• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N wheel compatibility

KCUFRADIO

Jan 12, 2020
Europe
Recently sold my i30N to switch to i20N, and I still have my winter set, 18" Autec Wizards with some Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires, do you think they would fit on the i20N? I just saw an information sheet of the upcoming Pirelli P zeros, and thus it is confirmed that the i20N tires will be 215/40R18. My conversion basically would be 225/40 to 215/40 then.

Recently sold my i30N to switch to i20N, and I still have my winter set, 18" Autec Wizards with some Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires, do you think they would fit on the i20N? I just saw an information sheet of the upcoming Pirelli P zeros, and thus it is confirmed that the i20N tires will be 215/40R18. My conversion basically would be 225/40 to 215/40 then.
With only 10mm of difference can't see why not depending on the ET of your Wizards versus that of the i20N wheels.

Reactions: Frosty274
Waiting by the dealer the PCD pattern and ET offset ... Since I have already identified the perfect rim ... OZ SUPERTURISMO LM 18 Zoll Felge - Rupteur ... Close to the i20 Rallye 2 spec ... Also waiting dealer to question Hyundai Motorsport what are the 18'' wheels used on Rallye 2 spec car :)

They do look good :)
I'm interested to hear what you learn from the dealer. I will also be replacing the rims on mine when I eventually get the car. Keeping the original rims for winter use (winther tires) I think.

Reactions: DukeNukemSLO
I checked out the i20N.

I think it might only fit 8Jx18, 8,5Jx18 might be to thick. Not that much space left already with the 7,5x18 fitted.

Im going for the Motec Ultralight 8Jx18. They are only 7,9Kg xD thats also the RIM they uswd at the 24H Race Nürburgring

Reactions: loboo and Jepper
Looks like Engstler used the Motec Aventus on the i20N at the 24h:
24hNbr21_012421ES_ES_e2e.jpg

https://www.motec-wheels.de/de/felgen-programm/programmuebersicht/?design=Aventus

Waiting by the dealer the PCD pattern and ET offset ... Since I have already identified the perfect rim ... OZ SUPERTURISMO LM 18 Zoll Felge - Rupteur ... Close to the i20 Rallye 2 spec ... Also waiting dealer to question Hyundai Motorsport what are the 18'' wheels used on Rallye 2 spec car :)

View attachment 17210

Thats the one i ordered today and hopefully fits well :D
Guys, what ET and rim size have you ordered?

I would like to buy: https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/formula-hlt-5h
18x8. ET45 5x114,3. Not sure if they fit.

Last edited:
Yes, i know. I asked more about whether it would be too big a change. 7.5 ---> 8 and ET53 ---> ET45.

"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 1.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 14.4mm more than before."

@Touge
Calculated correctly. Will fit perfectly with a standard 225/40 or 235/40. Only with 245/40 or a 235/40 semi the clearence can be on the edge.

Reactions: XK140
No no. We're talking about the i20N, not the i30N. ;) 225/40R18 Bridgestone Potenza Sport. Standard 215/40R18 Pirelli.