• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine restart engine after stalled

kwn30

Jan 31, 2023
UK
Hello everyone, I have a question about restarting the engine after stalled. When stalled, what is the best way to restart the engine?

Right now I have to press the stop start button to turn off the car and then press again to start the engine. Is this normal?

I have searched the net and read the manual but can't find any information about this.

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I have a question about restarting the engine after stalled. When stalled, what is the best way to restart the engine?

Right now I have to press the stop start button to turn off the car and then press again to start the engine. Is this normal?

I have searched the net and read the manual but can't find any information about this.

Thanks!
It’s normal

Thanks!
Mine will restart after stalling just by pushing in the clutch. Happens to my wife a lot.

It’s normal
Thanks for your reply. This is not very convenient. My other cars can start the engine again by pressing the start button once. For the i30n, if you press the start button after stalled will switch off the car and all the setting like rev and auto start/ stop will be lost.

Mine will restart after stalling just by pushing in the clutch. Happens to my wife a lot.
Thanks. This is very strange. I thought my i30n should have this function as well but I didn't. Mine is UK manual i30n facelift. What's your?

Thanks. This is very strange. I thought my i30n should have this function as well but I didn't. Mine is UK manual i30n facelift. What's your?
Based on your previous reply, it seems that you are switching off the stop/start. If you do that, the car won't start by pressing the clutch, hence the need to press the start button twice.

Reactions: _Emma
Thanks for your reply. This is not very convenient. My other cars can start the engine again by pressing the start button once. For the i30n, if you press the start button after stalled will switch off the car and all the setting like rev and auto start/ stop will be lost.
Easy way to avoid is not to stall!

Reactions: Crocoman and NCart
Based on your previous reply, it seems that you are switching off the stop/start. If you do that, the car won't start by pressing the clutch, hence the need to press the start button twice.
Maybe I have turned off the auto start stop function, let me try later. Thanks.

When I stall (manual M.Y. 2020) I step on the clutch and smash that start button, just once. Just like with my other start-buttoned manual cars in the past. EDIT: Oh this was about start-stop functionality, that thing is second thing which I turn off after I leave my parking space. First one is ofc beep-beep of parking sensors ;)