• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Estimated Delivery for 2020

albi000

Jul 5, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Still waiting for my fastback, know the car landed in Sydney before xmas, but still dont have a delivery date. Assume its being held up with the Sydney lockdown, but no one can tell me anything.

Frustrating, but its just waiting ;)
And today is the day, got a couple of pics from the dealer over the weekend and delivery scheduled for this afternoon. Long wait, and sm sure it will be worth it.

LordPave

Nthusiast
Nov 23, 2020
Melbourne
And today is the day, got a couple of pics from the dealer over the weekend and delivery scheduled for this afternoon. Long wait, and sm sure it will be worth it.
If you, like me, havent had a brand new car ever, then savour it. I kinda rushed through my delivery process, but there is a certain joy in getting a brand new car that I didnt expect.

albi000

Jul 5, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
I can close out this chapter of estimated delivery. Car picked up last night and so far I'm in love.

To close out the long wait, the rego plates were delayed and I spent 2 hrs at the dealership waiting for them.

First time seeing the fastback, and to me exactly what I wanted. The white and black has great contrast and different to anything I see around. Before today my plan was to wrap the roof black, may wait on that decision now.

No idea how you are expected to keep this under 3k revs, almost impossible in my opinion ... And then to variable the revs, I'm basically running between 2k and 3. Done a couple Adelaide hill runs today trying to maintain this. 100k done, 900 to go.

If anyone has any tips and tricks would love to hear them, is there a thread? So far all I have picked up is to run in custom, and turn suspension down to sport. Wish it would start up in that mode. Also turn off navigation alerts.

Kimi30n

Nthusiast
Aug 25, 2020
Sydney
Congratulations @Lawfulmoth 🍻 Those greys look really nice!

I’m seriously finding creeping along in car parks really fascinating with some sounding better than others LOL

I wonder how many more are coming along for January 😀

Reactions: LordPave

Kimi30n

Nthusiast
Aug 25, 2020
Sydney
Congratulations to you too @albi000! 🍻

In love is the feeling everyone gets as soon as they drive away!

I think you can turn off navigation alerts in settings because I turned her voice down. She drove me nuts with the bing bong sounds and especially ‘narrow road ahead’ which made me think really?! but I haven’t turned her off just to remind me to keep to the speed limit.

Like what everyone seems to say, just drive it!

Which dealer are you taking yours to in Sydney for its first service? I’m not keen on going to our regular Hyundai service centre because they left my 2016 i30 in a mess in December. Greasy hand prints on all panels and scratched my rims.

Take it easy after the run in period because Sydney’s roads are a wee bit slow for all the fun stuff 👍🏻

LordPave

Nthusiast
Nov 23, 2020
Melbourne
No idea how you are expected to keep this under 3k revs, almost impossible in my opinion ... And then to variable the revs, I'm basically running between 2k and 3. Done a couple Adelaide hill runs today trying to maintain this. 100k done, 900 to go.

If anyone has any tips and tricks would love to hear them, is there a thread? So far all I have picked up is to run in custom, and turn suspension down to sport. Wish it would start up in that mode. Also turn off navigation alerts.
I've just ticked over 1050km today, to be honest staying under 3k RPM was a hard task. In hindsight though, I think the engine is less of a concern (though not zero concern) for the first thousand km, and its seemingly more about the rest of the driveline + brakes + suspension etc.

In terms of my tips and tricks, I cant say I have anything ground breaking here:
- In N custom mode, I have everything set to sport or sport+, except for suspension which is set to normal. This gives me all the fun of N mode, but with the suspension compliancy I want when I'm on less than smooth roads. Full N mode suspension is something I'd only use on the track, as its simply too hard
- It took me a little bit to work this out, but with the luxury pack front sensors, you can turn them on manually with the button by the gear stick. This seems like a trivial thing to mention, but flicking it on when forward parking is a habit you should get used to, as they're quite helpful
- You can absolutely turn off the Hyundai start music. I did that within the first hour
- There is an anti-stall type feature, where if you smoothly release the clutch WITHOUT touching the accelerator, it will hook up and get you going. I think there's a post on the forums somewhere where someone mentioned its good to learn how to use that function to get you moving, as its effective in stop/start traffic
- Similarly, the car does have hill assist that holds for 2 seconds
- The Pirelli P-Zero HNs are super noisy on coarse bitumen
- The stereo needs a lot of EQ'ing to sound OK

One other thing, as far as manufacturer paint goes Hyundai's application is pretty much average. There is some value in getting PPF on the front end if you intend on tracking the car or driving long distance. I ended up putting PPF all over the front end, and ceramic coating the back part of it as I intend on both (tracking it, and driving from MEL/ADL/MEL every couple of months)

The other major thing I'm waiting on is a wireless CarPlay adapter via CPLAY2air. There is an equivalent Android Auto device being made, that's through AAWireless. I'll post a quick and dirty review if anyone is interested, when I get the thing.

Reactions: GazmaN

albi000

Jul 5, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
I've just ticked over 1050km today, to be honest staying under 3k RPM was a hard task. In hindsight though, I think the engine is less of a concern (though not zero concern) for the first thousand km, and its seemingly more about the rest of the driveline + brakes + suspension etc.

In terms of my tips and tricks, I cant say I have anything ground breaking here:
- In N custom mode, I have everything set to sport or sport+, except for suspension which is set to normal. This gives me all the fun of N mode, but with the suspension compliancy I want when I'm on less than smooth roads. Full N mode suspension is something I'd only use on the track, as its simply too hard
- It took me a little bit to work this out, but with the luxury pack front sensors, you can turn them on manually with the button by the gear stick. This seems like a trivial thing to mention, but flicking it on when forward parking is a habit you should get used to, as they're quite helpful
- You can absolutely turn off the Hyundai start music. I did that within the first hour
- There is an anti-stall type feature, where if you smoothly release the clutch WITHOUT touching the accelerator, it will hook up and get you going. I think there's a post on the forums somewhere where someone mentioned its good to learn how to use that function to get you moving, as its effective in stop/start traffic
- Similarly, the car does have hill assist that holds for 2 seconds
- The Pirelli P-Zero HNs are super noisy on coarse bitumen
- The stereo needs a lot of EQ'ing to sound OK

One other thing, as far as manufacturer paint goes Hyundai's application is pretty much average. There is some value in getting PPF on the front end if you intend on tracking the car or driving long distance. I ended up putting PPF all over the front end, and ceramic coating the back part of it as I intend on both (tracking it, and driving from MEL/ADL/MEL every couple of months)

The other major thing I'm waiting on is a wireless CarPlay adapter via CPLAY2air. There is an equivalent Android Auto device being made, that's through AAWireless. I'll post a quick and dirty review if anyone is interested, when I get the thing.
Nice tip on AAWireless .. I def will check it out. USB port on my Pixel is not the best.