• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How to update 2020 i30N 8" infotainment without GPS/SD Card Slot

Arenais

Oct 8, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Hi!

First time poster here. I got a 2020 Hyundai i30N in Chile, where they were sold without GPS. This means I don't have an SD Card slot. I saw there is an update for the infotainment (and as well the navigation system, which I don't care about), but the official Hyundai update software makes you use an SD Card. The screen on the car also asks for an SD Card to update. I've tried using a USB SD adapter on the USB slot, but it also doesn't work.

So, has anyone been able to update their infotainment on a PD i30 with the 8" screen without Navigation/SD Card slot? Please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi!

First time poster here. I got a 2020 Hyundai i30N in Chile, where they were sold without GPS. This means I don't have an SD Card slot. I saw there is an update for the infotainment (and as well the navigation system, which I don't care about), but the official Hyundai update software makes you use an SD Card. The screen on the car also asks for an SD Card to update. I've tried using a USB SD adapter on the USB slot, but it also doesn't work.

So, has anyone been able to update their infotainment on a PD i30 with the 8" screen without Navigation/SD Card slot? Please let me know!
just use a generic usb-stick on the usb slot. should work IIRC

just use a generic usb-stick on the usb slot. should work IIRC
Tried it, it started reading the files as if it were music, but eventually it recognized it on the update screen, but said it was the wrong one. Have tried with every region, but seems as I have a "GEN" region car, I can't update the software to the newest version, sucks.

If anyone has been able to do this, please let me know!

That looks correct, and you've tried it formatted as both exfat and fat32?

If so then it should work, maybe ask the dealer?

I have the exact same issue and Mr Hyundai did not figure it out or has been able to make it work.

Arenias, did you ever resolve this?