• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

smithzy

Dec 28, 2021
Kent
Hi all,

i have a white i30n completely big standard at the moment, was thinking of some nice but simple exterior mods.. can anyone recommend anything?

thanks!

Nothing wrong with Hyundai or the i30 part.
I find people often 'de badge' on manufacturers which don't carry the same 'prestige' as the likes of Merc, BMW etc.
The amount of Suzukis, NIssans, Hyundai's I've seen 'de badged' compared to Mercs, VW etc is high.
Why would that be?

thats true! didn’t think about it like that. i don’t really want to get LEDs etc so i actually don’t know what i want 🤣

I find people often 'de badge' on manufacturers which don't carry the same 'prestige' as the likes of Merc, BMW etc.
The amount of Suzukis, NIssans, Hyundai's I've seen 'de badged' compared to Mercs, VW etc is high.
Why would that be?
Personally, I don't like the font of the "i30". It looks out of place. As for the "HYUNDAI", there is already an emblem on the trunk. I don't see why it has to be spelled out as well. More affordable brands like Hyundai, Suzuki etc. generally go overboard with the badging.

Reactions: MLC64
Most debadged car I’ve seen is 318d BMW’s. Whose owners couldn’t afford a 330 or an M🤣

I just prefer the cleaner lines without all the plastic badging👍

[QUOTE="smithzy, post: 117918, member: 9956" i don’t really want to get LEDs etc
[/QUOTE]

Leds make the interior much brighter, and are more efficient than oem bulbs.

lots of people also update their reversing and fog light to led, I’ve not bothered.

Most debadged car I’ve seen is 318d BMW’s. Whose owners couldn’t afford a 330 or an M🤣

That's what a lot of it is. For one reason of another, some don't like or feel comfortable enough with the 'badge' which the car carries.

I woukdn't be suprised if some 'de badge' a snazzier looking Hyundai so people who are curious as what the car is don't think 'oh, it's just a Hyundai'

I find people often 'de badge' on manufacturers which don't carry the same 'prestige' as the likes of Merc,
I reckon a majority of people just lose the Hyundai and i30 badges and just leave the N to stand alone as it simply just looks cleaner. The back looks too busy with all the other badges IMO and they're a bitch to clean around. Pretty sure anyone who owns an N car is far from embarrassed about owning a Hyundai, and anyone else that appreciates cars knows (and fears 😁) exactly what we're driving.

I personally got rid of the "Fastback" and the "i30" at the back because it looked too cluttered imo.
Black Hyundai-Badges and black "N"-Badges.
Non-visible license plate brackets.
Bosch Aerotwin AR653S wipers (half as thick as the original wipers, they work a lot better at higher speeds).
Unplugged sound generator (Look at this thread.) because the rattling drove me crazy.

Looking into getting black N-badges for the sideskirts but havent found some yet.

Iv just brought the black H covers and love how they look. Got the black N covers too but they look a little cheap and the red and silver on them just look like a sticker! Does anyone know of any others to try? I got them off eBay!

Iv just brought the black H covers and love how they look. Got the black N covers too but they look a little cheap and the red and silver on them just look like a sticker! Does anyone know of any others to try? I got them off eBay!
If you don’t like the silver sticker bit, don’t worry, it doesn’t last long before it falls off 🤣
AA5F56ED-AA97-415B-A8BB-BF95D1A87775.jpeg

That’s what I was worried about! I actually want the red and silver part on there. It’s brings out the N more,didn’t just want it plain black
You can always put a new silver/red sticker on. Preferably one that’s higher quality.
If you live in a warmer climate (30+ degrees C) expect the plastic covers to deform a bit. Best bet is to have them wrapped imo. Painting is a pain in the ass since the front badges require the bumper to come off.