• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Schalensitze / Sitzumbau

Hello, sorry I do not speak Germanese.
I have the same problem. I would really like to sit a bit lower in the cockpit. I'm 1m87 with panoroof, it's ok but the rearview mirror is just in my line of sight.
So yesterday I had the same idea as you to change the electrical seats to go lower.
I think -3cm is possible. I think modifying the tooth rack is a very cool solution.

Ich hatte sitze mit Sitzheizung ohne airbag. Hab mir einen Stecker gebaut. Versuche aber gerade ein set zu bauen das es plug an play ist. Kann nämlich meinen sitz so nicht einfach zurück rüsten.

Denke für das Zubehör zusätzlich zu den Sitzen wirst knapp 200€ ausgeben, damit es auch wirklich plug an dplay ist.

Sitzhöhe ist deutlich tiefer, bequem sind sie und halt hat man auch :)

Reactions: Turbo
Hello, sorry I do not speak Germanese.
I have the same problem. I would really like to sit a bit lower in the cockpit. I'm 1m87 with panoroof, it's ok but the rearview mirror is just in my line of sight.
So yesterday I had the same idea as you to change the electrical seats to go lower.
I think -3cm is possible. I think modifying the tooth rack is a very cool solution.

i have both seats iunside, i will check it later :)

Reactions: jeroenvde
Bitte do that! :)

A lot of pictures is always great

Checked it a few Hours ago. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid that it is not Possible to modify the OEM Seat. Maybe it's possible to extend the Tooth rack, but as I see it, the frame of the seat and it's attachment on the floor won't allow to put the seat lower.

Maybe Bonsai can confirm this until he checked his seats. Hopefully he has another idea!

Talked to the saddler in my town a few months ago. His only way is cushioning, to get 2 Centimeters lower (Best Case Szenario).

Checked it a few Hours ago. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid that it is not Possible to modify the OEM Seat. Maybe it's possible to extend the Tooth rack, but as I see it, the frame of the seat and it's attachment on the floor won't allow to put the seat lower.

Maybe Bonsai can confirm this until he checked his seats. Hopefully he has another idea!

Talked to the saddler in my town a few months ago. His only way is cushioning, to get 2 Centimeters lower (Best Case Szenario).
I have looked at it yesterday. Some things are indeed in the way. But I think they can be relocated or modified.

I had no possibility to disassembly the Seat.

Maybe you get a better overview when it's disassembled. It's not impossible that there's a way to modify. But my prospects to this are limited.

Let me know if you find something new!