• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Welcome lights problem

Alinviper

Dec 7, 2022
Iasi,Romania
Hi,
I got a small issue that is bugging me. The welcome lights no longer turn on when I get near the car with the key. I think this started after I took out the battery to do adjust the gearbox cables.

What could it be? A blown fuse? If so, which are they on? The interior lights are working just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

The setting is turned on from settings. Tried turning off the feature and back on again. Tried changing the key battery as well in case it was weak

If your other fob functions are okay, and you didn't have any power issues (sparks, or momentary shorting when working on the car) when working on the car then something may have been disturbed when you were working on the cable adjustment. If remote functions work to open or lock doors then a loosened plug or broken wire would be a good bet - if it were a fuse I'd suspect a few other items on the fob wouldn't work either.

If your other fob functions are okay, and you didn't have any power issues (sparks, or momentary shorting when working on the car) when working on the car then something may have been disturbed when you were working on the cable adjustment. If remote functions work to open or lock doors then a loosened plug or broken wire would be a good bet - if it were a fuse I'd suspect a few other items on the fob wouldn't work either.
I guess I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and taking a look for anything loose or broken. The lights themselves ain't broken, they light up fine when I unlock the Car. It's just not doing it when getting close to it.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the additional info. It's unlikely related to connecting or disconnecting the battery. Certainly sounds like a proximity (signal strength) issue. Do both fobs do the same? If so look for something blocking the signal sensor (location unknown). Be sure you have no metal, credit cards, or other "clickers" near fob when carrying in your pocket - they can all block/degrade the signal.

I'll leave this update here in case any other people run into this:

For me the issue did get resolved by reconnecting the battery. The positive terminal felt a bit loose so thinking maybe some small imperfect connection caused it.

Cheers for the troubleshooting help.