• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Nürburgring - 2018

David Barrett

Jan 26, 2018
I've been fortunate enough to have a number of cars, 3 of which I've taken to the Nürburgring, my favorite being the Abarth.

I normally go to the Belgian Grand Prix every year in August, and take the hour long trip over to the ring while I'm there.

I can't wait to go again this year and take the i30n - who else plans to go over here?

27650957_10214196506322477_320484532_o.jpg 11986392_10206709419749992_257785273480689005_n.jpg

My trip is booked - had the same idea as yourself.
Driving down to the Belgium Grand Prix and then taking on the ring on the Friday.
Weekend tickets for the F1. Paid for by the Mrs :cool:

Would be epic to see you there, what day you planning on doing the ring?

Reactions: David Barrett
My trip is booked - had the same idea as yourself.
Driving down to the Belgium Grand Prix and then taking on the ring on the Friday.
Weekend tickets for the F1. Paid for by the Mrs :cool:

Would be epic to see you there, what day you planning on doing the ring?

No way, that'd be amazing!

You need to keep an eye on the Nurburgring website as they are closed on specific days.

Previously I've gone on the Saturday afternoon and left after the qualifying, but I've been for a number of years now so will probably skip the practice and go on the Friday as long as the ring is open.

I always camp on the track booked through (https://www.campingf1.com/) as the traffic after the race on the Sunday is dreadful - the first year I stayed on a campsite a short way from the track and spend 4 hours sat in traffic :(.

No way, that'd be amazing!

You need to keep an eye on the Nurburgring website as they are closed on specific days.

Previously I've gone on the Saturday afternoon and left after the qualifying, but I've been for a number of years now so will probably skip the practice and go on the Friday as long as the ring is open.

I always camp on the track booked through (https://www.campingf1.com/) as the traffic after the race on the Sunday is dreadful - the first year I stayed on a campsite a short way from the track and spend 4 hours sat in traffic :(.

Very excited mate. Booked it up in November - before ordering the car itself :D
Yeah I'll be sure to check the days, will keep a close eye on it.
We're also camping, never done Spa before so will be epic and hopefully see Lewis on that podium.
We'll definitely keep in touch and meet up on the Ring if poss!

Very excited mate. Booked it up in November - before ordering the car itself :D
Yeah I'll be sure to check the days, will keep a close eye on it.
We're also camping, never done Spa before so will be epic and hopefully see Lewis on that podium.
We'll definitely keep in touch and meet up on the Ring if poss!

It's a great weekend, I did it once and have done it every year since!

Sounds like a plan, try find me on Facebook - David Barrett :)

I asked Hyundai direct if they will offer brand new owners invites to events like track days at Nürburgring or WRC but unfortunately they don’t. Would be nice to do a tour of their centre over at Nürburgring.

Never done it but would love to do a lap one day.

Call me what you like but I just don’t get the fascination with the ‘Ring... I mean cool track and all but it’s just not my cup of tea.

My friends think I’m nuts but I think it’s seriously over hyped.

Would actually prefer to go to Spa and watch the F1 without the ring trip and I’m not a F1 fan either!

The more I type the more strange I think I am! Haha!

Reactions: David Barrett
I used to go around and around on gran turismo as a kid so it would be amazing to actually do it in real life that’s the only reason I like it

Ohh and if Hyundai invited every new i30n owner and a few of us actually did it, how cool a road trip would that be!

I asked Hyundai direct if they will offer brand new owners invites to events like track days at Nürburgring or WRC but unfortunately they don’t. Would be nice to do a tour of their centre over at Nürburgring.

Never done it but would love to do a lap one day.

Yeah it would be pretty cool if they did do something like that - I did it with Abarth at Silverstone.

Call me what you like but I just don’t get the fascination with the ‘Ring... I mean cool track and all but it’s just not my cup of tea.

My friends think I’m nuts but I think it’s seriously over hyped.

Would actually prefer to go to Spa and watch the F1 without the ring trip and I’m not a F1 fan either!

The more I type the more strange I think I am! Haha!

You’re right - very strange ;)

Reactions: paul-h