• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Rear bumper issue

carrambles

Jan 19, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi all, had my car for about 2 months, just found a very strange issue while washing the car.... Bumper seems to be moulded wrong?IMG-20220123-WA0027~2.jpeg

Issue is it's now scratched the paint on the bumper due the closing to boot....

Thoughts?

Do you have a tow bar by chance? As @Jajodu said the bumper is fitted incorrectly. It seems to be one of the clips which didn't attach correctly. QC from the factory would have likely seen this imo, so maybe your dealer did something there, e.g. install a tow bar?

Do you have a tow bar by chance? As @Jajodu said the bumper is fitted incorrectly. It seems to be one of the clips which didn't attach correctly. QC from the factory would have likely seen this imo, so maybe your dealer did something there, e.g. install a tow bar?
Nope no tow bar installed. All stock from factory

Shame that if it is as it's not marked the paint also. Goes in on the 3rd!

Thanks all
I had the same issue with my pre-owned i30N, but towards the right hand side rather than the left. No faith in local dealers (I'm in the UK) so took it to a trusted bodyshop as the paint was rubbed on the top of the bumper and rubbed right through to metal on the edge of the tailgate. The cause was the bumper riding above an internal clip rather than into the clip. I'm pleased to say the issue is fixed, repainted and invisible.