• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

[SOLD] Turbocharger Inlet Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no difference except to maximize air volume. Flow is dependant upon vacuum created from the turbo and engine pulse, CFM flow from the venture effect of the intake tube and airbox. This is restricted by the actual airbox outside inlet. Without an additional increase in air flow from the the outside inlet, there no additional cooling or increased velocity effect.

Forge Motorsport already utilizes a 4" Intake tube that interconnects with a new Turbo Inlet, which necks down to a venturi CAD designed 3" opening. It has proven performance gains demonstrated on the dyno. By comparison, I see no proven performance gains from the above Turbo Inlet Adapter. No offense intended but it's simply a means to eliminate the OEM Turbo Inlet pipe for looks alone and its additional effects upon performance or cooling are unknown.

No you can't clamp silicone over silicone and expect to have a good and proper seal that maintain intake vacuum or
CFM flow. Not something to consider or recommend in any case. High temp thermoplastic or larger turbo inlet tube is also a noneffect.

In the intakes present configuration, the SXTH Element is designed to work specifically with the OEM Turbo intake and nothing else. The transition to fit the turbo inlet has already been determined by the shape of the silicone intake tube. Additionally, intake tube length has to be a consideration. There is only so much room to accommodate the entire short ram intake assembly, within the engine compartment.

Frankly, there is nothing to gain over the present intake configuration by trying to invent a new wheel, so to speak. The SXTH Element short ram intake is not modifiable in its present configuration. There will be no performance benefit and only increased cost of the intake, to add an ornamentation which is unnecessary.:)

Makes no difference except to maximize air volume. Flow is dependant upon vacuum created from the turbo and engine pulse, CFM flow from the venture effect of the intake tube and airbox. This is restricted by the actual airbox outside inlet. Without an additional increase in air flow from the the outside inlet, there no additional cooling or increased velocity effect.

Forge Motorsport already utilizes a 4" Intake tube that interconnects with a new Turbo Inlet, which necks down to a venturi CAD designed 3" opening. It has proven performance gains demonstrated on the dyno. By comparison, I see no proven performance gains from the above Turbo Inlet Adapter. No offense intended but it's simply a means to eliminate the OEM Turbo Inlet pipe for looks alone and its additional effects upon performance or cooling are unknown.

No you can't clamp silicone over silicone and expect to have a good and proper seal that maintain intake vacuum or
CFM flow. Not something to consider or recommend in any case. High temp thermoplastic or larger turbo inlet tube is also a noneffect.

In the intakes present configuration, the SXTH Element is designed to work specifically with the OEM Turbo intake and nothing else. The transition to fit the turbo inlet has already been determined by the shape of the silicone intake tube. Additionally, intake tube length has to be a consideration. There is only so much room to accommodate the entire short ram intake assembly, within the engine compartment.

Frankly, there is nothing to gain over the present intake configuration by trying to invent a new wheel, so to speak. The SXTH Element short ram intake is not modifiable in its present configuration. There will be no performance benefit and only increased cost of the intake, to add an ornamentation which is unnecessary.:)
There is no doubt on the Forge unit, it is a great piece, and works great if you already have a Forge intake. I don't think that was ever the issue. My design was to give other intake owners an option if they wanted to further improve their existing intake. Yes you are correct, it is to increase the volume of air entering the turbocharger. The Forge unit uses 4" to 3" because they designed their intake at that size for the power they wanted. The non-forge intakes are not 4", they range from 3.5" to 2.75", so I sized to maintain those diameters. Eliminate of the OEM Turbo Inlet pipe? Yes, that is part of the process, just like when you replace any OEM part. As for the dyno, I would like to get to one when I get the chance too. But remember, not once did I make any horsepower or torque claim.

In regards to the silicone, I personally don't think it would be good too, to clamp over it, but as an Engineer, it doesn't hurt to try things to confirm theories. That's also why I didn't make any claims that it works with the SXTH intake. Some SXTH intake owners asked, so I am thinking of alternative ways, without cutting up somebody's intake. I agree with you, the length is predetermined and is a critical factor, so working with what I have. I think it is unfair to say invent a new wheel, I am simply trying to help other N owners with something they asked me about. I am doing this in my spare time for the car community and to help my friend, this is not my day job 😄. I think you also need to see in the perspective of the N owners that don't have the Forge intake units. They want that modification too. And I wouldn't be surprised if the new SXTH intake goes all the way to the Turbocharger Inlet. 😁

I am speaking only from my no numbers experience, car seems to "breathe" better in a similar improvement to when I went from OEM box to Takeda box. Not huge difference but if seems to be less restricted in my experience. Again, no numbers here, just how I have felt since the install

Reactions: Ghost and Yames
There is no doubt on the Forge unit, it is a great piece, and works great if you already have a Forge intake. I don't think that was ever the issue. My design was to give other intake owners an option if they wanted to further improve their existing intake. Yes you are correct, it is to increase the volume of air entering the turbocharger. The Forge unit uses 4" to 3" because they designed their intake at that size for the power they wanted. The non-forge intakes are not 4", they range from 3.5" to 2.75", so I sized to maintain those diameters. Eliminate of the OEM Turbo Inlet pipe? Yes, that is part of the process, just like when you replace any OEM part. As for the dyno, I would like to get to one when I get the chance too. But remember, not once did I make any horsepower or torque claim.

In regards to the silicone, I personally don't think it would be good too, to clamp over it, but as an Engineer, it doesn't hurt to try things to confirm theories. That's also why I didn't make any claims that it works with the SXTH intake. Some SXTH intake owners asked, so I am thinking of alternative ways, without cutting up somebody's intake. I agree with you, the length is predetermined and is a critical factor, so working with what I have. I think it is unfair to say invent a new wheel, I am simply trying to help other N owners with something they asked me about. I am doing this in my spare time for the car community and to help my friend, this is not my day job 😄. I think you also need to see in the perspective of the N owners that don't have the Forge intake units. They want that modification too. And I wouldn't be surprised if the new SXTH intake goes all the way to the Turbocharger Inlet. 😁
Not making any personal accusations or infurrences, so don't take it personal. It's an observation. SXTH Element has made several promises with regards to intakes, exhausts and other performance elements that haven't come to flourishion. So, I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

Reactions: Mikemr305
Not making any personal accusations or infurrences, so don't take it personal. It's an observation. SXTH Element has made several promises with regards to intakes, exhausts and other performance elements that haven't come to flourishion. So, I wouldn't hold my breath. :)
Not making it personal either, but just stating some facts too. And since the engine is operating under incompressible flow, Bernoulli's does apply here. As for Sxth's, I hope they continue to make great products. It is what the industry and community needs. It is tough in the automotive business, it is very competitive. 😄

Not that competitive, nor tough if you step up and do what's necessary. There aren't many performance companies making parts for the VN in perspective. There will be more eventually but not one business is providing a complete package for the VN.

It takes time and patience.:)

Not that competitive, nor tough if you step up and do what's necessary. There aren't many performance companies making parts for the VN in perspective. There will be more eventually but not one business is providing a complete package for the VN.

It takes time and patience.:)
I was referring to the industry as a whole, both OEM side and aftermarket. I agree, more companies developing parts will benefit the end consumers. 👍

Thread closed off. If anyone has any questions about the adapter please contact @Yames via PM. I can re-open the thread if he decides to make another batch or something.

Reactions: Yames
Hi everyone,

Thank you GazmaN!
As requested from fellow VN/i30N owners, I have decided to do a second batch for a limited time. Drop me a DM if it is something you would like to add to your car. Cheers.

Reactions: GazmaN
Status
Not open for further replies.