• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Rubber Bump stop behind clutch pedal?

OldmanDad

Oct 13, 2019
UK
Hi all,
my son has a 2020 i30N and has told me his clutch pedal feels ”different” recently.

It seems it’s making a knocking sound when depressed fully. I had a look and can see the metal of the pedal “arm” can “knock” against a piece of metal below the dash, when fully pushed down. It’s making a plinky metallic knock as a result. I had a quick look and there is a hole in the metal which to me looks like it should have a rubber bump stop in it. However I couldn’t find anything on line, called the local garage and spoke with service dept. The chap I spoke with said he thought there was no rubber bit, but he didn’t have one to look at. I’m not certain I explained it very well to him (or here!).

if anyone can shed any light my son will be grateful as will I.
I suggested he take it to be inspected if it feels different, as it may be a sign of another problem, but wanted to check the basics. 👍

Thanks for this! I noticed same thing today on FL model. I only had it for not even a month and I noticed clunking sound that wasn't there before. Freaked out a bit immediately. :D