• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Remote Windows

Maverick

Staff member
Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Germany
The convenience opening/closing of windows is a feature that is enabled during pre-delivery inspection of the vehicle; For whatever reason some technicians that carry out this pre-delivery inspection do not enable this feature.

It works by pressing and holding the lock button on the key fob and all windows go up after a few seconds. It's the same when unlocking on the car, hold the button and they will all come down:

This can be enabled in Section F, vehicle software settings, using a GDS-M tablet (Global Diagnostic System-Mobile).

English version:
remoteWINEN.jpg

German version:
remoteWINDE.jpg

Information and material thanks to @padigree, @mackenziejackson, @Bill Thomas, @Geoff Fear.

The convenience opening/closing of windows is a feature that is enabled during pre-delivery inspection of the vehicle; For whatever reason some technicians that carry out this pre-delivery inspection do not enable this feature.

It works by pressing and holding the lock button on the key fob and all windows go up after a few seconds. It's the same when unlocking on the car, hold the button and they will all come down:

This can be enabled in Section F, vehicle software settings, using a GDS-M tablet (Global Diagnostic System-Mobile).

English version:
View attachment 1920

German version:
View attachment 1921

Information and material thanks to @padigree, @mackenziejackson, @Bill Thomas, @Geoff Fear.
Wow, that car in Micron grey looks so beautiful :D

English version:
View attachment 1920

German version:
View attachment 1921

Great post. This should put this issue to bed. N-cars.net forums leading the world in N car info. :cool:

Last edited:
Not sure how it would go but my local service centre said they are able to do things for me at $77/hr
So you are saying they want to charge you $77 per hour to do something they should have done during the Pre Delivery Inspection ?
Or is this a service centre separate from a Hyundai dealership?
If this is the former I think you should take them to task on it.

So you are saying they want to charge you $77 per hour to do something they should have done during the Pre Delivery Inspection ?
Or is this a service centre separate from a Hyundai dealership?
If this is the former I think you should take them to task on it.
Oh, as in something separate from a standard thing they should have done. Things such as, remove the front bumper or remove panels inside the car ect.

Reactions: Nomad17
Can i do this myself or do i have to go to my dealer?
Dealer. Except you have a hyundai VCI and the hyundai GDS Software.. It's about 5 mins. Dealer plugs the OBD VCI in, push 1 time ignition, unlock his tablet, go to car settings and Set that Option. Press save and it's done. :)

Give them a coffee and a nice smile, I think they will do it for free. Or ask at your first Service, there's the device plugged in, so a Job of seconds :)

English version:
View attachment 1920

German version:
View attachment 1921

What else is on this list thats possibly not enabled my windows only go up not down. Ill have them enable it on my first service book in for 2 weeks away..be good to get a full list of what can be done

Reactions: jwa
I had to ask to activate mine (open window) during my 1500km service. It was done without any problems.
Same with me, had my car in yesterday, they were a bit surprised to hear me telling them what to do from the service computer interface that they haven't heard of, but done it no fuss ;) bet they'll be offering this to future i30 (N) drivers in for service :)
Have to say my dealer has kicked up customer service a few notches lately, wonder if it's because of the N I ordered from them ;)

Just came back from having my winter tires mounted.

No luck! They said their tablet is controlled by Korea or something and it might be exclusive to newer models (MY 2019)? Mine is a rather early one.

Reactions: Stash-N