• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Aaron

Mar 5, 2018
Anyone have any idea how much the Pirelli N tyre will be?

I don't own an i30n yet but hoping to arrange getting one around May. Before that though, I'm trying to factor in some of the running costs so I know what I'll be getting my self in to.

Reactions: paul-h
I’d imagine £150 per tyre (19”)

When you use Kwik Fit for example, with the correct sizes, the Pirelli’s come in at £168.

Just checked there.

Reactions: Aaron
Since the HNs are only available in one size, a quick Google soon finds UK suppliers from just over £150.

Assuming that the fronts wear much faster than the rears (seems like a safe bet!), it's going to be tough to switch brands without upsetting the balance somewhat.

Since the HNs are only available in one size, a quick Google soon finds UK suppliers from just over £150.

Assuming that the fronts wear much faster than the rears (seems like a safe bet!), it's going to be tough to switch brands without upsetting the balance somewhat.

I couldn't find anything on Google, well the Pirelli site. It just directed me to the nearest dealer and no price in sight. Good find, cheers for the link.

this is a question i have been thinking about (but putting to the back of mind) for sometime now, so interesting to see prices. having asked friends they estimated £200 a side. turns out its worse!

the level of grip they give is next level though so im not going to complain, just yet!

Until you need to replace all 4 at once... now where did I put that Vaseline... :eek::oops:
But yes, wheel rotation is a good idea!
Huh, apparently the manual gives different rotation schemes for 18 and 19 inch wheels... never knew that they should differ...

Huh, apparently the manual gives different rotation schemes for 18 and 19 inch wheels... never knew that they should differ...

Go on...

Thought I'd read the whole manual haha!

Anyone has any idea why that is?

If I were a cynic I might think that it's a scheme to sell more of those bespoke Pirellis, since you'd not want new fronts with somewhat worn rears...

But reading the manual's description of "unsymmetric" tyres, I suspect that unlike a conventional asymmetric tyre (with a desired direction of rotation), these P Zero HNs have a distinct "inside" versus "outside" instead, so they can rotate in either direction, but there's something distinct about the construction, pattern, or composition which is design to have the tyre 'face outwards'.

Indeed, having just looked, the outside of the tyre is marked "Outside" - presumably the inside also has an "Inside" label.

I can't see why you couldn't also swap front to rear every six or twelve months depending on mileage.

Reactions: ellroy
both rotation schemes above involve switching L-R sides of the car. which is of course needed to equalize camber wear.
*not advised with directional tires, unless they remount to flip tires.
*not advised to flip tires, if tires are assymetric (most high perf tires are)

front to back ... i dont get the point. it maintains equal wear for 4 tires... but id rather just have the worn down pair replaced with new ones. as long as your mileage is the same the wear rate is the same. it does not affect sales after the first wear cycle.

why does hyundai recommend different rotation schemes ? maybe the perf vs non-perf car have different alignment settings ??

anyway, i would make decision based on actual tire (limited by symmetry, directionality) and observed wear pattern

But its always best to have the least worn tyres on the rear. So when you buy new tyres to replace the fronts you should swap F-R any way.

front to back ... i dont get the point.

Even if you don't do it during normal rotation, it's good practice to put the partly worn rears on the front and the new tyres on the rear when replacing. As numerous people have found out over the years, fresh fronts and worn rears are a recipe for trouble at the first wet roundabout...