• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What did you do to your N today ?

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Noticed were missing one of these.. so I’ll be the first to post. Today I test fitted my summer wheels and also removed the ESG. 10/10 would recommend and it takes a total of 5mins. Now I can enjoy hearing only the exhaust and the true induction noises of the theta chugging away. VS the muffled vibration of a angry beehive every time I accelerate.

Woke up, rolled over and kissed her. Ooops - wait, that was the wife...

Usual early morming inspection for flying fox shit. Found some, quick wash and dry. Dropped kid off at school, cranked stereo and then lane-filtered peak hour traffic into town like I was riding a ZX-10 so I arrived at work with a good mindset.

Finished work and drove to school in a much more sedate fashion. Picked up kid. She wound down her window and demanded I "make it pop!" once we had vacated the school zone. I did. We both smiled.

Got her home and commenced afternoon inspection, cleared away some contaminants. Cracked beer and stared at her in the driveway for a bit. Did some chores, then out for another stare while the sun set to watch the colour change with the light. Wished she was Clean Slate for a bit then put her to bed. And here we are...

Noticed were missing one of these.. so I’ll be the first to post. Today I test fitted my summer wheels and also removed the ESG. 10/10 would recommend and it takes a total of 5mins. Now I can enjoy hearing only the exhaust and the true induction noises of the theta chugging away. VS the muffled vibration of a angry beehive every time I accelerate.
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but how exactly do you disable the esg?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but how exactly do you disable the esg?
It’s simple takes a whole five minutes to do. And in my opinion makes the drive so much more pleasant. I love me some induction noises but the constant faint vibrations gets old real quick. And I couldn’t wait to take mine out

It’s simple takes a whole five minutes to do. And in my opinion makes the drive so much more pleasant. I love me some induction noises but the constant faint vibrations gets old real quick. And I couldn’t wait to take mine out

It also weighs a fair bit! I'd say about 1 lb, although I haven't actually weighed it yet... It's quite a bit quieter without all that fake noise in the cabin eh?

As for me, I removed my Pierce Motorsports front strut bar as I had noticed it was actually making contact with the hood and pressing it up/making my panel gaps uneven. Messaged Jim and he said to send it back so he can fix it for me free of charge.

Oh, and also ordered a new spare ECU to toy with finally o_O

\
Oops, mine is an i30n, can I still post in here?

02da388f-15a2-410d-bde4-f56d651b899a-original.jpg
This is HOBB! First on in our state, Purchased on 2 Feb 2019.

Pipercross Filter
DTUK Piggyback ECU & Pedal Box
WeatherTech Cargo Mat w/roll out Tail Gate Protector
WeatherTech Full Sunshade Kit
OEM Cargo Net
3M Protection Film $1500 worth/A-Pillers/above windshield/full front/24" up hood/16"up sides/running boards/lift gate bumper.
Clay Barred and Waxed
Hyundai embroidered Neck Pillows

More to come!

Added a Black Leather Knee Pad for my accelerator foot. Not banging it on the hard plastic anymore.

s-l1600.jpg

Got the LED footwell lights installed, new horn (the shop rigged up the two new hella horns and the original. Sounds hilarious and great), removed Veloster decal. Next up is new spark plugs, catch can and burger tune :)

Did you just use a heat gun or blow dryer to get the decal off? I plan on doing that this week.