• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Cholmondeley-Biscuitt

Nthusiast
Feb 8, 2022
Dunfermline, Scotland
With my new Kona N to be delivered on 1st March, I just know that the dealer will put me on the spot and ask if I want to sign up for a Service Plan.

Anyone here been offered or taken a dealer service plan with their Kona N, and was it comparable to Hyundai?

Last edited:
What did you do in the end ? Waiting for price confirnation on mine, been quoted 3 yr £617 but I didnt talk to them to see exactly what it is.

Update: I have since cancelled my Franchised Dealer Service Plan and taken one out directly with Hyundai (using their online quote system). This means I'm not restricted to a local franchise and can use any Hyundai dealership throughout the UK or further afield should I need to.
Even with the additional management fee it worked out £180 cheaper than the Franchise dealership plan.

Last edited:
Update: I have since cancelled my Franchised Dealer Service Plan and taken one out directly with Hyundai (using their online quote system). This means I'm not restricted to a local franchise and can use any Hyundai dealership throughout the UK or further afield should I need to. It worked out at £1,325.57 for 5 years service and 2 MOTs. Alas, there is an additional Management Fee by Hyundai of £1.25 for each of the 53 months of the plan (£66.25) making the total to pay £1,391.82 in interest free monthly installments.
Even with the additional management fee it worked out £180 cheaper than the Franchise dealership plan.

Here is a bit of a breakdown as regards to the current price for each year's service:
10000 Miles/1 Year Service £164.11 (Franchise quoted £206.20 int)
20000 Miles/2 Year Service £281.07 (Franchise quoted £323.38 full)
30000 Miles/3 Year Service £172.42
40000 Miles/4 Year Service £446.82 (Franchise Quoted £462.96 major)
50000 Miles/5 Year Service £181.15
Did they give you the option to pay it in one payment, I know its interest free monthly but sometimes its easier just to get it paid off in full.

Did they give you the option to pay it in one payment, I know its interest free monthly but sometimes its easier just to get it paid off in full.
Yes, there is that option too.
In hindsight I was probably a bit hasty in getting a Service Plan from the dealership on the day I picked up my car - I had thought it was going to be a discounted OEM 'Hyundai Plan' offered by the franchised dealer but, it turns out that it was their own service plan and valid only at their branches; which meant I had the choice of two in Edinburgh and one in Dunfermline. Having now gone with Hyundai UK themselves, I am no longer restricted as to where I go for a service, so if I'm away down south I could get it booked in locally without a problem. The franchise head office happily refunded me the initial payment, so I'm not out of pocket by swapping thank goodness.

Its good that they refunded you the payment. To be honest I thought that their was only one service plan, I didnt realise that the franchise would be selling their own version! Its a good thing to know, I haven't looked at i20n service plans yet but I shall keep an eye out on what is being offered. Thanks for pointing this out, its a useful bit of info to have in the bag! 👍

Umm I hadn't thought of this, I have a plan from the dealer, but not sure if Hydundai or their own, will dig out the paperwork and check more closely now :)

Not paid anything yet.

Umm I hadn't thought of this, I have a plan from the dealer, but not sure if Hydundai or their own, will dig out the paperwork and check more closely now :)

Not paid anything yet.
Unless your payments/DD are set to go out to 'Hyundai Motor UK' then it's probably with the dealership or Emac (who do a lot of these plans on behalf of dealers). I think the only way to get a plan direct from Hyundai is to get a service plan quote on their website HERE. I was then able to compare the price directly with what I had with Macklin/Vertu Motors.

Reactions: Minigill
Great, thanks. Looks like system hasn't found my plate transfer from the weekend, so will keep trying :)

My DD is with HM UK, will read the small print on the offer of servicing they gave me as well.

Just tried Hyundai and they are £2 per month more than the dealer, it’s still a good price but as I purchased on the day, was offered an additional discount.

I've had this fight 3 year free servicing is on any new order weather that's an un registered stock or factory, cash and pcp is valid! Garages and hyundai are confused, their is a loophole to get it you ordered a new car that's all the terms needed beat of luck I got my 3 years for free

• Free servicing offer applies to all private orders placed between 01/07/22 and 30/09/2022, excluding i10.
only on orders if you check the offers, I placed my order March so didn’t apply

You might be on to something, I have just emailed the dealer asking]

^T&Cs apply. Subject to status. 18s and over. Guarantee may be required. Hyundai Finance, RH2 9AQ. All offers are subject to availability, while stocks last and are only available to private retail customers on new cars which are paid for and registered between 1st July 2022 and 30th September 2022 in the UK and sourced through Hyundai Motor UK Ltd or its authorised dealers. Offers are not valid in conjunction with Affinity. Hyundai Motor UK Ltd is a credit broker and not a lender, and will only make introductions to Hyundai Finance RH2 9AQ.

there terms contradict them selves, the t&c‘s just state registered and paid between 1st July and 30th sept, I ordered in March and picked up 11th July, so worth a try,

many thanks for pointing this out

Reactions: Leepingfrog
will let you know how I get on, thought it might have been for loan only but also applies to pcp, worth chasing

Last edited:
will let you know how I get on, thought it might have been for loan only but also applies to pcp, worth chasing
Remember that it's not your dealer doing it, it's from hyundai direct after you take ownership call hyundai customer services and as long as you have order form you have a new car order don't give up it's 650 for free best of luck,

You might be on to something, I have just emailed the dealer asking]

^T&Cs apply. Subject to status. 18s and over. Guarantee may be required. Hyundai Finance, RH2 9AQ. All offers are subject to availability, while stocks last and are only available to private retail customers on new cars which are paid for and registered between 1st July 2022 and 30th September 2022 in the UK and sourced through Hyundai Motor UK Ltd or its authorised dealers. Offers are not valid in conjunction with Affinity. Hyundai Motor UK Ltd is a credit broker and not a lender, and will only make introductions to Hyundai Finance RH2 9AQ.

there terms contradict them selves, the t&c‘s just state registered and paid between 1st July and 30th sept, I ordered in March and picked up 11th July, so worth a try,

many thanks for pointing this out
I paid cash

I paid cash
Same thing happened with my wife’s VW coz we paid cash - their similar offer of 2 year free service plan was not free for cash payments which we got told about when collecting. £600 is £600 though and we got the car discounted by that amount as said we won’t pay for the car as circumstances changed. We are also ‘still thinking’ about taking the plan up ;) local indie over 2 years is only 2/3 the price anyway!!

Reactions: Leepingfrog
Spoke to Hyundai customer service, they confirmed that the free servicing is only on new order from 1st July, 😩, as said would have been nice to save £600 and put that towards the gas bill.

Spoke to Hyundai customer service, they confirmed that the free servicing is only on new order from 1st July, 😩, as said would have been nice to save £600 and put that towards the gas bill.
New order is a car you order it dosent state factory order stock cars with fake names in stock are new orders try it