• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Mando ECS10: I30N owners might be interested!

Found one in the Netherlands. Should be delivered tomorrow. :)
Not 100% sure on this but I think I've found the issue:
On their Google play store site they have a small disclaimer which states that you need firmware v2.0 of the device for the i30N.
When connecting to the Mando you can briefly see the firmware version - mine is v1.0.

So I guess that answers the question. Already contacted the reseller if there is any way to update the firmware version of the device...

Attachments

• 20200416_090754.jpg
    20200416_090754.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200416_090807.jpg
    20200416_090807.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 39
Not 100% sure on this but I think I've found the issue:
On their Google play store site they have a small disclaimer which states that you need firmware v2.0 of the device for the i30N.
When connecting to the Mando you can briefly see the firmware version - mine is v1.0.

So I guess that answers the question. Already contacted the reseller if there is any way to update the firmware version of the device...

awww man, hate when you take a gamble on something and then run into issues. Hopefully thats an easy fix!! 👍

Reactions: R Veloster N
awww man, hate when you take a gamble on something and then run into issues. Hopefully thats an easy fix!! 👍
Not really bothered by it tbh, knew I was taking a gamble, but I'm confident I'm getting it solved. Either by exchanging the unit with a new one or by updating the existing one. I mean the car is still fully drivable, the unit right now is just additional weight :p

Reactions: loafer-N77
Well, it's ridiculous Mando ships out units with V1 if you need V2 for the i30n....

My guess is that they need to flash it. But hopefully we can do it ourselves. Almost certain mine would be a 1.0 also.

Well, it's ridiculous Mando ships out units with V1 if you need V2 for the i30n....

My guess is that they need to flash it. But hopefully we can do it ourselves. Almost certain mine would be a 1.0 also.

that reseller guy still awaits an answer from them. Let's hope Mando reads their mails 🤯 😆

Reactions: RemcoV
that reseller guy still awaits an answer from them. Let's hope Mando reads their mails 🤯 😆

I hope they do. But if he is not getting any reaction, I assume we can send the module back? Little to pricy to just throw away. Or he sends a V2 and we send the V1 back. As long as it's being solved.

Fuse tap is in, so I will be installing the module tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Bu11eT
I hope they do. But if he is not getting any reaction, I assume we can send the module back? Little to pricy to just throw away. Or he sends a V2 and we send the V1 back. As long as it's being solved.

Fuse tap is in, so I will be installing the module tomorrow. :)
thats exactly why I pay my stuff through paypal. I will send the module back ofc if he doesn't get it working. And if he won't give me my money back, I have the option to force him to give it back using paypal.

That won't be a problem if you need to return it.

I believe it's an honest mistake but will see. I'm sorry for the issues. I didn't have any idea there was a Version 2.0 Firmware and I don't believe they did either. The app version, iis not correct for the i30N.
I can confirm the V2 module thru the Apple App as well; https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mando-sdc-ecs10/id1473901855
by default 2020-04-16 at 09.16.26.pngby default 2020-04-16 at 09.21.25.png
Translation;

The Mando SDC ECS10 app can be used to tune the vehicle's electronically controlled suspension using a smartphone,
This is a new service that allows you to tune 'driving performance and riding comfort' at will.

-Mando SDC ESC10 main features

1) MODE: Control the basic mode of the vehicle. (ex, Comfort, Sports, etc.)

2) BASIC

① RIDE: Performance and ride comfort can be tuned while driving.
② HANDLING: Handling tuning is possible when driving.

3) ADVANCED

① RIDE: Driving comfort can be tuned according to the set speed.
② HANDLING: Handling intensity tuning is possible according to the set speed.

-Supported models: G80, G70, VelosterN, K9, Stinger

-Support automatic connection function

1) Password function support (ECS10 firmware v2.00 or higher)
2) i30N, GV80 model support (ECS10 firmware v2.00 or higher)

Keywords: Mando ECS10, Mando, Halla Holdings, ECS10. SDC ECS10, SDC

So, it looks like it's a matter of firmware upgrade to access the functions for the other added vehicles. It's your choice but I'd hold off and see what transpires. RPM is the only seller of the to the US. However, I'll ask Break's Garage in South Korea and see if they have access to V2 Firmware and a possible download link.:)

This is the direct link and email address for the developer;
Developer

Visit website
daesub.park@halla.com

I sent off a message to Brecks Garage & the email above in South Korea. I hope this comes to florishin, for you all.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: RemcoV and Bu11eT
That won't be a problem if you need to return it.

I believe it's an honest mistake but will see. I'm sorry for the issues. I didn't have any idea there was a Version 2.0 Firmware and I don't believe they did either. The app version, iis not correct for the i30N.

I can confirm the V2 module thru the Apple App as well;
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mando-sdc-ecs10/id1473901855
View attachment 12457View attachment 12458
Translation;

The Mando SDC ECS10 app can be used to tune the vehicle's electronically controlled suspension using a smartphone,
This is a new service that allows you to tune 'driving performance and riding comfort' at will.

-Mando SDC ESC10 main features

1) MODE: Control the basic mode of the vehicle. (ex, Comfort, Sports, etc.)

2) BASIC

① RIDE: Performance and ride comfort can be tuned while driving.
② HANDLING: Handling tuning is possible when driving.

3) ADVANCED

① RIDE: Driving comfort can be tuned according to the set speed.
② HANDLING: Handling intensity tuning is possible according to the set speed.

-Supported models: G80, G70, VelosterN, K9, Stinger

-Support automatic connection function

1) Password function support (ECS10 firmware v2.00 or higher)
2) i30N, GV80 model support (ECS10 firmware v2.00 or higher)

Keywords: Mando ECS10, Mando, Halla Holdings, ECS10. SDC ECS10, SDC

So, it looks like it's a matter of firmware upgrade to access the functions for the other added vehicles. It's your choice but I'd hold off and see what transpires. RPM is the only seller of the to the US. However, I'll ask Break's Garage in South Korea and see if they have access to V2 Firmware and a possible download link.:)

This is the direct link and email address for the developer;
Developer

Visit website
daesub.park@halla.com

I sent off a message to Brecks Garage & the email above in South Korea.

Keep us posted. :) Thanks for helping us out!

Seems to be definitely a firmware issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: R Veloster N
This is the email I sent to them;

Good morning,

I hope you can help me. Several i30N owners of the n-cars.net forum purchased the Mando SDS ECS10 module.

However, i30N (Android) firmware version 2.0 is required. The latest firmware for Google Play is version 1.6. This does not allow access to modern i30N suspension features.

Can you provide a link to the Mando SDS ECS10 version 2 firmware? It will be a great help for those who already own the module.

I bought it for 2019 Veloster N with 2019 IOS firmware and it is a great product. The suspension is compliant and works great. We have promoted sales at numerous venues.

Thanks for the help in solving this problem.

I hope you get along well with the Covid-19 virus and are healthy. May God bless you and keep you.

We look forward to your help.

Many Blessings

XXXXXXX XXXXX

좋은 아침,

당신이 나를 도울 수 있기를 바랍니다.

n-cars.net 포럼의 여러 i30N 소유자가 Mando SDS ECS10 모듈을 구입했습니다.

그러나 i30N (Android) 펌웨어 버전 2.0이 필요합니다.

Google Play의 최신 펌웨어는 버전 1.6입니다. 이것은 현대 i30N 서스펜션 기능에 대한 액세스를 허용하지 않습니다.

Mando SDS ECS10 버전 2 펌웨어에 대한 링크를 제공 할 수 있습니까? 이미 모듈을 소유 한 사람들에게 큰 도움이 될 것입니다.

2019 IOS 펌웨어가 포함 된 2019 Veloster N 용으로 구입했으며 훌륭한 제품입니다. 서스펜션은 준수하고 훌륭하게 작동합니다. 우리는 수많은 행사에서 판매를 홍보하게되어 매우 기쁩니다.

이 문제를 해결하는 데 도움을 주셔서 감사합니다.

나는 당신이 Covid-19 바이러스와 잘 지내고 건강하기를 바랍니다. 신이 당신을 축복하고 지키기를 바랍니다.

우리는 당신의 도움을 기대합니다.

많은 축복

XXXXXXX XXXXX

This is the email I sent to them;

Good morning,

I hope you can help me. Several i30N owners of the n-cars.net forum purchased the Mando SDS ECS10 module.

However, i30N (Android) firmware version 2.0 is required. The latest firmware for Google Play is version 1.6. This does not allow access to modern i30N suspension features.

Can you provide a link to the Mando SDS ECS10 version 2 firmware? It will be a great help for those who already own the module.

I bought it for 2019 Veloster N with 2019 IOS firmware and it is a great product. The suspension is compliant and works great. We have promoted sales at numerous venues.

Thanks for the help in solving this problem.

I hope you get along well with the Covid-19 virus and are healthy. May God bless you and keep you.

We look forward to your help.

Many Blessings

XXXXXXX XXXXX

좋은 아침,

당신이 나를 도울 수 있기를 바랍니다.

n-cars.net 포럼의 여러 i30N 소유자가 Mando SDS ECS10 모듈을 구입했습니다.

그러나 i30N (Android) 펌웨어 버전 2.0이 필요합니다.

Google Play의 최신 펌웨어는 버전 1.6입니다. 이것은 현대 i30N 서스펜션 기능에 대한 액세스를 허용하지 않습니다.

Mando SDS ECS10 버전 2 펌웨어에 대한 링크를 제공 할 수 있습니까? 이미 모듈을 소유 한 사람들에게 큰 도움이 될 것입니다.

2019 IOS 펌웨어가 포함 된 2019 Veloster N 용으로 구입했으며 훌륭한 제품입니다. 서스펜션은 준수하고 훌륭하게 작동합니다. 우리는 수많은 행사에서 판매를 홍보하게되어 매우 기쁩니다.

이 문제를 해결하는 데 도움을 주셔서 감사합니다.

나는 당신이 Covid-19 바이러스와 잘 지내고 건강하기를 바랍니다. 신이 당신을 축복하고 지키기를 바랍니다.

우리는 당신의 도움을 기대합니다.

많은 축복

XXXXXXX XXXXX

Just for clarification: It's not the android app version (which is 1.6), it's the firmware on the ECS10 itself.
The current version is 1.0, needed is 2.0.

Also thanks from my side for helping here. The more people complain, the faster this will get resolved!

Last edited:
Just for clarification: It's not the android app version (which is 1.6), it's the firmware on the ECS10 itself.
The current version is 1.0, needed is 2.0.

Also thanks from my side for helping here, Jeff. The more people complaining, the faster this will get resolved!

It is indeed the firmware on the module itself that needs to be updated to 2.0 or higher. :)

I have feedback from the seller. The unit has to go back to Korea. :(

Only Mando can update the firmware. I'm not even going to try this module, 99% sure this is also an old one because they shipped at the same time with the one from Bull1t.

Seller says he will get V2.0 within a week. He pays for the return. :)

Last edited:
I have feedback from the seller. The unit has to go back to Korea. :(

Only Mando can update the firmware. I'm not even going to try this module, 99% sure this is also an old one because they shipped at the same time with the one from Bull1t.

Seller says he will get V2.0 within a week. He pays for the return. :)
yep got the same reply. Will return it and hopefully the V2 will work. Just a small bummer, still excited for the product!