• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Help with clearing up a coolant top-up

royal.lsx

New Member
Sep 28, 2026
1
0
1
Switzerland
Hi all- first time post and I'm writing this because I cannot find any information online and I'm truly not sure what I can do and this is stupidly done on a short notice, so any help from pros here would be amazing:)

I've got a 2018 Hyundai i30N and I am running low on coolant; I've got a trip planned this weekend with a lot of driving and I did not realize it is sitting at the minimum level. Out of precaution, I'd love to top it up myself and save a costly trip to the mechanics.

My concern is... I have no idea which coolant to put in. The last time I've taken it to the mechanics they've topped it up with G12 Coolant, so I'd assume I can put that in the car. However, the coolant liquid in the car is... green? and any G12 I've seen so far is red/pink/blue/yellow- it's all a little overwhelming and I'm now at a bit of a loss as to what the heck I put in!

I'm not trying to kill my car by putting the wrong type of coolant in and seizing the engine up; according to Auto-Doc the coolant I have here (https://www.auto-doc.ch/ridex/17376725)... am I overthinking it and I should just bite the bullet and get this and top it up or am I going about this wrong...

Looking for some quick guidance as this is all a bit overwhelming for me and I'm struggling to figure this out.

Thank you in advance!
 
What Hyundai used on older models is likely a G12+ in green, like BASF Glysantin G33 (green). If you need only a little top up use some water, you are still prepared with -25 Celsius for the next winter.
 
You're overthinking the "low level" part. Our '24 EN shows about 1/4 inch below the low line when cold - has since it was purchased. When fully warmed up, or hot after a track day, it can show as high as near the full mark. Always returns to the slightly low when cold. The bigger risk is filling it up and not closing the coolant recovery tank cap correctly. I'd let it be. If you're actually consuming coolant you have a leak or bigger issues.