• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

There is no md5 check for these downloads? I don't wanna broke my head unit 😅

Not sure what you mean?
Plenty of us have downloaded and performed these updates with zero issues.....obviously if you aren't confident then don't do it.

The latest version seems to be V112. Some say it improves the audio quality. Can anyone confirm this? :)

Not sure what you mean?
Plenty of us have downloaded and performed these updates with zero issues.....obviously if you aren't confident then don't do it.
Oh I forgot to say Checksum after MD5. There is the explantions.

An MD5 checksum is a mathematical algorithm is usually a set of 32-character hexadecimal letters and numbers that are computed on a file with a tool. These numbers are generated using special tools that employ “cryptographic hash function producing a 128-bit (16-byte) hash value”. It is used not only to encrypt a ZIP archive or an EXE installer but all kinds of files. You can assign an MD5 sum even to a text or document file. The perfect match of MD5 checksum value ensures that the digital integrity and security of a file has not been broken by someone else and also that it is the accurate copy of the original file.

Thus, there are the two main reasons if the MD5 hash value of a file you downloaded does not match against the original sum:

The file might be modified by someone else in an unauthorized way.
The file was not downloaded properly and some of its elements might have been corrupted.

Here's an example of what the MD5 checksum or hash value of a file might look like: 25912deacc5d55528e223ec7b99705cc

Oh I forgot to say Checksum after MD5. There is the explantions.

An MD5 checksum is a mathematical algorithm is usually a set of 32-character hexadecimal letters and numbers that are computed on a file with a tool. These numbers are generated using special tools that employ “cryptographic hash function producing a 128-bit (16-byte) hash value”. It is used not only to encrypt a ZIP archive or an EXE installer but all kinds of files. You can assign an MD5 sum even to a text or document file. The perfect match of MD5 checksum value ensures that the digital integrity and security of a file has not been broken by someone else and also that it is the accurate copy of the original file.

Thus, there are the two main reasons if the MD5 hash value of a file you downloaded does not match against the original sum:

The file might be modified by someone else in an unauthorized way.
The file was not downloaded properly and some of its elements might have been corrupted.

Here's an example of what the MD5 checksum or hash value of a file might look like: 25912deacc5d55528e223ec7b99705cc
There is an md5 file in the extracted files.

Reactions: hardline
That's weird, here's a snippet of my md5 file

78bab4eb1d69fd95aa7b2425ef775c51 *Aberaham.exe
33104753816e7c264dc2fee0ed50401d *Abraham.exe
And they match the files I have, I'll attach my md5file for you to have a look at. It won't accept an md5 file here so I copied and pasted into a txt file. Does it match your one?

Attachments

• md5 contents.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 9
That's weird, here's a snippet of my md5 file

78bab4eb1d69fd95aa7b2425ef775c51 *Aberaham.exe
33104753816e7c264dc2fee0ed50401d *Abraham.exe
And they match the files I have, I'll attach my md5file for you to have a look at. It won't accept an md5 file here so I copied and pasted into a txt file. Does it match your one?
Thank's for your help. I rename the md5 file in my SD to txt and compare it to yours with Notepad++ and I have something weird. Look this. I don't know what's the problem o_O 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
1591940723825.png

EDIT: After another try with the MD5Checker program I finally have something interesting. They are all good but I have a N/A. Do some one have this file? It dont exist on the ZIP file.

1591943977246.png

Last edited:
Thank's for your help. I rename the md5 file in my SD to txt and compare it to yours with Notepad++ and I have something weird. Look this. I don't know what's the problem o_O 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
View attachment 13668

EDIT: After another try with the MD5Checker program I finally have something interesting. They are all good but I have a N/A. Do some one have this file? It dont exist on the ZIP file.

View attachment 13669
I'll have a look later, if you send me a private message with your email I'll send it to you.

Reactions: hardline
I can't get it downloaded. "No response from Mega synch" message all the time.

Working now, a little thing missing called patience 😊

Is there a torrent file/link for the firmware update? I found the one for the map files on the German car forum but not the "EU-All" firmware update file. Mega.nz is not letting me download the entire file on a free account and it's not really a service that I would like to give money to...