• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I20n Order now or wait for FL

NeuvilleN

Apr 18, 2023
Spain
Nice to meet you all!
I have searched in the forum for this topic but I haven't found anything, that is why I am creating this thread. I am sorry in advance if this has been already asked and I missed it.

I am based in Spain and I am planning to get a I20n, probably in sleek silver, but with the FL announcement I am not sure what to do.
Here in Spain I think it is possible to still order a pre-fl one, in fact I have an appointment with the Hyundai's dealer this afternoon. I think I can probably order it at around 27K, and the wait is going to be around 4-6 months (most likely 6).

But now I am not sure what to do, because if the FL is released this summer and it addresses the issues of the pre-fl model (I am concern mostly about Rev-Spikes) and also improves the design of some parts (interior and exterior) I think it would be interesting to wait.
But on the other hand, if the FL needs to be compliant with EUR7 and they need to make it more decaffeinated, and/or the design is not better than the pre-fl, and specially if the price goes up to 31-33K and I can't order a pre-fl i20n it would be a pity.

What would you do? Would you order one now and wait until let's say September-October to receive it, or wait until October to see how the FL is?
By the way, it is not urgent for me to receive the car, I still have a car to drive.

Thanks!

It doesn't have "significant" mechanical improvements. What ever that means. But overall it's a bit optimistic to get this car in 4-6 months. Depends on spec I suppose. Some people are still waiting for cars they ordered over a year ago.

I'm about to get mine ordered in October, also from Spain. I was told no FL models will be shipping to customers until March/April so your call on whether or not you are up to wait.

Plus you gotta wait for the announcement and for them to open up the orders...

You'll be waiting a long time for a FL model if it even gets released. I bet you wont see a FL till end of 2024 if you're lucky!

Alot of owners have reported no issue with rev spikes on later cars, mine certainly doesn't, so don't let that put you off ordering one now.

Reactions: NeuvilleN
The great thing about a car that has been in production for years is they have time to iron out a lot of the problems with it.

This is one of the main reasons I went with a new i30N.

There is another car I was considering, that shall remain nameless that was all new and now that it has actually hit the street it has no end of quite serious issues and ones that are not going to be fixed with a bit of a firmware update.

The French and Belgian dealerships have not taken any orders for the i20 for a few weeks now, and for the i20N they have not said anything at all...
Maybe the end of the i20N ?

Source , Twitter Hyundai France :

20230410.jpg

The French and Belgian dealerships have not taken any orders for the i20 for a few weeks now, and for the i20N they have not said anything at all...
Maybe the end of the i20N ?

Source , Twitter Hyundai France :

View attachment 22555
Didn't Albert confirm the restyle for the i20N?... I think it is happening for sure. But no new model in the future due to Euro7 despite the engine supporting it

Thanks all for the feedback.

As the wait for the FL seems to be for at least 1 year, yesterday I went to a Hyundai dealership here in Spain and they told me Hyundai stopped the production of the Sleek Silver model worldwide (this was the only colour I really liked) and was not possible to order one anymore.

Today she called and told me that she found one that was going to be in an expo for a few days in May. She told me that the car will be closed and people won't be allow to touch it or enter ir. However I made her include in the order contract that if when the car arrives, it shows any sign of wear on the interior or exterior I am allow to cancel the order and get back my 1.000 EUR deposit.
It is completely new (so not registrated yet) and I will receive it end of May/begining of June (in only 1 month and a half), so I ordered it as I think it would be the last opportunity to order one in this colour. I think I will ask them to paint the roof in black when it arrives as well.

Many thanks to all again!

Reactions: B3nson
Thanks all for the feedback.

As the wait for the FL seems to be for at least 1 year, yesterday I went to a Hyundai dealership here in Spain and they told me Hyundai stopped the production of the Sleek Silver model worldwide (this was the only colour I really liked) and was not possible to order one anymore.

Today she called and told me that she found one that was going to be in an expo for a few days in May. She told me that the car will be closed and people won't be allow to touch it or enter ir. However I made her include in the order contract that if when the car arrives, it shows any sign of wear on the interior or exterior I am allow to cancel the order and get back my 1.000 EUR deposit.
It is completely new (so not registrated yet) and I will receive it end of May/begining of June (in only 1 month and a half), so I ordered it as I think it would be the last opportunity to order one in this colour. I think I will ask them to paint the roof in black when it arrives as well.

Many thanks to all again!
Keep us updated on your order

Hello from Estonia!

I'm exactly in the same boat here. Although my dealer says, if I place an order now, I will recieve a non-facelift model, i'm not so sure about it. I was told the wait time is 12-14 months, so once the production line switches over to facelift model maybe at the end of the year, I guess everything could be possible.
Also very sad about Hyundai dropping the Sleek Silver color (and also Brass, as it seems). I will probably go with the black now. (oh, and no extra charge for the black roof 😄 )

Hello from Estonia!

I'm exactly in the same boat here. Although my dealer says, if I place an order now, I will recieve a non-facelift model, i'm not so sure about it. I was told the wait time is 12-14 months, so once the production line switches over to facelift model maybe at the end of the year, I guess everything could be possible.
Also very sad about Hyundai dropping the Sleek Silver color (and also Brass, as it seems). I will probably go with the black now. (oh, and no extra charge for the black roof 😄 )
A year from now, you'll be getting an FL for sure and paying more for it... Most likely the same way Ford managed the FL for people with a year old orders..

Does anyone know the color code for the black roof when you order it as an extra? Is it the same colour as the one used for the Phantom Black i20n?

I am asking because here in Spain it is not an option to get the black roof and I am thinking about asking the Hyundai dealership to paint it when it arrives, but I would like to be sure exactly which colour should be used (also just in case I decide to paint it in another place).

Thanks!

Does anyone know the color code for the black roof when you order it as an extra? Is it the same colour as the one used for the Phantom Black i20n?

I am asking because here in Spain it is not an option to get the black roof and I am thinking about asking the Hyundai dealership to paint it when it arrives, but I would like to be sure exactly which colour should be used (also just in case I decide to paint it in another place).

Thanks!
colour code is X5B, but I would recommend you wrap it instead of painting it, the paint from factory has a full separation inside the car pillars etc aswell so it won't look as good if you just ask them to paint it, and wrap is cheaper... but that's just my opinion

So, the latest news from the dealer here is that all new orders have been halted for now! (I assume it's the same throughout EU)
Looks like Hyundai is cleaning up the current production queue first and then will switch over to facelifted model and starts accepting new orders again. Who knows, when that will happen and what will the cost be.

But.. all is not lost here. To my surprise, the dealer actually had two orders already in progress with both cars also available - Red one and Performance Blue with black roof & Bose.
So the PB has now been reserved for me and should arrive in January 2024 😊.
Still not 100% sure, how the color looks like, because most pictures are over saturated or using heavy filters. And it's virtually impossible to catch one on the streets - only 5 PB's registered in Estonia (18 cars total, including 4 Rally2's).

Reactions: Triggaaar
The PB looks very good in real life, followed my first i30N in that colour a few weeks ago in bright sunlight.

Still couldn't bring myself to buy one in that colour however, had it been the Subaru WRC blue then maybe.

Cannot see how there will be a facelift version, by the time they clear the backlog and try to come up with something new to meet the current EURO standards they are either going to run out of time or come up with something disappointing.

My girlfriend describes my PB as 'very pretty, but in a manly way'. Make of that what you will.
And there is the problem right there. I also asked my girlfriend and the answer was not really what I wanted to hear. I know blue is for boys and pink is for girls but its just a bit "gender neutral" for me.

Still good on Hyundai for making that colour option, clearly Albert pissed off BMW sufficiently for them to make the new M2 in the identical colour its called "Screw You Blue".