• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Jack up point

I actually just acquired some QuickJacks and was wondering about proper jack points too!

If you were to put this car on a proper 2-post list, are there official frame rail positions other than using the pinch welds with rubber notch adapters?

Reactions: R Veloster N
I actually just acquired some QuickJacks and was wondering about proper jack points too!

If you were to put this car on a proper 2-post list, are there official frame rail positions other than using the pinch welds with rubber notch adapters?
Jack of lift, just use the foreseen jack up points.
They are the same

Ok folks, I managed to get the front of the car up off the ground and install the jack stands in the proper location. I purchased a jacking beam support block which is real rubber and will not crush or break it is meant to be used with a scissor flatbed hydraulic lift, anyway place the jacking support block back far enough from the factory jack points so you can place your jack stand at the jacking point.

I purchased two Halfords 2 Tonne jacks and jacked the car up on both sides until the trolley jacks were at maximum height, once you have the car high enough where you want it lower the car onto the jack stands and leave the jack just touching the bottom of the car as a secondary backup in case of jack stand failure, this way you are releative safe from being crished to death by the car falling on you.

This way I was able to jack the car up successfully so as to enable me to work under the front of the car safely to install the front splitter. It means the added expense of purchasing two car jacks but this was the only way I was able to do it because it was either I purchase a second trolley jack or a set of car ramps and would I have enough ground clearance to drive on the car on the ramps as a few videos show difficulty with the I30 N mounting the everyday standard car ramps, and I wqas not going to spend £141 on Race Ramps. So, all in all this is how I did it and it works. Simple when you know how. EH!

Links below to the purchased items.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jacking-...797585?hash=item341b81e751:g:a4wAAOSwNlleIf4D

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-t...ds-2-tonne-low-profile-hydraulic-trolley-jack

These work well to help you at the jack points. Use some ramps it's easier and you can access the front lower bumper easier.
Difficult to get on ramps, but those rubber supports look really good. I get through so many timber offcuts that eventually crush. On order.

Handy this thread popped up as I just hit a monumental pothole in Glasgow coming back from work tonight, sidewall puncture rim intact which I guess is good, so have had to stick the spair wheel on. Pain in the ass as I was hoping to get a few more thousand miles before purchasing Michelin PS4's for the front! F*ck you Glasgow City Council.

Reactions: GazmaN
Both the Control arms in the front and both Rear Suspension Arms can be used with a floor jack and jack stands. Make sure you utilize rubber puck and rubber jack stand bushings.
For those of us who would not be too aware of the proper location to rest the car on the jack stand taking your advice my picture circled in red would this position be 100% ok to rest the car on the jack stand now I know it is not an I30 N but gets the point across as to the similar location on our Hyundai’s lower control arm at the rear of the control arm just before the bushing but not actually resting on the bushing. Can anyone confirm. As I gather this would be very good information for the community. Or maybe reply with your own pictures showing the perfect location to rest the car on the jack stands.

control arm.JPG

Can anyone comment on this. As I am looking a safe point for the jack stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on this. As I am looking a safe point for the jack stand.

Dont rest a jack stand on any control arms or bars!!

Use the crossmember/subframe as this is solid and you can't bend/damage anything....in theory.

I always place the jack stand underneath the bolt shown in the picture. Have done for years on various cars and its solid. You can use a piece of wood or similar if you are worried about scratching the crossmember but if your careful then it shouldn't be an issue.

66647809_447208429459681_642451099445362688_n.jpg

Not being funny but if you don't know how to jack up and support a car you maybe shouldn't be working on it?!
(Edit: sorry that comes across harsh but honestly once the car is jacked up have a good look under there and use common sense. The jack stand is to support the car weight, not to just let the car rest on it, if that makes sense).

Last edited:
Never had a problem with supporting the car by the control arm mounting points or sub frame.

I suppose, I needed to be just a little more specific for the novice. It's fairly obvious once you get the vehicle in the air.:)

Oh I know how to jack a car up in the air, change brake lines and change discs and pads. Just didnt own A Hyuandi, as it is all plastic under there only being careful not wanting to damage anything being over cautious. You have given me a good indication where to place the jack stand. Thank you for that info with picture much appreciated. No I do not work on cars you are correct but I need to get under the car to fit this pesky front splitter so I'll be under the car and do not want to end up totally flattened or dead if it does fall on me you will know as I won't be posting any more maybe that will be a good thing, EH!

Reactions: Mikemr305
Ok problem solved jacking the car up. Just use a longish thick piece of wood say slightly over 37cm or 14 inches. Place the wood on the lip back far enough to be able to place the jack stands in their correct jacking point on the car if you jack the front of the car it also lifts the back of the car up and you can place the jack stands in the correct place lower the car onto the jack stands job done.

I will upload pictures as I will be ceramic coating my brake callipers as I have spent the last week painting them, so when I ceramic coat them I’ll do a pictorial.

Last edited:
This is the car finally placed on two jack stands. I placed the jack as a secondary precaution just under the sill of the car though there is no weight on the jack at this point as the weight is deployed onto the jack stands, the jack is only there as a secondary backup, so you place the wood as I have done just back far enough from the original car jacking position there is no damage caused to the sill using this method position it carefully then when you have the car jacked up to your required height place the jack stands in the factory jack stand position better doing this than using previously discussed jack stand points just while the car is under warranty you don’t want giving Hyundai any excuse to deny a warranty claim if any arose. concerning the suspension, whoo hoooo.

R2.JPGR3.JPGR4.JPGR5.JPG

I bought hockey pucks off ebay and cut a channel out for a previous car work great on the N also

I bought hockey pucks off ebay and cut a channel out for a previous car work great on the N also
I purchased the dreaded hockey pucks also. All failed miserably sent them all back and was refunded. Now I just use wood off cut as in my picture.

Most of the jack stand pods from China 🇨🇳 are SHIT. Ive had 2 of them and they both broke up after a couple of lifts.
I WOULDNT BUY.