• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Touchless Car Dryer

Cholmondeley-Biscuitt

Nthusiast
Feb 8, 2022
Dunfermline, Scotland
Today I've pre-ordered the Bigboi BlowR Pro+ from Ultimate Finish in the hope of protecting my Ceramic Coating during its planned fortnightly wash cycle.
For me it's a bit of a big-spend on a piece of detailing kit but, given the cost of the new car and the amount I'll have spent on professional detailing and PPF from day One; I think being able to reduce the amount of contact drying over my period of ownership, the greater preservation that it offers on coatings; and the reduced drying times (80x less?) over traditional methods, it should make the initial painful ££ outlay worthwhile in the long run. Fortunately, I have a separate 32A circuit in the garage - although, I think I'll have to invest in a set of ear defenders coz from my youtube observations it seems LOUD!!

Last edited:
has it arrived and have you used it yet? I've not used a dryer on a car before and like you once I've had my (yet to be delivered i20n) PPF'd and ceramic coated I'll probably do the same and invest in one. I've looked (on interweb) at the bigboi's and like the look of them but cant decide on to go with bigboi or another brand.

So will be interested to see what your thoughts are. :)

I used it in anger a few days ago. It's extremely powerful and the wind noise reflected can be painful on the ears; I can see why the professionals use ear defenders with these!
I did have a couple of issues with the Pro+ when I first unboxed it; one of the nozzle retaining lugs on the cable management bracket was broken and the remote control unit was not working. The supplier sent me out another cable management system and promised to get a remote also, if they were transferrable between units, otherwise they would replace the whole blower for me.
In the end I fixed the remote myself. All it took was a clean of the microswitches and a battery replacement.

On an operating front, my detailer suggested using a microfibre towel to catch the last remaining drops of water as it leaves a panel, otherwise (as he so rightly predicted) you end up chasing the water around the car from one panel to another! Sure enough, I got dizzy chasing the water around the car ... o_O

In summary, it worked very well and obviously means less contact with the vehicle, which can only be good for the paintwork and top protection layer preservation. It's also great for blowing dog hair from under the sofa, although a few pictures fell off the wall too!

Last edited:
Reactions: NTastic!
Shame out of the box it wasn't quite all in one piece but good that you got it sorted!

I did wonder if you would have to catch the last drops of water, would it help if the nozzles were wider? As they look quite narrow.

Do you think it would be more hassle with a larger car as I also have a Santa Fe and do wonder if just using decent towel (which I use at the mo) would actually be better than trying to use a blower on it?

Depends if you have a Ceramic Coating that you want to preserve. I don't think I'd ever use the blower on our Nissan Navara pick-up, as using a towel is free energy, whereas the blower (which also uses air heated to 20 degrees C above ambient air temperature), is around 2.3Kw when both fans are on - equivalent to having a two bar electric heater going, or boiling a kettle for the same amount of time. Leccy is getting expensive now after all, add to that I've only just had a 50% increase in my Gas bill, and the price of Petrol - I think the N will have to stay parked up on the drive FFS!

Reactions: NTastic!
Good points. I was mainly interested to know if you think a blower would manage a much bigger car or would you be chasing the water round even more than you do with much smaller cars.

I was given a Big Boi Mini blower last year on my birthday.

Excellent piece of kit - I tend to use it on non-car related jobs like bikes and routine cleaning of our condenser tumble drier filter!

I have this small Metabo cordless leaf blower wich I use to blow water out of crevices. After this I still use a towel tho, it is not extremly powerfull like your device.
I use the blower for garden work too. Nice and cheap

1658131889317.png

Reactions: Surrey 911
Got the older version here and love it.......the neighbours less so :D
I wear earbuds when using mine as its pretty loud but does a great job of clearing the water from the paint.

Reactions: jeroenvde