• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What car did you come from?

I came from my freshly restored OEM+ EP3 Type R:

o9SLcODh.jpg

HwpypPPh.jpg

TxRtP7Th.jpg

OGRQUIbh.jpg

Most recently:
BMW Z4
SEAT Mii Mango (ex-girlfriends car (that I bought)).
VW Polo GTi
VW Golf GTI
i30N Performance.

Attachments

• AP68 TJZ in Holland -  (42)C.JPG
    AP68 TJZ in Holland - (42)C.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0017_2C.JPG
    DSC_0017_2C.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: icelink
First car is a Suzuki Sierra "Stockman" ute, learnt to drive in it around the farm when I was 8.

First road legal car was a stock 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi in white

Second car was a 1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX in Midnight Blue:
16032009779.jpg

Third car was a 2006 Mitsubishi RALLIART Colt in red, had it 9 years, made it into the ultimate daily, still miss it even with the N:
20180916_121351.jpg
20180916_115743.jpg
20180916_115204.jpg

Reactions: icelink and GazmaN
First car is a Suzuki Sierra "Stockman" ute, learnt to drive in it around the farm when I was 8.

First road legal car was a stock 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi in white

Second car was a 1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX in Midnight Blue:
View attachment 10963

Third car was a 2006 Mitsubishi RALLIART Colt in red, had it 9 years, made it into the ultimate daily, still miss it even with the N:
View attachment 10964
View attachment 10965
View attachment 10966
Had a quick fling with the Ralliart Colt when I worked for Mitsubishi - lots of laughs, not surprised you miss it. Knew a couple of blokes in Brisbane with LJ50 2-stroke Stockmans that were worked off their head, you could watch people scratch their head and look for a dirt-bike everytime they screamed (and I mean screamed) past - fantastic little weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: oodLes
Had a quick fling with the Ralliart Colt when I worked for Mitsubishi - lots of laughs, not surprised you miss it. Knew a couple of blokes in Brisbane with LJ50 2-stroke Stockmans that were worked off their head, you could watch people scratch their head and look for a dirt-bike everytime they screamed (and I mean screamed) past - fantastic little weapons.

Sierra is a fantastic car, we actually still have it on the farm it's still going strong. I "rolled" it (put it on it's roof) at about 40km/h when I was 13 and some bloke with a hammer panel beat the fuck out of the roof and it was fine, it was fully upside down but it was strong enough that it was just the top panel that got damaged, I have a photo of it I can scan and post here if anyone's interested. :D

Colt was the funnest car for the least money to be honest, only gave it up as it was starting to get a bit old, only had 130,00km on the clock but I think they'll probably drop in price in the future and I'd had it for so long. I put in a QUAIFE LSD, DVD/GPS headunit back in 2012 when they were rare, under-seat sub and those red interior panels you can see above in the photo that were professionally painted. I could let that thing get up to temp and then drive it as hard as I wanted all day every day and use <8L/100km, just awesome.

Reactions: icelink and GazmaN
Previous two cars were Ford Focus ST's (both mk 3.5's). The second one was in Tangerine Scream, fantastic colour. Also had a mk2 at one point. Tried a mk4 Focus ST but besides thinking the styling (especially the front end) hideous, I found it a bit boring. No disrespect to anyone that's bought one, only my personal experience / opinion.

Prior to that a Renault Sport Clio EDC. If the dual clutch box had been a bit better, it would have been a really nice car. The idea was there, just poorly implemented.

More than happy now with my I30 N performance. In two months, I've not seen another one round here. Though I do live in the arse end of nowhere.

Nothing major for me - I only passed my test in 2006 when I was 27 so cars before that were my wife’s.

2001 Vauxhall Corsa (just a 1 litre I think, did the job)
2002 Peugeot 206cc (1.6. We though we were so cool with this car. To be fair, it was pretty awesome at the time)
2005 Honda Civic Sport (great looking car and still my favourite iteration of the Civic)
2006 BMW 3 series 318ES (my wife always wanted a BMW - nice car, Japan Red, think I was driving at this point)
2006 Citroen C4 (automatic - practical etc, we were skint at this point so downsizing etc)
2002 Skoda Fabia (this was MY car - an absolute tank. Never broke down. 60mpg and a clutch that was ‘on it’s way out’ for about 3 years!!)
2011 Citroen C1 (what was I thinking? Kept for 6 months, tin can. Avoid)
2012 New Honda Civic Sport.(again, thought we were cool. Looked lovely I must admit but this car would not pull you out of bed, so under powered it wasn’t funny, lots of trips back to the garage as well, wife ended up hating this car)
2014 Kia Pro Ceed GT (this car got me into performance at a late age - very underrated and a fantastic first effort from Kia. First car ive ever really cared about)
2018......you know!!
Performance at a late age? 35!!!

• Haha
Reactions: GazmaN
01 Mustang
996 C2
E55 AMG
E46 M3
E92 M3
RRS SVR
Ramrunner truck

now I30. Which I just picked up after the evo review as was curious with AB being involved with it. I will say the N has been more fun than both M cars. Maybe also new to the hatch thing and moving to the UK where most cars are smaller.

1: Opel Tigra '96
2: Opel Corsa '02
3: Polo GTI 6R '11
4: Opel Astra GTC '12
5: Opel Astra GTC OPC '13
6: Honda Civic Type R FK2 '16
7: VW Golf GTI Clubsport '16
8: Hyundai i30n N2 '19

Just sold my Clubsport and bought the i30n. I was looking for a more sporty and fun hatch, and the i30n certainly is that over the Clubsport.

1: VW Golf GTI MK3
2: Audi A3 2.0 TFSI
3: Mazda BJ323
4: BMW E46 318i
5: BMW E46 320ci
6: Hyundai i30N Performance

2014, It was a superb car and I’d like to have a new one. It was a manual trans as well. They only come in S-tronic dial clutch at $78K now but no matter.

It out handled and performed an R8 V-8. Strong engine, easy to tweak and quick in both a straight line and threw the twisties. Smooth on the road and compliant even in Sport Mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkMark