• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Feeding amp power cable through firewall (RHD)

play1

Oct 15, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi All,

Anyone with experience feeding a power cable through the firewall on a RHD i30n? I am trying to feed a 8 gauge cable.

Scouring the forums, I've only found records of people doing it on LHD cars by going through the bonnet release cable grommet, but this involves routing a cable around a hot engine for a RHD car and I'm worried the cable insulation might melt.

Some mention of using the fuse box, but I'm not too sure how that works.

Any help is appreciated! Currently got a pile of trim out of the car and haven't found much luck :(

Cheers,
Phil

Just for piece of mind. Whatever hole you decide to penetrate, always use a rubber grommet ;)

Hi Play1,

I also have fed my main power cable through the AC drainage hole, but also put silicone sealant down the grommet to stop any water from getting into the cabin between the cable and the AC drainage pipe.

Looking at your photos, do you have or plan to fit an inline fuse on your power cable by your battery. Would highly recommend this in case your cable goes short circuit.

Andy.

Reactions: Bu11eT
Hi All,

Anyone with experience feeding a power cable through the firewall on a RHD i30n? I am trying to feed a 8 gauge cable.

Scouring the forums, I've only found records of people doing it on LHD cars by going through the bonnet release cable grommet, but this involves routing a cable around a hot engine for a RHD car and I'm worried the cable insulation might melt.

Some mention of using the fuse box, but I'm not too sure how that works.

Any help is appreciated! Currently got a pile of trim out of the car and haven't found much luck :(

Cheers,
Phil

Hello buddy

Are you installing an aftermarket ICE system, then?

I am a bit late but I saw videos for LHD I30N which they use rubber grommets that already exist. Are those different on RHD cars?