• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tucson N-line leaks

meirion

Audi A3 S-Line and Audi S3 are two different cars in the UK. S3 is far more powerful at just over 310bhp I think. Bigger turbo, beefed up internals, bigger wheels and brakes, different suspension.

A3 S-Line is NOT an S3.

meirion

How are the USA versions badged? UK and Europe are badged differently. One says A3 S-Line and the other is badged as S3. Two very different prices as well. Can't see why a manufacturer would do that if they're the same car, which they are not over here.
Do you have the same badging or do the States only get the S3 version with no option for the S-Line lower spec version?

How are the USA versions badged? UK and Europe are badged differently. One says A3 S-Line and the other is badged as S3. Two very different prices as well. Can't see why a manufacturer would do that if they're the same car, which they are not over here.
Do you have the same badging or do the States only get the S3 version with no option for the S-Line lower spec version?
U.S. has S line which is not an S cat merely a suspension and appearance package.

R Veloster N

Audi A3 S-Line and Audi S3 are two different cars in the UK. S3 is far more powerful at just over 310bhp I think. Bigger turbo, beefed up internals, bigger wheels and brakes, different suspension. A3 S-Line is NOT an S3.
You are correct. My bad, :eek:;) you have to go to the exterior options on the build sheets for the A-Models. Sorry, I've only owned RS models in the past and always thought the S-Line was directly equated to the S-Models. Oh well, can't be right all the time, my apologies.:) Learned something new today, once again.:D

Last edited:

R Veloster N

TTRS, RS5, One of the original 500 built S4 Anniversary Edition Quattros and maybe either a new TTRS or RS3. We haven't decided yet and looks like maybe this coming year at closeout.

R Veloster N

The sedan 4 door is the one we'd like and the only one available in the US, drat!:mad: No hatchback!. You gentleman get the options over there, I believe.

We had an TTRS and it was a hoot and with a little tuning;), it would do 430 at the wheels. So we may go that way, I don't know yet. The TTRS is my wife's favorite. Either way, the same motors.:)

We stopped off also next door and look at a Porsche 2015 GT3 on consignment. Super clean and it was priced right. Had 10K miles and I'm tempted. Had to squeeze my cheeks a bit before we left. 3b3055447312bc916ef81faec5ea8333.jpg

Last edited: