• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Gearbox Oil Change

IamRy

Jan 6, 2019
SW UK
I was told the gearbox service interval was 60k miles in the UK. Our normal service regime is slightly different than Europe anyway, with them being 10k/12 months.

I'm willing to bet that 60k would be fine as our gearbox is certainly nothing special but I wanted to do a service early on in the life of the car to account for the wear process.

Cavaco90

Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Guys, according to the manual, the amount of gearbox oil is 1.8L, is this info correct? Which means 2 of these bottles (some remain of course), labour and i'll be happy. Problem, the dealer is quoting me, off record, 140€ (at least) for everything saying that the oil is expensive and requires many liters (he mentioned 4...not joking) so i think i'm not going to leave this job to them :\

IamRy

Jan 6, 2019
SW UK
It cost me £39 including letting the dealer source the correct oil (they ordered 3L). Tell them to stop messing you about and give you a proper quote.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO