• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N - Reviews, General Discussion & Info

Rear end modeled after current European model Audi A1. Does look ugly. I would buy this car for the wife in a Midnight Black though.
I actually love the rear, probably my favourite part, the way it’s done makes it look lower and wider, much better than the dull mini van looking rear on the FiST, the Gold colour sounds interesting if that’s what it is? So does the darker blue, but I’d probably go black again if I trade in for this next year..

I actually love the rear, probably my favourite part, the way it’s done makes it look lower and wider, much better than the dull mini van looking rear on the FiST, the Gold colour sounds interesting if that’s what it is? So does the darker blue, but I’d probably go black again if I trade in for this next year..
There are two ways this comment can be interpreted with my mind guess which way I have gone!!

I really just can't decide on what colour..
Usually have some favorite but not this time. Not pure black but probably something with black roof.

Exterior colours:
• Performance Blue (with optional Phantom Black roof)
• Intense Blue (with optional Phantom Black roof)
• Polar White (with optional Phantom Black roof)
• Sleek Silver (with optional Phantom Black roof)
• Brass (with optional Phantom Black roof)
• Phantom Black

Reactions: alpiv64
I’m not that keen on the black roof, I reckon it’ll look better all the same colour, I’ll have to see all the colours yet, Maybe I’ll just get black with the optional phantom black roof?

Yeah I should have removed the black roof bit on my quote.

Dare I say it, but black roofs are a bit overdone nowadays......🤔

Black roofs matter.

Nice :) indeed!

On choice of colour: I might go for something as plain as pure white (undecided on the roof). Alternatively the new intense blue.
The thing is it has to work with the red side skirt stuff, which probably is mandatory regardless of choice of paint.

I'm in contact with a dealer in my country requesting any new information as it comes available. I'm pretty sure I want one of these when available unless any big surprises pops up before then.
I like the size (don't need i30-size), power level is also fine for me and they seems to prioritize driving fun at various (normal) speed-levels (not just 200km/h at a track) which is exactly what what I am looking for. One prototype-reviewer compare it a bit to mazda mx5 which sound highly promising if true. I am mostly looking for driving fun at legal public road speeds. So to me it seems pretty promising as an alternative to Ford fiesta St (which is not really a good option where I live for various reasons, such as 2 year warranty only).

Dont understand why grey is not a colour option?...
would 100% look best,
-dont like black
-performance blue looks to childish
-white booring
-brass and silver probably wont look very good
-intense blue not sure but think i want a more discreet colour.

would 100% look best,
-dont like black
-performance blue looks to childish
-white booring
-brass and silver probably wont look very good
-intense blue not sure but think i want a more discreet colour.
I would also have liked grey as an option but I can probably reconcile with the available colours. I would have liked the non micron-grey colour (typically seen in i30n fastback).

Don’t understand why red is not an option? Red looks good on the FiST, would of looked great on this, strange colour choices on this one, not liking the sound of gold or silver yet, but I’ll to wait see them, and basically two blue colours? which is odd, wish they could of at least thrown in a bright colour like an orange or something?

Hi folks, this is my first post here, i was thinking of buying the i30n performance but after i sen this i might go for the new i20n, it looks very agressive and modern lines, good tech, lightweight and good engine power, i want it for road trips in the mountains and some highway, i think it will be the perfect car, realy looking forward to see it in person.

I saw the normal new I 20 the other day. Checked out the interior and so on. I actually think it looks pretty good in person. Even the normal non-N is fairly sporty looking. Significantly wider than the old model and definitely big enough for me. Interior is hard plastic but it did not seem cheap to me. I have a hard time finding eg. Vw polo much different or any better as for perceived interior quality. Design-wise I definitely prefer the i20.

Dealer said i20 N should arrive in my county end Q1 2021 with reservations due to COV19.

Now I am torn between silver and performance Blue. Do you go max 'shoutiness' or the much more discreet silver? Silver might tone it down a bit and actually look faily good on this specific model I think. Strong red accents on front and side skirt + spoiler will make it stand out somewhat regardless of choice of colour.

Reactions: JAYtheVET