• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Where did my money go..?

Stuff happens, especially in a nanny state!

Most of the US, has eradicated the use of stationary speed cameras but there is always the mobile vehicle units the police utilize. They're next! They're utilized for nothing but revenue. You don't get points added to your license, they just want the money, ($100 plus tax)

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Oh F**K. Not again.
Speeding in Gorleston.JPG
60 in 50 zone this time. That's two in a month. That takes me to nine points. Here in the UK that leaves me with one more offence in the next two years and I'll get a possible ban. I have three points already with two years remaining.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
eeb18b676b08eed7efa70cb8cc03e1ed.png

300 euro. 71kmh in 50kmh zone.

Reading these forums does make me wonder why we buy fast cars well sort of faster cars when there are strict speed limits enforced on our roads.

Some European countries are deploying speed traffic traps in every day items disguised as everyday items that you would not look twice at. Wheelie bins very large flower pots now you can be given a ticket for speeding from a space satellite? Don’t believe me read it in the below link, it is being trialled on UK road network.

Seemingly it links to cameras on the ground that take the driver mug shot and licence plate, with speed direction name of street, ETC, ETC. All meld together like a hand into a glove oh they have it all worked out they are not that stupid.

I feel he needs a speed awareness course.
Got refused the speed awareness course because it was less than three years since I took the last one.
I've decided to go to court as both offences were within 24 hours of each other and see if I can convince them to let me have a reduced points and fine.
Watch this space.

Got refused the speed awareness course because it was less than three years since I took the last one.
I've decided to go to court as both offences were within 24 hours of each other and see if I can convince them to let me have a reduced points and fine.
Watch this space.
Most unfortunate only place you can let rip here where I live are on quiet back roads or country A6 roads but you do have to be careful as the Police are in every unmarked Police car you can Imagine. They know the roads to watch so you have to be careful I must admit I have laid of throttling the car lately as I have seen plenty of Police in ordinary cars floating about of late as we do have that boy racer culture over here. I used common sense and decided to drive within the speed rating for that road. But I do let rip no doubt about that when it is safe to do so just give it a spurt here and there always within the speed limit of course just wanted to add that disclaimer.. The nephew passed his test last Wednesday that night he was caught doing 80 in a 60 he overtook an unmarked Golf R stupid C+++. Awaiting court date legal counsel in session.

Most unfortunate only place you can let rip here where I live are on quiet back roads or country A6 roads but you do have to be careful as the Police are in every unmarked Police car you can Imagine. They know the roads to watch so you have to be careful I must admit I have laid of throttling the car lately as I have seen plenty of Police in ordinary cars floating about of late as we do have that boy racer culture over here. I used common sense and decided to drive within the speed rating for that road. But I do let rip no doubt about that when it is safe to do so just give it a spurt here and there always within the speed limit of course just wanted to add that disclaimer.. The nephew passed his test last Wednesday that night he was caught doing 80 in a 60 he overtook an unmarked Golf R stupid C+++. Awaiting court date legal counsel in session.
That was stupid of him.
It's not this car that has got me these offences per se because I generally never drive the speed limit. In my car or on my bike. Last summer, I took out a ducati V4s for a test ride and over took a line of about 12 cars in a row on the A140 between Norwich and Ipswich. When I looked down, I was at 150+mph. It was a 50 zone. Fast bikes, them.
I've never had a clean licence since 1987. I've tried. I was clean for two weeks a couple of years ago. But that's it. Our cars do promote heavy throttle use, I must say. Mine is really settled in now a drives beautifully. Had a bit of trouble keeping up with a Audi S1 tonight, though. And it was smoking a tiny bit.

That was stupid of him.
It's not this car that has got me these offences per se because I generally never drive the speed limit. In my car or on my bike. Last summer, I took out a ducati V4s for a test ride and over took a line of about 12 cars in a row on the A140 between Norwich and Ipswich. When I looked down, I was at 150+mph. It was a 50 zone. Fast bikes, them.
I've never had a clean licence since 1987. I've tried. I was clean for two weeks a couple of years ago. But that's it. Our cars do promote heavy throttle use, I must say. Mine is really settled in now a drives beautifully. Had a bit of trouble keeping up with a Audi S1 tonight, though. And it was smoking a tiny bit.
Well Auto Express magazine road tested a 2018 Audi S1 and it's 0 to 62 was 5.8 seconds so not that surprising.

Last edited:
Seemingly it links to cameras on the ground that take the driver mug shot and licence plate, with speed direction name of street, ETC, ETC. All meld together like a hand into a glove oh they have it all worked out they are not that stupid.
There is no local government that's going to invest or can afford such technology, just for the chance to give a motorist a ticket. They are that stupid, especially in the nanny states.:rolleyes:

The cost for such technology, most certainly outweighs such utilization.

I've been around far too long and tyranny comes in all forms. Eventually, the citizens of the country will step in and take action. If they don't, then it's a communist state,. They're just too lazy to get off their complacent arse and tell their legislatures NO! It will be their fault for letting it happen and have no one to blame except themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mightymoo
Damn, now that I like going for an hour of spirited driving a day I notice how much gas this car really needs... 20L of fuel lasts me about 2-3 days right now o_O
Also police caught me doing "up to 10 over" in a 60kph zone, luckily for me the police was nice and it only cost me 20 bucks right there and then.

Then again, that's still cheaper than any racetracks nearby.

(BTW, I stickied this thread because the search engine doesn't really want to find it)

Last edited:
Seem to be unlucky mate.

Go to the track or take her to some twisty back roads ;)

This all the way. Within a month I got a ticket and I new I had to get it out my system, so to speak. Done 5 track days now. Only downer now is this lockdown means I'm taking my wifes Kona to work every day, or I know I'll get another ticket. Need my speed hit again soon.

Reactions: GazmaN