rims and only cost me £40 which I think was an amazing price as it ranged from £56 to £63. With the Hyper GT rims and the BBK it will look what I imagined it should look like as Hyundai did that to the Concept car didn’t, they just a pity they did not do that first time round when they released the I30N. So for the Rims and BBK it will all come in at 3.4K ouch I must be mad in the head the wife has not got a clue either if she knew it would be divorce for sure as she says quite frequently you love that damn car more than me.

What are your thoughts on the BBK is this something you would spend your money on or do you think it would be a total waste of money. Link below.

Its in the ball park of what similar kits cost, even the new Hyuandi kit that on the horizon will be over 1K and probably not as good as the BBK from EBC. I think it will be a fantastic upgrade to the car's current brakes Tar-ox charge £2600 for the same setup which is far more expensive and probabally the same quality ok Tarox have 6 pot whereas the EBC is 4 pot.

Anyway ill be upgrading to this BBK as another well known member on here upgraded to the Forge BBK maybe he gets a special deal who knows I think even Brembo BBK the package will cost over 4K.

I can't see you buying a BBK for less money and it is priced competitively, as EBC is a well respected brand with pedigree in this field.

Suppose it boils dow to whether you the individual think it is a worthwhile upgrade.

Not even close mate, it's just more expensive in Europe period. I can pick up an excellent 4 pot set for $1700-$2300 quite easily. Forge Motorsport. with high hat rotors and excellent quality as well @ $1,820.35 .
Front_Brake_Kit__356mm__80306.jpeg
Front_Brake_Kit__356mm_Hyundai_I30N_34876jpeg.jpg

Front_Brake_Kit__356mm__65489.jpeg

The N-Performance Kit is; $1,520.04 and designed specifically for the VN. :)
productImage_1578254455733.jpg
productImage_1578254455847.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing that can be done in Europe to scrap the 20% vat in the UK that is a fact of life living in the UK or any other European country everything is going to be more expensive than in the USA then you have to figure in 20% VAT on tol of everything. Apart from emigrating to the USA from the UK I really don't see any way of paying less. Its swings and roundabouts, we are only a small island and the USA is a complete continent with a much larger customer base so things are much cheaper as there is a bigger buying audience in the USA also you do not have VAT to pay, but then you do have GST to pay without the vat the brake kit from EBC would cost £1316 in the UK.

Your $1700 dollar converted to pounds sterling is £1377 at todays exchange rate then add 20% = £1652 British pounds.

The BBK that you show from Forge is not street legal here in the UK. The BBK from EBC is street legal as they have all the legal certification and road comfority if you read the small print Forge BBK is recommended for track use only. Unless you do not have the same strict motoring laws as we do here in the UK go ahead as that is a fantastic saving over UK price. Another member on here sold his rotors and upgraded to the Forge BBK I think though he is affiliated with Forge so maybe he receives a heavy discount who knows.

Anyway I wish we had the same pricing structure as the USA as we don't then we get shafted on the RRP. Horses for courses you either pay up or just forget about it. I think the EBC BBK is priced around the ball park that similar kits are selling for here in old Blighty and is not out of orbit as it is priced very competitively as the steel they use for the discs is the hardest they are made out of G3500 heat treated steel which wont warp or crack and they guarantee the discs not to do any of those things. And they wear really slow so will last for years longer than OEM.

I love the look of the EBC BBK performance will be a secondary as I am buying this kit for the look as that is what the brake calipers and discs should look like from the start, not as an aftermarket add on the picture you provide of the Hyuandi caliper why have Hyuandi decided to add that new caliper style now as the brake calipers we have on our i30n's look ugly and standard I want my car to look different and with the hyper gt OZ rims and this BBK it will look fantastic, much better than standard for sure.

I know it is an awful lot money to spend on new front brake callipers and discs, I doubt any other BBK would be any cheaper to buy in the UK.

Last edited:
Nope I don't have to pay VAT or GST when ordering it from UK, Europe, South Korea etc. Just the shipping. :)

The price of what I noted above; is for the BBK's & Forge. BBK's $1700-$2300 Forge; $1,820.35 I won't do the EBC's, in my opinion they're not very good and their pads aren't much better either.:)

No offensive behavior.
Just accept it ,you and I are never going to agree and what do you know about EBC they have been in production for 38 years suppose that is why Porche, Bentley, Rolls Royce & Ferrari use them. Yea I hear you words of expertise, not.FO 2.JPG.

I did a long time ago. I accept the fact, that not everyone is going to agree with what I say but at least I can allow them the latitude. :) 👍

Are you aware, I've been alive much longer than EBC has been in business. 👍

Hostility, because someone doesn't agree with you. 😂 Chillax mate, you're going to have a coronary. I hope you understand personal attacks are not permitted on this forum? Hate for you to lose the privilege.
Might behove you to read them again and stay familiar just as a friendly reminder.:)

Last edited:
BBK Big Brake FRONT 6P MONOBLOC 380 × 34 Slot Rotor for VELOSTER N $1,799.99 which will also fit the i30N.
s-l1600.jpg

*Extended pad applied
*Various pad compatibility - The wide pad compatibility makes it easy to replace the brake pads
*Extending piston - Ensure the best braking force
*Powerful, smooth and instant response
*6P MONOBLOCK BRAKE SYSTEM - Enhanced durability and maximum braking performance
*Full floating type 380mm(or 360mm) 34T a lightweight bracket
*Choose one: RED, BLUE, BLACK and YELLOW (Custom colors - takes more days)
*Can be mounted on the original wheel without a hub-space.
*CVS Processor (Curve ventilated System Processor)

Last edited:
Reactions: RossTi30N
Porsche, Bentley, Rolls Royce & Ferrari use them
Ferrari utilize OEM branded Brembo, Carbon Ceramic Material (CCM) Discs Brakes on most all of their models, along with Porsche, Audi. Some models are equipped with TRW. It also varies with the model. However, EBC do not make branded OEM brakes for any of the listed cars above as standard equipment. :) 👍

Apologies but you're very much mistaken. I've owned Porsches, Audi's, Lexus RCF and they've always been OEM equipped with OEM Branded Brembo brakes, nothing else. :)
What cars use Brembo brakes?

92%
of the German cars included the Top 50 use Brembo brakes, which equips all the Porsche, Audi and Mercedes models in the standings. It is followed by Italy with 10 models, through Ferrari (3) and Lamborghini (5) and excellent models such as the Pagani Zonda and the Alfa Romeo 4c
Bugatti utilize; Chiron's big carbon-ceramic brakes

McLaren technology partners Akebono.

BMW utilize ATE or Alfred Teves Gmbh

ZONDA utilize Brembo

Cadillac utilize Brembo

Ford GT and Mustang GT 350 & 500 & even the Focus RS utilize Brembo

Jaguar utilize Brembo

Chevrolet utilize Brembo on the Corvette, Camaro, and most of their performance line.

Dodge Performance utilize Mopar and Brembo on their
performance cars.

Tesla, utilize Brembo Brakes

Aston Martin, utilize Pagid

Honda Type R, Brembo

Bentley, utilize Brembo

Just to name a few, there's more. However, EBC only makes aftermarket kits for some of the cars listed above, which is really an afterthought for less performance, compared to the Brembo, Chiron, Akebono. I can appreciate your overzealousness but it's misplaced.

All of this information is available and listed on the internet. You're welcome to search and educate yourself. :) 👍

Last edited:
I will install my kit tomorrow (2000€) and can give some feedback soon.
Kit includes 6-piston lightweight calipers, 365mm ventilated, 2-piece and floating discs, brackets, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads and brackets for calipers. I choosed 365mm discs because it is the biggest you can use with most of 18” wheels.9B5B68F6-27C0-48C9-B047-18B81E976417.jpeg

That will look amazing with 365mm discs it's a pity EBC did nto do the same as their discs are 355.

When bleeding the brakes on the Hyundai I30n it says in the technicians service book to remove the negative terminal on the battery and to disconnect the brake fluid level sensor is this a necessary step to perform when bleeding the brakes. Has anyone perfomed this step.

I've replaced fluid with Castrol SRF and changed to braided brake lines. Both times I didn't do any of that, however, once the lines are bled you need to close all nipples and replace the cap, then pump the pedal with the engine off. It pumps up to hard and there's a drop in the reservoir that needs topped up. I'm using a suction pump.

It's a strange statement. If you disconnect the battery I would think none of the sensors will work anyway, so why the need to disconnect the Fluid Level sensor?