• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Where did my money go..?

WeAreLikewise lug nuts, ~450€ incl. import taxes 😅
vMcwRcT.jpg

1 week of ownership, 400 miles, first wash and.... stone chip down to bare metal on the bonnet! 😳
I'd get PPF on the front as soon as possible. It's expensive but well worth it. Expect to be set back between 400 and 800 Euro depending on the PPF and market. I put PremiumShield on the front and 10000 miles later there are no stone chips at all.

Reactions: Kristian
I'd get PPF on the front as soon as possible. It's expensive but well worth it. Expect to be set back between 400 and 800 Euro depending on the PPF and market. I put PremiumShield on the front and 10000 miles later there are no stone chips at all.
A good idea for sure, but to be honest I’m not too worried. The car is to be driven, it will get the odd mark. When the weather improves I will touch it up.

Reactions: s.arhangelov
do I have to add petrol cost? :eek:
I'll second that, since this new petrol hit the pumps here I've been using the so called E5 super grade at my local tesco's I'm paying £20 more to fill my tank because of it, I've also had to buy a new set of tires because of the Pirelli PZero's apparently perishing while they had plenty of tread left on them, I'm paying to have my baby washed by a reputable valet place once or twice a month depending how I feel as well but that's money well spent to see it shine like its a brand new car again, saying all that though the smiles per gallon more than make up for the price of doing business.

I'll second that, since this new petrol hit the pumps here I've been using the so called E5 super grade at my local tesco's I'm paying £20 more to fill my tank because of it,

I'd change your Tesco. Currently Momentum-the 'super grade' you mention- is about 10p more per litre, compared to the E10 trash. If the car has a 50L tank, that'll be about 50 X 10p = £5 more. You also are getting better stuff too, so it's not just a fiver into thin air.

Reactions: poppypodlatex
I'd change your Tesco. Currently Momentum-the 'super grade' you mention- is about 10p more per litre, compared to the E10 trash. If the car has a 50L tank, that'll be about 50 X 10p = £5 more. You also are getting better stuff too, so it's not just a fiver into thin air.
I don't begrudge spending the money on the E5, I'll have to see what the price per litre is though, I'm not sure of the top of my head. I only go to tesco cos its the most convenient.

Reactions: NCurious
I don't begrudge spending the money on the E5, I'll have to see what the price per litre is though, I'm not sure of the top of my head. I only go to tesco cos its the most convenient.

In Wales, ESSO 99, called synergy Supreme+ 99, has ZERO percent ethanol in it. The pump'll say E5, but that means' UP TO 5%. So zero is 'up to 5%'.
I find that's only marginally more (if that) than Momentum. Depends on the station of course.

Reactions: poppypodlatex
In Wales, ESSO 99, called synergy Supreme+ 99, has ZERO percent ethanol in it. The pump'll say E5, but that means' UP TO 5%. So zero is 'up to 5%'.
I find that's only marginally more (if that) than Momentum. Depends on the station of course.
Esso? the only one I know of locally off the top of my head changed to one of the "poundstretcher" type no-name filling station a few years ago, I'll have a look at google now to see if there are any about.

Esso? the only one I know of locally off the top of my head changed to one of the "poundstretcher" type no-name filling station a few years ago, I'll have a look at google now to see if there are any about.
The zero ethanol is also supposed to help if, like me, you leave you car for 3-4 weeks between spins in the winter with the salt etc. Ethanol is supposed to 'attract' more condensation in a standing engine, whereas non-ethanol not so much.

I just started to think about the $$$ put into this vehicle over the last 8 months.... It made me a little sad... THEN I remembered I get to drive home from work sooN so I'm happy :cool:

Parts List (AUS Dollars):
Resonator Delete ~$125
N stickers for sideskirts ~$20
Tunebox ~$550 landed
Dyno Day (few power runs) ~$220
BOV ~$300
Powerflex mounts ~$50
IFX Intake ~$600

Plenty more in servicing & cleaning etc but that covers all the "big ticket" purchases

Tyres are coming up and I am leaning towards Potenza RE003 OR Michellins PS4

Things on the potential wish list:
Inter Cooler
Downpipe
Remap/tune
What mod came first?

Ethanol is supposed to 'attract' more condensation...
Indeed it does! This type of thing was the subject of a class action lawsuit against Ducati for their Monster, Multistrada, SportClassic, Streetfighter, Superbike and Hypermotard motorcycles which were manufactured with a plastic fuel tank - the plastic fuel tanks degraded/deformed due to an incompatibility with E10 fuel, causing them to expand and split.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO