• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Front splitter question

OneTwoWhatever

Nthusiast
Nov 27, 2022
North
Any aerodynamicists here? Will this splitter actually have some aerodynamic properties or is it just a cosmetic thing? Maxton does say it is a model with extra durability for racing applications.

Thank you. Cheers.

I got this one https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body...ro-front-splitter-v.1-flaps-hyundai-i20-n-mk3 which is the one you linked with the flaps also added. I dont think it does much for aero as its a bit thick but the edge is tapered to help cut through the air so maybe a little, the flaps might do a tiny bit. Definitely more for aesthetics but none of us are going to a wind tunnel to test it really.
In-case you wondered what 'black-red' colour means it gives it a red core (The red on the side of the flap is a vinyl

It seems like maybe these aren't long enough outwards to push the high energy air up and low energy underneath. But that is not a very educated guess though since I am not that deep into the subject. Maybe these actually are capable somewhat of shuffling some of the air trying to undesirably go below.

The flaps are adjustable but for everyday driveability ive got them set to their minimum as to not stick out too wide and catch curbs and what not (people)

I got this one https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body...ro-front-splitter-v.1-flaps-hyundai-i20-n-mk3 which is the one you linked with the flaps also added. I dont think it does much for aero as its a bit thick but the edge is tapered to help cut through the air so maybe a little, the flaps might do a tiny bit. Definitely more for aesthetics but none of us are going to a wind tunnel to test it really.
In-case you wondered what 'black-red' colour means it gives it a red core (The red on the side of the flap is a vinyl
The Plastik parts at the windows, where do you get this?