• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I20N Exhaust Valve

Don’t know about a visual on the dash but it will cause a trouble code in the ECU.

Why someone wants to disconnect it it beyond me. It’s a functional system that can be adjusted to the owners taste in the custom settings.

If it isn’t broke, don’t attempt to fix it!👍🇺🇸

Reactions: Jajodu
Don’t know about a visual on the dash but it will cause a trouble code in the ECU.

Why someone wants to disconnect it it beyond me. It’s a functional system that can be adjusted to the owners taste in the custom settings.

If it'll throw an error or exception on the ECU only, I'll be fine with it. I just don't like lights on the dash :p

Speaking for myself alone, the valve controls one aspect of the car (its sound), so if I want more of that great sound during all of the rev range without interruptions, sticking the valve open sounds good to me, provided it doesn't do any harm to its control mechanism.
It has no impact on fuel economy or emissions, so it works for me.

Disconnecting will cause a trouble code in the ECU.
If it'll throw an error or exception on the ECU only, I'll be fine with it. I just don't like lights on the dash :p

Speaking for myself alone, the valve controls one aspect of the car (its sound), so if I want more of that great sound during all of the rev range without interruptions, sticking the valve open sounds good to me, provided it doesn't do any harm to its control mechanism.

it does not throw any lights up on the dash.
Ill plug my reader in tomorrow to see if i can find any codes related to it also👌

Reactions: Boxxer

I prefer the sound when the valve is in full open position. You cant control what the valve does all the time. It closes alot even when in full N mode and that annoys me as you can hear the sound change.

Is this correct? Someone above said it was fine when they disconnected. Potentially something different from veloster to i20?

i have mine 100% open on the i20n and dont have any lights. I also ran my i30 valve open for over a year and never had any problems with it, no ecu codes or anything.
Ill check for ecu codes tomorrow on my i20n to confirm

Great, I'll look into it, curious as to what kind of sound to expect from it with the valve fully open all the time :)

Better to setup one of the CUSTOM-1 or CUSTOM-2 modes with Exhaust @ SPORT+ than removing the plug from the valve!

Noticed that to engage the 'anti-lag' effects on CUSTOM mode you have to have SPORT+ on both engine and exhaust ... else no pops (like for example in pure N mode)

Better to setup one of the CUSTOM-1 or CUSTOM-2 modes with Exhaust @ SPORT+ than removing the plug from the valve!

Noticed that to engage the 'anti-lag' effects on CUSTOM mode you have to have SPORT+ on both engine and exhaust ... else no pops (like for example in pure N mode)

I've customized N1 with everything exactly the same as pure N, except the stability control (set to Sport, not off) and some driving assistances, like forward collision warning. That way I use N1 in traffic (not heavy, of course) and pure N when I have the road all for myself.

I thought the Sport mode allowed the car the same noises from the exhaust, but it doesn't, it just set everything to Sport instead of Sport+ as you get in pure N. So whatyou say makes sense.

I've customized N1 with everything exactly the same as pure N, except the stability control (set to Sport, not off) and some driving assistances, like forward collision warning. That way I use N1 in traffic (not heavy, of course) and pure N when I have the road all for myself.

I thought the Sport mode allowed the car the same noises from the exhaust, but it doesn't, it just set everything to Sport instead of Sport+ as you get in pure N. So whatyou say makes sense.

I did the same for my spouse when she drives the car ... CUSTOM-1 all lowest settings and SPORT+ on engine and exhaust ... She doesnt like pops ... but I like them :)

And performance as well. It will either be routed through the entire silencer or only partially.

I've just received my remote for the exhaust flap.
The harness plugs in between the exhaust connector and the harness so is just plug and play, when the remote is pressed it opens the flap 100% and it stays open all the time until either you press the button again or switch off the car 👍
Will fit it at the weekend - hope it make it louder

07BWOf9.jpg

Reactions: Abyss03
I've just received my remote for the exhaust flap.
The harness plugs in between the exhaust connector and the harness so is just plug and play, when the remote is pressed it opens the flap 100% and it stays open all the time until either you press the button again or switch off the car 👍
Will fit it at the weekend - hope it make it louder

07BWOf9.jpg
Looks perfect, interested to see the results for my own interest

Looks perfect, interested to see the results for my own interest

I'll update when it's fitted 👍 - i also have a Pipercross drop in filter fitted which is supposed to give a little more induction noise, not sure if that's true as i fitted it as soon as i got the car home from the dealers :rolleyes:

Reactions: Abyss03
Great stuff, where did you get it from, and for how much?

If you use the discount code Andrew5 you get 5% off the price - total inc postage was 99.49euro or £86.69 👍

Reactions: Boxxer