• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning Remap

Never gets old :p but Na I’m all seriousness there is a remap thread and it has my rolling road and crocomans rolling road, my thread will have another 1 up on the 8th of August and timot has his big mods rolling road in his thread

When there's more info I'll probably write something and gather it all together. I think it's a bit early though.

So today was finally THE day. Still to warm 30°C and very dissapointed about Original numbers. 252,8hp but 398,7Nm as standard. After mapping with Speed Buster digital module 282hp and 428,5Nm. He said with this temperatures you can count 10 to 15hp powerloss. Curve of torque is flat from 2500 till 4500rpm. Drivewise it's a totally different car. There will be a video of dynorun soon available from PPE (Power Plus Engineering) Belgium. I think on their facebookpage.

Need to be careful with modern cars as well with various drive modes. Heard it can be difficult to get accurate results on the Dyno due to this and in built protection etc etc

So today was finally THE day. Still to warm 30°C and very dissapointed about Original numbers. 252,8hp but 398,7Nm as standard. After mapping with Speed Buster digital module 282hp and 428,5Nm. He said with this temperatures you can count 10 to 15hp powerloss. Curve of torque is flat from 2500 till 4500rpm. Drivewise it's a totally different car. There will be a video of dynorun soon available from PPE (Power Plus Engineering) Belgium. I think on their facebookpage.
What performance mode and gear were the pulls done in? If those numbers are at the wheels, the original numbers are actually higher than factory numbers (after considering drivetrain loss). Hopefully there will be a dyno graph showing before and after.

Reactions: R Veloster N
This is a question I’ve wondered. What gear are the runs taken in on the majority of cars? I imagine they would have a rather big effect in the run?

This is a question I’ve wondered. What gear are the runs taken in on the majority of cars? I imagine they would have a rather big effect in the run?
Whichever gear is closest to 1:1. Usually 4th gear on a manual transmission, but sometimes 3rd is used if the car takes too long to do a pull.

Reactions: R Veloster N
What performance mode and gear were the pulls done in? If those numbers are at the wheels, the original numbers are actually higher than factory numbers (after considering drivetrain loss). Hopefully there will be a dyno graph showing before and after.
The pulls were done in N-mode, those numbers are motor numbers. Pulls were done in 4th gear. I have the dynographs on paper but I'm nerd in those things to put on computer. Hope I was able to respond correctly to your question

Well thats very disappointing for stock figures. I would be asking Hyundai whats up and for them to correct the power output, you cant sell a car saying it has 275hp and its only making 252hp...

275 PS (271 BHP) at the crank.
252 WHP (at the wheels).

How is this disappointing? It measured above factory numbers when you consider 15% drivetrain loss would yield 230 WHP from 271 BHP.

he said it was measured at the motor ( i assume he means fly ) hence far less then 252 wheels ?

he said it was measured at the motor ( i assume he means fly ) hence far less then 252 wheels ?
I asked (just to be certain) and first he said it was measured at the wheels. I should’ve quoted him because he changed it to say motor. I’ve deleted my previous post which became erroneous. Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited:
I asked (just to be certain) and first he said it was measured at the wheels. I should’ve quoted him because he changed it to say motor. I’ve deleted my previous post which became erroneous. Apologies for the confusion.

Ah right sorry i did't pick up that part :)

However if we add 10hp to extreme high temps 262hp is not far of i guess if were chasing numbers, could be any number of things to account for that 10 missing

Reactions: Cygnus X-1
You're right, I checked to be sure and on dyno papers is marked torque en hp MOTOR. So dissapointing number from Hyundai in HP. Torque was more than given, 398Nm stock. I have to deal with it. Next update will be Wagner intercooler but not available yet. That could help the problem with temperature issues

262hp in dyno is ok from stock car if it is hot outside and IC is not spried with cold water.
Last time on dyno, we measured 258,2bhp and 404Nm during first run. Before second run, we spried lots of water to the IC and it made 283bhp and 412Nm (DP + intake duct, ECU stock).
We are using 5th gear on dyno.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1