• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I20N Exhaust Valve

If you use the discount code Andrew5 you get 5% off the price - total inc postage was 99.49euro or £86.69 👍

Appreciate it, that'll come in handy. Going into my to buy list ;)
Tell us how it turns out!

Reactions: Robbyvrs
Appreciate it, that'll come in handy. Going into my to buy list ;)
Tell us how it turns out!

OK, just been out and fitted it - took all of 2 mins to fit but then 10 mins to try and fit a cable tie to fasten the harnesses together out of the way (not enough room to get your hand up there)
Sounds better with a slight blip so should be louder on a drive (will find out tomorrow)
Can use the remote from inside or outside the car as well :)

Another option for those who don't want to risk dirt/dust/moisture getting in once the connector has been unplugged is to simply remove the fuse for the valve.
I haven't tried this myself yet but it was posted in the owners group on Facebook so thought I would post here.

Screenshot_20220211-121809_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20220211-121758_Facebook.jpg

OK, just been out and fitted it - took all of 2 mins to fit but then 10 mins to try and fit a cable tie to fasten the harnesses together out of the way (not enough room to get your hand up there)
Sounds better with a slight blip so should be louder on a drive (will find out tomorrow)
Can use the remote from inside or outside the car as well :)

So... have you reached a verdict? How does it sound while driving? Curious! :)

So... have you reached a verdict? How does it sound while driving? Curious! :)

Sounds louder for sure - not too OTT but in N mode on the motorway it can get a bit much which is why it's great to be able to switch it back to "normal" unlike unplugging it where you'd have to stop and reach under to plug it back in

Sounds louder for sure - not too OTT but in N mode on the motorway it can get a bit much which is why it's great to be able to switch it back to "normal" unlike unplugging it where you'd have to stop and reach under to plug it back in

Which is exactly what I expected to hear :) I was afraid that removing the fuse, for instance, would make it annoying (to say the least) in certain scenarios, so having the ability do open and close the valve remotely sounds great :)

Which is exactly what I expected to hear :) I was afraid that removing the fuse, for instance, would make it annoying (to say the least) in certain scenarios, so having the ability do open and close the valve remotely sounds great :)

It sounds nice in normal mode 2k-3k for daily driving, put it into n mode and it gets louder. I have the flap open on the motorway when i'm awake :rolleyes: but some mornings it's nice to have it a bit quieter

Reactions: i20nobby
It sounds nice in normal mode 2k-3k for daily driving, put it into n mode and it gets louder. I have the flap open on the motorway when i'm awake :rolleyes: but some mornings it's nice to have it a bit quieter

You had me at your previous post 😂
I'll be ordering it this month.
I hope I'll hear it nicely, since I've also unplugged the fake sound generator.

You had me at your previous post 😂
I'll be ordering it this month.
I hope I'll hear it nicely, since I've also unplugged the fake sound generator.

I'm also planning on unplugging the fake sound - had it in n mode the other day and it wailed like a banshee - me no likey :eek:
Did you remove the scuttle panel to unplug yours or could you get your hand in there with the wipers still in place?

I'm also planning on unplugging the fake sound - had it in n mode the other day and it wailed like a banshee - me no likey :eek:
Did you remove the scuttle panel to unplug yours or could you get your hand in there with the wipers still in place?

I tried removing the scuttle panel without removing the wipers. I ended up breaking most of the clips and still my hand wouldn't fit...
So I used an allen key to unplug the cable and just left it hanging there.
Also ordered a pack of plastic clips to replace the broken ones.

I tried removing the scuttle panel without removing the wipers. I ended up breaking most of the clips and still my hand wouldn't fit...
So I used an allen key to unplug the cable and just left it hanging there.
Also ordered a pack of plastic clips to replace the broken ones.

Which clips did you buy? I've done the same thing and 3/4 of them are snapped 😬

Which clips did you buy? I've done the same thing and 3/4 of them are snapped 😬

I got mine from here:

Reactions: SelwofJ
I got mine from here:

Amazing, thank you.

Reactions: Boxxer
I'd imagine taping a small plastic bag around them would be the best bet. That's what I was thinking of doing anyway.

That way they should be water proof as much as they can be and still able to be undone for the future

Just unplug the fuse located in the engine. There’s no need to unplug it at the valve

Reactions: SelwofJ
Just unplugged my valve, car sounds amazing.

Pulling the fuse didn’t work for me, just caused the valve to close.

I just wrapped it up with a plastic bag, zip tie and tape.

Next is that artificial sound generator.

Just unplugged my valve, car sounds amazing.

Pulling the fuse didn’t work for me, just caused the valve to close.

I just wrapped it up with a plastic bag, zip tie and tape.

Next is that artificial sound generator.

I poked a thin allen key (could use screwdriver) through the top of the vent and managed to unplug the vibration generator in a matter of seconds - i slid the connector apart but left it together (if you understand?) - this way i didn't have to remove the wiper arms and risk breaking any clips on the scuttle panel just to get some tape on the exposed connector ends :)