• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New Kia Ceed GT

Crocoman

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
Reactions: Deleted member 360
Urgh.. My previous Car was a Kia Ceed GT, too. I still like the style of the old one, but this new GT looks.. urgh. Interior is nice, but the exterior is really bad. And yes, you are right - Kia should have changed the engine. That 1.6L 204hp isn't really good :/

I am really happy that i switched to the i30n instead of waiting for that new GT

Reactions: Crocoman
I completely agree. Even a detuned 2 litre with 220-230bhp and closed to 300nm of torque would set this apart a bit.

And yeah, our 4/5 year old Ceed/Pro Ceed GT’s look so much better than this. What were they thinking?

I’m so disappointed and I can only thank Hyundai for developing and launching the i30N when they did, as this was the car I’d been waiting on getting when I had my 2014 Kia Pro Ceed GT.

201bhp and 195ft/lbs torque AGAIN!!! Kia, are you ever going to change that output?

Anyway, here’s a link.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/kia-ceed-gt-unveiled-201bhp-turbo-petrol-engine

It reads like the N mantra but with a lot less power.... I don’t see the point unless we can call it a baby n :rolleyes:

Sounds like Kia did not have much choice in this as this was a corporate decision. I always thought the i30N should have gone to Kia and the Stinger to Hyundai, but alas this was not the case. Hearing interviews from Hyundai executives, it seems they want to raise Hyundai's profile somewhat as the maker of performance/Sporty cars, so anything remotely N like will be a Hyundai, whereas the KIA sister car will be compromised/More GT like, so as not to compete/overshadow the Hyundai.

Agree with BWChris about the interior. I sat in the new mid range Ceed when servicing my Picanto a few weeks ago and wow....it really is a step up. Dare I say it seems nicer than the i30 - Mostly soft touch, Piano black/fake metal inserts etc.

Wasn't a fan of the previous lower front LED lights style in Ceed GT. Just as I dislike the porche headlamp style with 4 point leds... Just looks like chinesium to me... But otherwise ceeds mk2 were (are) beauties, GT no less... Mk3 i also find less attractive, but not much... If I could wish upon a star, I would prefer a thin bright solid stripe, like tucson has - embedded in the main lamp, the upper edge of it... but the 2 vertical leds for DRL the N has are fine too... just a preference...

Few days ago Kia plant in Slovakia started production of new ProCeed (new Ceed GT is also on the way)

https://webmagazin.teraz.sk/auta/kia-motors-slovakia-spustila-vyrobu-mod/9535-clanok.html

in some countries the prices for the new ProCeed nad Ceed GT has been already published (e.g. Austria or Lithuania)
I'm really interested how much cheaper will be Ceed GT comparing to i30N in my country...

ProCeed from some angles looks really hot :)

Attachments

• 12fedaad9e38e848589b53af8b6a35b09c345f6b-kia-ceed-gt-und-proceed-2019proceed-wei---front-2153...jpeg
    12fedaad9e38e848589b53af8b6a35b09c345f6b-kia-ceed-gt-und-proceed-2019proceed-wei---front-2153...jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I was looking at these (pre face lift), in terms of being on the radar, about a year or so ago, but many of the reviews talked about revs dropping so slow you could make a cup of coffee while waiting, and the manual gearbox iffy.
And the facelift now is auto only.
o_O

I own a 2014 GT tech and its fine for what I need it for, its a GT remember not a hot hatch! it gets decent MPG for being a daily but also can pick up nicely when your wanting to have a bit more fun! although the car is heavy at 1450KG its very noticeable but it still handles very well,

They wanted to use the Gamma engine over Theta due to economy in the most part. its a great cruiser for the size engine.
the gearbox is ok but i think my third is starting to wear out so I have a spare box on the way just incase it is. other then that its a nice car and wayyyyyy better then my Nismo juke I had not long ago, that thing was awful apart from the Nismo seats

I own a 2014 GT tech and its fine for what I need it for, its a GT remember not a hot hatch! it gets decent MPG for being a daily but also can pick up nicely when your wanting to have a bit more fun! although the car is heavy at 1450KG its very noticeable but it still handles very well,

They wanted to use the Gamma engine over Theta due to economy in the most part. its a great cruiser for the size engine.
the gearbox is ok but i think my third is starting to wear out so I have a spare box on the way just incase it is. other then that its a nice car and wayyyyyy better then my Nismo juke I had not long ago, that thing was awful apart from the Nismo seats
Did you have the RS version of the NISMO Juke, with the LSD and highter hp? I've tried the 'normal' NISMO Juke and the RS version, and the RS feels a different car. Another issue with it though is tyres. WHen I look on AutoTrader literally every owner seems to have ditch finders on it (the OEM Conti Sport Contact 5s were bad enough). These tend to give horrific wheel spin and torque steer. PIlot SPort 4 tyres eliminates literally all of that. The car has its flaws big time and can be hard work, but the RS with Pilot Sport 4 tyres on it is half decent for what it is. The Mrs got it about 4 years ago as a pre reg as she wanted something a bit different. And she likes the seats you mentioned, plus by luck the RS version we got got a tech pack on it (better headlights/all round camera/blind spot/lane dept/cross rear etc). It's used now as '3rd car' for errands, the dog etc and the odd day taking it to work. For that stuff it's fine.

Did you have the RS version of the NISMO Juke, with the LSD and highter hp? I've tried the 'normal' NISMO Juke and the RS version, and the RS feels a different car. Another issue with it though is tyres. WHen I look on AutoTrader literally every owner seems to have ditch finders on it (the OEM Conti Sport Contact 5s were bad enough). These tend to give horrific wheel spin and torque steer. PIlot SPort 4 tyres eliminates literally all of that. The car has its flaws big time and can be hard work, but the RS with Pilot Sport 4 tyres on it is half decent for what it is. The Mrs got it about 4 years ago as a pre reg as she wanted something a bit different. And she likes the seats you mentioned, plus by luck the RS version we got got a tech pack on it (better headlights/all round camera/blind spot/lane dept/cross rear etc). It's used now as '3rd car' for errands, the dog etc and the odd day taking it to work. For that stuff it's fine.
Ni just the normal Nismo, the extra few HP is nothing to worry about and the diff would of helped but the thing had crap handling and understeer's like crazy no matter what you do to help it! i used Vredestein vortis and they are great and never any issue on y race car or other cars and i used to have the sesstanas but they stopped those and they were on my skyline and never broke traction so the Vreds for me always get good results but on the juke that never helped it

its quite small the juke for what it is! I wanted something as big as my old Almera space wise as i move loads of car parts around so it had to be useful but ended up being smaller and thats when i got the GT as its way better for space and i honestly like being lower down vs the suv height! for some reason i just never got on with the jukes height and the wing mirrors are huge! i had to raise myself to look over them on roundabouts haha and im 6,1 so im not short at all!!! haha

Ni just the normal Nismo, the extra few HP is nothing to worry about and the diff would of helped but the thing had crap handling and understeer's like crazy no matter what you do to help it! i used Vredestein vortis and they are great and never any issue on y race car or other cars and i used to have the sesstanas but they stopped those and they were on my skyline and never broke traction so the Vreds for me always get good results but on the juke that never helped it

its quite small the juke for what it is! I wanted something as big as my old Almera space wise as i move loads of car parts around so it had to be useful but ended up being smaller and thats when i got the GT as its way better for space and i honestly like being lower down vs the suv height! for some reason i just never got on with the jukes height and the wing mirrors are huge! i had to raise myself to look over them on roundabouts haha and im 6,1 so im not short at all!!! haha

Yes, the handling isn't the best, wobbly, but touch wood, unless I'm not driving it had enough, I've never had under steer. I've had the odd torque steer pull when hitting the accelerator out of a corner and it's gone over a price of road which it don't like (uneven), but even that got radically reduced with the Pilots.
I have tried the 'Normal' Nismo and there is a difference. Me and the Mrs test drove an RS first and thought it was okay, but it was a 10K miles, 1 year example for a silly price. We only anted to test drive it. Before we took the plunge and got a pre reg, I said we'll test drive another to be sure, and there was a 'normal' NISMO locally, so we test drove that, feigning interest etc, not meaning to buy it but another go in one. I thought it was quite a bit different handling wise (bit softer) and the brakes never seemed as bitey. In fact i said to my Mrs that I don't fancy it...and then noticed it wasn't an RS (silly me!). I went to look at the pre reg and test drove that and it felt like a different car, even with the rubbish Conti Sport 5s. Of course you've got to use RON 99 (well, 98+) in the RS, which basically means just Momentum, V Power or ESSOs latest supreme 99. Fair play ours has never had anything but them in it.
Overall though it is a wierd, quirky thing, which does have character, which lots of motors don't anymore. Half the time I don't mind it and half the time it's annoying.
I know what you mean about being better lower down though, it feels funny when I go in my MX5 afterwards lol

Last edited:
Yes, the handling isn't the best, wobbly, but touch wood, unless I'm not driving it had enough, I've never had under steer. I've had the odd torque steer pull when hitting the accelerator out of a corner and it's gone over a price of road which it don't like (uneven), but even that got radically reduced with the Pilots.
I have tried the 'Normal' Nismo and there is a difference. Me and the Mrs test drove an RS first and thought it was okay, but it was a 10K miles, 1 year example for a silly price. We only anted to test drive it. Before we took the plunge and got a pre reg, I said we'll test drive another to be sure, and there was a 'normal' NISMO locally, so we test drove that, feigning interest etc, not meaning to buy it but another go in one. I thought it was quite a bit different handling wise (bit softer) and the brakes never seemed as bitey. In fact i said to my Mrs that I don't fancy it...and then noticed it wasn't an RS (silly me!). I went to look at the pre reg and test drove that and it felt like a different car, even with the rubbish Conti Sport 5s.
I know what you mean about being better lower down though, it feels funny when I go in my MX5 afterwards lol
the lower arms are a tad stiffer on the RS models and shocks might be a bit more stiffer so could be a valving thing to fine tune it all.
I never tested the RS out so I cannot comment on that model myself im afraid. I still dont think it would of made a difference to me liking it though.
I tried rear anti roll bars, I did wider wheels and lighter wheel and good tires and made engine torque mounts to see if that all helped and nothing! so I gave up. I like nice handling cars,

also i hated the sport button! it was so stupid, it was either ON or off feeling with very little throttle control lol i kept it in normal or eco mode to be able to use throttle control better, just be careful of the rust and ball joint issues they are having lately! they never protected them well so people are starting to get rust eating the metal and parts but also the front lower arms are bad and the BJ's are popping out so keep an eye on that and re grease or replace the BJ as a service item but make sure you get RS arms as those have strengthening plates welded into them

the lower arms are a tad stiffer on the RS models and shocks might be a bit more stiffer so could be a valving thing to fine tune it all.
I never tested the RS out so I cannot comment on that model myself im afraid. I still dont think it would of made a difference to me liking it though.
I tried rear anti roll bars, I did wider wheels and lighter wheel and good tires and made engine torque mounts to see if that all helped and nothing! so I gave up. I like nice handling cars,

also i hated the sport button! it was so stupid, it was either ON or off feeling with very little throttle control lol i kept it in normal or eco mode to be able to use throttle control better, just be careful of the rust and ball joint issues they are having lately! they never protected them well so people are starting to get rust eating the metal and parts but also the front lower arms are bad and the BJ's are popping out so keep an eye on that and re grease or replace the BJ as a service item but make sure you get RS arms as those have strengthening plates welded into them

No, I doubt it'd make much difference to you liking it, it's different, but of course not leagues away.
I use perma sport mode lol.
I still go to the dealer to have it serviced as I like the guy who does it. It was in for its 2nd MOT a month ago (with a service + gear oil) and he said it seems fine underneath. I do hose it underneath about once a week in the winter, which I reckon helps with salt accumulation.
I don't know how long we'll keep it for. It just went past 40K miles and seems fine, plus I had the gear box oil changed a month ago and had new front Pilot 4 tyres in September so it seems silly to sell it straight away, and given it, touch wood, seems fine, I might keep it a bit longer. There's a bit of a click/pinging noise when going slowly sometimes in 1st or 2nd (not over bumps or turning etc) from the front passenger wheel area (I think), but the guy couldn't replicate it when I had it serviced.